Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2012 5:33:29 AM PDT
Mark says:
Howdy!

For the people who've purchased this cookbook, I was wondering how suitable it'd be for vegetarians.

I expect lots of meat recipes, but I was hoping for enough meatless ones to be able to justify buying the book for a vegetarian friend without feeling like it'd be pointless for her.

Thanks-in-advance!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:49:14 AM PDT
AC says:
If you are interested in giving them a cookbook where there are vegetarian main courses, I would say probably not. But that being said, there are plenty of other recipes that aren't meats dripping with juices ;) There are:

* breads (which include a black bread and fruit stuffed buns)
* salads and sides (some are meat based, but there are also the medieval and modern pease porridge recipes, and the truly awesome sweetcorn fritters);
* soups (cold fruit soups both medieval and modern, and leek and pumpkin soups where you could probably swap out the chicken broth with vegetable);
* a really lovely pair of cheese and onion pies (I like the modern recipe, and swap out fondue-appropriate cheeses and nutmeg for the cheddar and cayenne);
* beverages (including the green-tea based "iced minty green drink"); and
* desserts (which are varied and all look yummy - I admit I haven't tried those)

If she eats fish, then there are several sides, stews and main courses she could try - including the showstopping Sister's Stew (a cream-based fish stew preferably served in a black bread - yum!)

Hope this helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook
A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel (Hardcover - May 29, 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (258)