5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative vegetarian dishes!
I don't think it is "bland" - I think that the dishes are all wondrously subtle in their flavors, but I believe that taste is, of course, a personal thing! Favorites are the "Mock Caviar," the ratatouille and the eggplant bake - even with my resident carnivores. And, of course, you can always "kick it up a notch" with the spices if you think they are too bland!
Published on July 9, 2006 by M. MacIver

3.0 out of 5 stars A few stand-out recipes
I think the author is British because most of the recipes are instructions towards bland cooking. However, I found a few recipes that have become favorites: excellent hummus and spinach pie recipes.
Published on August 17, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative vegetarian dishes!, July 9, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, tasty recipes, August 23, 2011
mary (NY state, U..S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vegetarian Dishes from Around the World (Paperback)
A couple of these recipes - the stir-fry with mushrooms and the spinach pie - have entered our repertoire - and I mean my entire family's! I've also enjoyed several others that I've made. Rose Elliot's books are lovely to look at, easy to read, and the recipes give consistently good results. As others have said, they are simple and clear and use foods you can pick up in your grocery story or farmer's market. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still use it all the time!, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Vegetarian Dishes from Around the World (Paperback)
I still use this book decades after it was printed. I love this book! It's simple to use. Ingredients are easy to find, everyday items in a grocery store or farmers market. Also, it is written in a way anyone can understand. I love this book and frankly mine is falling apart I use it so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't have to be a vegetarian to find multiple recipes to enjoy within!, October 13, 2009
This review is from: Vegetarian Dishes from Around the World (Paperback)
I bought this (used) years ago and have considered it one of my top five recipes books ever since. I love the information on the recipes and their orgins, as well as new ideas on some tried and true ones. Especially good, and unique are the recipes for Parkin, Gnocchi, lentil and eggplant dishes, and the potatoes anna (I use sweet potatoes and have converted people who insist they hate them. :D) The recipes are not *English* but international, so there are multiple countries to be exposed to with regard to food delights. Smakelijk!

3.0 out of 5 stars A few stand-out recipes, August 17, 1999
By A Customer

Vegetarian Dishes from Around the World
Vegetarian Dishes from Around the World by Rose Elliot (Paperback - May 1982)
Used & New from: $0.01