4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, not so amazing clean up
I have to say, I saw this at Bed Bath and Beyond and it was a complete impulse buy. At $14.99 and a promise that I would be tricked into eating more vegetables seemed do-able.

Published 3 months ago by Jordyn

3.0 out of 5 stars READ BEFORE USING
I bought the Veggetti last week, as I am eating a Paleo diet and was interested in making "pastas" with vegetables.

Published 3 months ago by Andrea

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, not so amazing clean up, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer, makes Veggie Pasta (Kitchen)

I used this as soon as I got home on zucchini, which seems to be the most suggested item for the Veggetti. I have to say, I am downright IMPRESSED. The blades are so sharp- no snagging or force! The instructions tell you how to serve in four ways, sauté, boil, bake or eat raw. I'm not a huge veggie fan, so I went with sautéing.

After a few minutes of sauté and a tiny bit of italian dressing, I think I may have found my new favorite small kitchen gadget. The noodle shape of the zucchini completely masked it into making you believe enough that you are eating real pasta. There are endless amounts of dressings and sauces you can pair with these, and a handful of veggies that work with the spiral cutter.

MY ONLY WOE… is that cleanup is not as easy as the directions boast. The blades are tiny and very sharp, I found it to be nearly impossible to completely clean inbetween tiny pieces of zucchini from the blades. This is definitely something you want to wash in the dishwasher if you don't have a power spray on your sink. This is the only reason why this product doesn't get five stars., otherwise I would recommend this to anyone whether you're a parent trying to get your kids to enjoy more veggies, someone trying to eat healthier, or someone who wants to mix up their current diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Spiralizer!, April 7, 2014
I. Lewis (Atlanta, Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered a Tri-Blade Spiralizer with the highest hopes of it working well. It arrived in new condition and the blades still had safety plastic on them. However, it just wasn't sharp enough. Any and every vegetable that I tried to send through it (no matter what blade size) came out perforated-- almost noodle quality but not quite. I spent more time pulling apart the noodles than I spent eating them. I was so disheartened because I orginally wanted the Paderno but it was going to be out of stock for almost a month; I didn't want to wait.

Enter Veggetti. I noticed that my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond had Veggetti's in stock so I decided to give it a try before sending my spiralizer back. I'm glad I did. I am so impressed. It works almost like a pencil sharpener. The outside of your vegetable becomes the noodles while the inside core remains intact. The noodles came out long and just thick enough on the side labeled thin-- almost spaghetti like in size. I sauteed my noodles in a pan with a bit of olive oil and served eggs in purgatory on top! Amazing! The noodles were quick to make and I didn't have to pull them apart by hand. No, this doesn't make vegetables taste like spaghetti or other pastas. Nor does it offer the same texture. However, if you're looking for a good sauce carrier and the slurpy, fork twirling quality of noodles you cannot go wrong with the vegetable "noodles" this tool makes. I've been eating these "noodles" for almost a week now and don't even miss pasta.

This product does requeire a bit more elbow grease than the spiralizer and you have a bit more non-spiralized vegetable left over, but it is small and easy to store and with my BB&B coupon-- I got it for $20 less than a spiralizer! The only downside is that you can't make curly fries with this like you can do with spiralizer. Maybe it's best that I'm not tempted; after all, I got this to make healthier eating choices.

Some tips:

-Use a small toothbrush or baby bottle brush to clean the "teeth" of the Veggetti after use
-You can get more noodle out of the end piece, even after you've used the cap by turning your vegetable with a plastic fork
-If you find that your vegetable is jamming in the Veggetti, take it out trim the "pencil point" and put it back into the Veggetti

3.0 out of 5 stars READ BEFORE USING, April 22, 2014

This product does what it says and spirals the vegetable into nice "noodles." However. I read the instructions before I used the Veggetti and I read them thoroughly. It does not tell you, nor does it imply, that you should leave the skin of the vegetable on at one end so you will be able to effectively use the cap when the vegetable gets too short. As a first time user, I peeled the whole yellow squash I was using, started turning it in the Veggetti, and when it got a little too short for comfort, I slapped the cap on top. What happened? Well, as I turned the cap around a few times, I realized the only thing that was happening was I was pulvarizing the top part of the vegetable, making a slippery wet mess with no hope of getting a snug grip again. I put the cap aside and decided to try and carefully turn the squash by hand. I tried to be careful of the blade, as the instructions suggest, but of course my hand slipped and I cut myself badly. I don't know what the deal is with that little metal piece that juts out overtop of the actual blades, but it might as well be a samurai sword. So dangerous. Why the heck can't they make a nice soft covering so you don't spiral-ize one of your fingers? Given all the blood, I shouldn't need pasta sauce.

