Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on December 2, 1999
This one, of the whole Veggie Tales series, is my personal favorite. There's a lot here to love. First, it teaches youngsters a valuable lesson about telling the truth both in its wholesome story and in the larger metaphor that first you control the lie but in time the lie controls you. Second, it's amazingly clever in its dialogue and concept and design, from the Larrymobile with its suction cup wheels to the way Larry-Boy, always the consummate nerd, screams "I--AM--THAT--HERO! " But best of all, adults can watch this video and be entertained as well as the kids, as the creators gleefully spoof Batman and superheros in general, bad sci-fi monster flicks, the Franklin Mint, pop culture and, in the final segment, music videos. All the Veggie Tales series are very funny, but this one makes you laugh so hard you'll have to rewind it in spots to re-watch the stuff you missed while recovering from cracking up. This deserves to be a classic. If the gang from Big Idea had never made another video, we could remain forever grateful for this one. Of course, then we never could have heard "The Hairbrush Song"...
on April 2, 2002
Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato are again hosting another VeggieTales video, this time giving a lesson in telling the truth (John 8:32b "The truth will set you free"). The story begins in the small town of Brumblyburgwhere Jerry and Jimmy are 'supposed' to be monitoring the area for aliens. And when an 'unidentified object' lands, it's up to Larry-Boy (aka Larry the Cucumber) to find out what it is. But Junior Asparagus is the first one to find it; it's an alien called Fib. And when Junior gets into some trouble, Fib gives him the perfect solution; to tell a little lie which of course wouldn't hurt anybody! Junior soon finds out that his little friend can become a HUGE problem! It's up to Larry-Boy and his Larry-Boy Mobile to save the day... if everything goes well...
Totally hilarious, I find this Veggie Tale to be thoroughly enjoying. With great Christian values, they're perfect for kids, teenagers, and even have adults interested with the wry humor, catchy and fun songs, and terrific animation and plot.
This tape is especially hilarious, from the very first part where Larry-Boy explains to Bob how times are changing and that he'll be 'left behind'. Then comes the joke about 'The Invasions of the Cow-Snatchers" which just cracked me up! Then the way they make fun of batman with the light in the sky... and I could go on! I especially love it when Larry-Boy's 'butler' yells to the computer, "BOOT!" Then of course Larry-Boy himself is so funny, with his 'super suction-cups'. The world premier of "Larry-Boy's Music Video" is simply hilarious and very catchy. I keep singing, "Lean, mean, green machine. Larry-boy!" The song is sung fantastically by Christian music artist Nicole Mullen. And I mean it when I say she sang fantastically, she has a terrific voice!
If you liked this VeggieTale, don't miss out on "King George and the Ducky", "Lyle the Kindly Viking", and "The Ultimate Silly Songs Countdown", three of which are my favorites.
VINE VOICEon November 26, 2000
Larry Boy Rules! My husband and I love watching this video as much as our toddler does. Larry Boy is a SuperHero after our own hearts - so comically inept and so very well intentioned! The music is great in this video and the story is superb. Junior Asparagus learns the hard way that a little fib can turn into a big problem - my daughter adores this show! So many children's videos start to drive me nuts after a couple of viewings, but the VeggieTales videos are so clever and funny that I never tire of them - and I catch something new every time I see them too. Larry Boy would be a wonderful addition to any home video library!
on March 9, 2000
This is my five year old daughter's FAVORITE Veggie-Tales video! It's wacky, it's funny, it has a really catchy music video at the end, but best of all, it has LARRY-BOY! If there's one thing preschoolers can relate to it's a SUPER-HERO - and this one is truly unique, with his cucumber body and super-suction (plunger) ears! In this story, Junior Asparagus is taught an important lesson about the dangers of lying; namely, a seemingly innocent LITTLE fib can quickly grow into a BIG, MEAN, NASTY MONSTER of a fib, (that sprouts legs and arms and destroys everything in it's path)! This video might be a bit scary for youngsters under the age of four, but for older preschoolers,(and their parents), it's sure to be a hit! A "Must Have" for every Veggie-tales collection!
on April 19, 2015
This children's animated movie has provided a very grand platform for my 1st grade teacher wife to have discussion in her class about "tatle-tailing" and "telling lies." The topic is covered in a super hero fashion in the animation and does great credit to the whole Veggitales library with the sensitive way in which they covered this area of character development toward a life of integrity. The first graders loved it!
on June 8, 2015
My son loves the VeggieTales. Even if you don't agree with the underlying message, it still teaches kids about what's right and to stand up for yourself. And that's pretty cool. Plus the whole Justice League thing was nice.
on June 27, 2015
My daughter says: Well, I like it because it's funny and the tiny guy gets really big every time he tells a lie. If you tell a lie it gets bigger and bigger and the effects of the lie grow the longer you hide it and keep the lie.
on February 7, 2013
Honestly, I've always loved Veggies Tales. They first came out when I was in 5th grade (Yes, I know I have just dated myself). Having seen many since they first came out I've even had Favortie songs (Yes songs not movies. Crazy right?) as well as favorite movies. Now being a mother myself I have a hard time with picking which ones I want to get my child first. Due to the outer world playing a part in my childs life he unfortunately learned about fibing early. It has been one of my battles with him. I'd never seen this particular veggie tales movie, but I must say that I loved it. I felt that it depicted lieing in a way that I was lacking to do when addressing this issue with my child. I will admitt to missing silly songs with Larry, but it was kindda fun to have the music video at the end. All in all I'm very very happy that I choose to get this video as one of my child's first videos. I was extremly pleased with the message and the way that it was presented. I felt that it was a entertaining story that not only caught you attention, but did so in a way that would allow information to easily soak into the child or childrens minds who may be watching it.
on June 10, 2002
I can't say enough good things about this video and the rest of the Veggietales videos. I have 5 children, ages 15-2 years, and they all like Veggietales...even though my oldest will not admit it. My 2-year-old is very busy and doesn't sit still for anything....except Veggietales. No matter how many times I play the video, he acts like it's the first time seeing it....it never gets old! Not only are these cartoons wonderfully written and animated, they teach everything from sharing, caring, honesty, bravery, obedience, respect, self-respect, responsibity, and most importantly....believing in God, seeking His will in our lives, and realizing His abundant love for all of us. You can't go wrong with these videos, they are the best!
on December 9, 2013
Classic Veggie Tales - Wonderful way of illustrating moral lessons for young children from a Christian perspective with vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, etc.) in starring roles. The tales are spun to be entertaining to children and adults alike.