5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite cookbook!
I love this book! It is great for exactly what I wanted to do...learn how to cook some fun, vegetarian dishes that even I wouldn't goof up!

Every dish that I've tried has been a success...that's saying a lot since my mother's only cooking lesson was 'how to heat a can of corn.'

One thing to mention is that this book is meant to build on Madison's...
Published on November 25, 2005 by Shelly Sutherland

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit or Miss - but mostly miss...
I own several of D. Madison's books and have gotten to know her cooking as reliably good, tasty, and easy to make. In fact, I have liked many recipes so much, that I did not hesitate to expand my collection of vegetarian cookbooks by acquiring this volume.

I am sad to say that the recipes in this book do not live up to Madison's reputation.

Since I...
Published on May 25, 2008 by M. Franz

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book!, August 20, 2011
I was going through a vegetarian phase recently and found I did not have many recipes for interesting vegetarian food other than Indian or Chinese vegetarian recipes. In the past I have found most non-Indian vegetarian cookbooks to be quite boring - full of brown rice, brown lentils, tinned beans or pasta Prima Vera, and unimaginative spicing. So I looked in Amazon and found this beautiful book. Since I got it, I have read it cover to cover, salivating over ALL the recipes. I have cooked a few and they certainly have not been disappointing. My favourites are the broccoli, pine nuts and green olives over wholemeal penne and those gorgeous stuffed peppers on the cover!

I am no longer wholly vegetarian but I still make quite a few meals out of the book and it has inspired me to experiment with ingredients which I normally would not have used!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Gift Was a Big Hit, January 11, 2011
I got this cook book for my girlfriend as a Christmas gift....she loved it cooks out of it at least 3 times a week. As a meat eater i actually enjoy all of the dishes she makes out of this book. A++ defiantly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars The recipes are fantastic and delicious!, May 24, 2010
I rarely write reviews but this time I really wanted to share that I love this cookbook! I have so far tried stuffed peppers and cabbage pockets and eggplant dishes and they are to die for. What is most important that all recipes are light yet filling and delicious. It takes time though to prepare them so they are rather not quick but oh men it is worth waiting. I can not wait to cook more and I hope that one day Deborah Madison will start making her recipes with a New Mexican twist because this is where she lives the books says.

5.0 out of 5 stars stuffed peppers, November 12, 2010
I sm always on the search for a stuffed pepper recipe. The cover of this book enticed me to make it. It was really easy. I only omited the purple onions that go on the bottom of the peppers. This dish was easy to make. Tasted really good!!! Will be making it again! For me this recipe is a keeper!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cookbook, January 12, 2009
W. Hansen (Corners, ky USA) - See all my reviews
While Deborah Madison's "Vegetarian Cooking For Everyone" is a wonderful reference book and has great recipes, "Vegetarian Suppers" is a good supplemental book. The recipes are different, delicious and relatively easy to prepare. I have been very pleased with the results of the recipes I have tried. Definitely a additional book for your cookbook shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Madison Success, June 2, 2014
I own all of Madison's cook books. I am not a vegetarian but always turn to her when I want a good side item or a main course without meat. Her supper menus offer many good ideas for main meals that are attractive and as good as they look on the plate.

4.0 out of 5 stars good cookbook for vegetarians, May 8, 2014
The recipes are tasty and not complicated. They cover a wide range of dinner possibilities
and gave me some new ideas to add to my repertoire.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gave as a Christmas Present, January 2, 2014
I bought this as a christmas gift for my dad. The recipes are simple enough recipes but more exotic than the everyday recipes you come to expect. Nice flare on vegetarian cuisine. He enjoyed it, tried two recipes that night. As long as you have a basic understanding of foods and flavors the book is easy to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves the cover page recipe, December 14, 2013
We are vegetarians and we found great recipes in this book, although some of them contain eggs. But somehow my wife found a way to prepare them without eggs and she appreciates the guidance. The taste is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every kitchen!, December 1, 2013
Do you love vegetables? Then you NEED this book. You do not have to be a vegetarian to own this book, it is loaded with delicious side dishes, soups, salads...anything to do with veggies!

Rate and Discover Movies