One paper towel roll and cauterization later, I tried another vegetable in the Veggetti. This time, I didn't peel one of the ends of the squash. When it started to get short, I put the cap on and it worked fairly well. For about a second. And then my second vegetable was destroyed underneath the cap. And I guess it had a grudge from the first time (when I may or may not have thrown it forcefully in the sink) but I cut myself a SECOND time UNDERNEATH my fingernail. The flesh under my fingernail is sliced. Er, Veggetti'd.

Not necessarily knocking the product because it did the job of spiraling my vegetables, but not without being a douchebucket. Do not- DO NOT- peel the whole vegetable. You WILL lose a digit.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, March 22, 2014
Robin Tushin (North Bellmore, NY, US) - See all my reviews
fantastic It did just what it said it would with ease I used zucchini the first time and it was PERFECT

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for cukes & squash, May 14, 2014
Dan T. L. (Lancaster, Pa, USA) - See all my reviews
Not good for carrots as thick ones won't turn and thin ones twist off before they are sliced. Softer veggies can be sliced as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Veggie Spagetti!!, April 29, 2014
LOVE LOVE. This is my new go to product. I have used it with zucchini and yellow squash and both came out great. Highly recommend to anyone trying to cut carbs, especially pasta

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, March 11, 2014
I love quality gadgets and this one is about as good as it gets. Zucchini glides through the blades effortlessly and the cover easily snaps on for one piece storage when done. At $19.95 and free shipping, it's a better value too. A must have for healthy lifestyle eaters.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE SPAGHETTI!, May 18, 2014
I LOVE SPAGHETTI! So when somebody gave me this as a gift, I was very skeptical that it would taste not like spaghetti, but like julienned vegetables with sauce on it...boy was I in for a surprise! I put 3 zucchinis through the Vegetti thin cut and I then picked up the "noodles" and I was surprised by how spaghetti-like they were and they were long "noodles", not just pieces. When you use the Vegetti, the seeds of the zucchini get thrown out the other end and there is also a big piece of the vegetable left over at the end that you cant grind because it is too short so I threw away the seeds and then cut up this leftover piece into chunks and added the chunks to the "noodles" to make "meatballs." Next, I stuck the "noodles and meatballs" in boiling water for 2 minutes and 15 seconds...drained, then put it on a plate and spooned on my favorite spaghetti sauce then added some parmesan cheese. I had before me a big plate of Vegetti "spaghetti." Now the real test, I dug in with my fork and twirled the noodles onto my fork using a spoon just like I do with normal spaghetti. To my surprise, it rolled around my fork just like real spaghetti! The first bite I was shocked to find that it actually is pretty close to taking a bite of real spaghetti both in texture and pretty close to taste. One could argue that it is better tasting than spaghetti...I know, I know, hard to believe, but I recommend you try it to see for yourself. Anyway, then I ate the whole plate...it was delicious!!! Honestly, this is an EXCELLENT replacement for spaghetti especially if you are on a diet like me. I have since had quite a few plates of this Veggeti "spaghetti." I FRICKING LOVE THIS THING! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! I am seriously not a spokesperson for this product, I really thought it was going to be crap, but it is great...I just wish they had an electric version you could plug in because my wrist gets pretty tired after 3 zucchinis. Would hate to get carpal tunnel from a Veggetti...lol. Oh, and it is easy to clean!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth it!, July 15, 2014
So glad I decided to purchase this. It may seem like a cheap piece of plastic to the eye, but it actually does work and it works well. Stick your veggie of choice in either side depending on how thick you want your noodles and twist the veggie. No need to press hard or twist hard, its quite easy. I find that its better to use the thicker side if you use zucchini's, otherwise they kind of turn into mushy angel hair-type pasta. You will also have leftover end pieces that you aren't able to twist anymore, but I just cut the ends up and toss them in a baggy for cooking at a later date or eat them right then.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool but difficult to clean, May 6, 2014
I love spaghetti squash but it's expensive when you consider how much you throw out. I was at a cooking demonstration when I saw them use fancy machine to make zucchini "pasta" and was impressed. The price, not so much. When I saw the Veggetti in the store, I immediately thought it would be a good alternative to that expensive machine and I was right.

It's going to sound strange, but the Veggetti works like a pencil sharpener. You put your zucchini (or carrots, potatoes, etc) into the cone and twist. There are multiple blades that will create a pasta like shape as you twist your vegetable through. You will still waste part of the veggie as the core will come out the other side, but it's not much and you can still use this part of the vegetable. It just won't be in a pasta shape. I didn't have any problem twisting the zucchini but I imagine that something harder, like a carrot, might give more resistance. If you suffer from arthritis or other hand/wrist problems, this tool might be difficult to use.

The most annoying thing about this gadget is cleaning it but I figured out a trick. IMMEDIATELY rinse to remove the small pieces of stuck vegetable while it's still moist. If you leave it in the sink and the veggies dry out, they will stick and be almost impossible to remove from the small spaces between the blades. I saw other reviewers mention using brushes designed for baby bottles so that might be another option for cleaning.

Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer, makes Veggie Pasta