5.0 out of 5 stars VEGGIE TALE "BIBLE" CHARACTERS "ACT THEIR HEARTS OUT"
Published on June 3, 1999 by Terry Fenwick

3.0 out of 5 stars Ehhhhh...
Gee, I hate to give a Veggietales a so-so rating, but I don't think this was one of their best efforts. It's a retelling of David and Goliath, and Bob tells the story to try to convince Larry that he doesn't have to be LarryBoy to be someone special. Nice try. The lesson lasts until Bob is out of sight.

As usual, lots of liberties are taken with the original...
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars VEGGIE TALE "BIBLE" CHARACTERS "ACT THEIR HEARTS OUT", June 3, 1999
Terry Fenwick (Half Moon Bay, CA) - See all my reviews
I just spent a delightful day watching this video, over, and over, and over. My Granddaughter, Brooke, age 3 knows the story of David and Goliath by heart ! She has become a theologian. What an incredible video idea. Brooke also knows the other Bible Stories, as she has a collection of the Veggie Tales. Her Mother and Father sing the songs and are also learning the stories with her; just in case they had not known them before, or needed to be reminded again. What a great idea ! You will fall in love with all the Veggie Tale Characters who "act their hearts out" making the Bible come alive in your homes. Hats off to these wonderful people who bring us this worthwhile project ! Who said "the world is going to hell in a handbasket" ? They just might be wrong, when little children are growing up learning the truth of the scripture acted out in a great and entertaining way ! Grandparents need not call and ask for gift ideas any longer. . .just give them Veggies ! A great diet !

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite of them all, December 18, 2001
Lara McClintock (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I'm an adult Veggie Tales fan who got introduced to the series through a bunch of college kids. I love the series because there is something for all age groups. Just for kids? No.
Anyway... this one is my favorite. There are all kinds of gags worked into the story that kids would miss but that adults will enjoy, espcially in the battlefield scenes. The important parts of the story are kept sacred, then nothing else is. Where something funny can fit in, it's there. It's a good laugh even when there aren't kids in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, May 17, 2000
William Krischke (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
If you've never seen VeggieTales, you need to. Whatever age you are. Like only a few things in the past (Rocky & Bullwinkle comes to mind) the humor here appeals to kids and to grownups. Some of it is clearly over the kids' heads -- like the philistine peas, a ripoff of The Frenchman in Monty Python's Holy Grail -- but there is plenty for the kids to love.
This is my favorite VeggieTales video thus far, and I've seen all the way through Madame Blueberry. I like that they tell one story instead of two short ones, and there are some great funny moments in here. David's sheep just can't stay upright. And Goliath wears boxing gloves.
And the silly song is beautiful. Usta!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great DVD!, January 16, 2011
This review is from: Dave and the Giant Pickle (DVD)
I love everything Veggie Tales so I'll say that up front, but this is a great one. It includes the Silly Song "I Love my Lips" which is hilarious. I highly recommend this DVD to anyone who likes Veggie Tales or even anyone who has never even seen anything VT and just wants an entertaining, wholesome DVD for their kids that is also funny and interesting to adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband liked this as much as the kids did!, March 12, 2001
Dave and the Giant Pickle is, you guessed it, the story of King David and Goliath. Junior Asparagus is young David, who shows that he is faithful and trusting in God, and in so doing saves the nation of Isreal even though he is "just a little guy". This story gives kids the message that "even little guys can do big things", and that all things are possible when you trust in God. This story also has one of the best Larry's Silly Songs with Larry singing about how he "Loves His Lips!" Very funny! My one year old daughter loves ALL her Veggie Tales, and my husband loved this one too! Veggie Tales are a great alternative to regular Saturday morning tv packed with advertising and inapproriate messages to kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supprising Great!, April 24, 2002
I recieved this video as gift from a friend. I was quite sceptical of it because really how good could a movie be about vegetables? Well I was wrong! I have never laughed so hard in all my life. It is a great movie for kids of all ages. It teaches them good lessons about life and the bible. I suggest the Veggis Tale movies for anyone who would like to see a silly movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top-notch story telling and animation, August 24, 1999
I bought Veggietales for the kids, but the whole family (ages 9 through 65) have enjoyed the excellent animation, the silly humor, and the great story telling. Great for getting your kids into the Bible, but if that's not your goal, they will enjoy the message and have a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Kids, September 3, 1999
By A Customer
Veggie Tales are not only for the children, but for youth and adult alike. The songs are incredible and the humor is not too sappy or too childish. At my University Veggie Tales is a big hit. Any one can enjoy Veggie Tales, if they give it a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite of all the Veggie Tales!, December 13, 1999
By A Customer
This one was the first Veggie Tales video I ever saw, and I think it's still my favorite! The Jurassic Park allusion is hilarious. Intelligent, funny, witty, not just for kids but adults too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An all too rare values-based video, June 15, 1999
By A Customer
My kids who are 3 & 5 love the Veggie Tales videos. They introduce kids to God in a gentle and sometimes funny way. My 5 year old particularly asks for it.

VeggieTales - Dave and the Giant Pickle
VeggieTales - Dave and the Giant Pickle by VeggieTales (DVD - 2004)
$19.99