Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on October 9, 2010
I feel like there has been a shift in the focus of veggie tale productions. Before it seemed to be a lot more bible-centered, which is something I miss now when I watch their new ones to be honest. I think it's cool that they make spin-offs of old movies but I miss the creativity and just the simple bible stories they once had. That and it seems like veggie tales has become very larry-focused. I like larry but I also love the other characters as well! Despite that, I do see all the effort they put in this DVD. It's really deep, even for a children's dvd and in many ways, relateable for all ages. The silly song with Junior was really funny and overall the dvd was really good with a great message. Their productions seem to be getting better and better, but I'm still missing and yearning for some of the old simple bible messages and having all the characters have a chance at the spotlight.
on October 5, 2010
Veggie Tales was lacking for a while; most of this was due to internal struggles (read Phil Vischer's book, Me Myself & Bob, to find out what) With Sweetpea Beauty, they really showed they were back! The quality still is high with It's a meaningful Life.

This is a "remake" of It's a Wonderful Life; the old b&w Christmas version with (I believe) Donna Reed & Jimmy Stuart.....with a little Polar Express thrown in for good animation. (or maybe it was just me that saw that train as a reference)

I would highly recommmend this one; a really great lesson.
on November 17, 2010
This is a great cartoon. I love veggie tales, but this is a new favorite.
Struggling with why you are where you are, struggling with why your dreams haven't come true? This cartoon is about a character, Stewart, who didn't see his biggest dream of being a football hero come true, and discovers on a mysterious train ride the reasons God had for him not fulfilling that dream. Perhaps there are lives who wouldn't be touched if your dreams came true, but perhaps your dreams will be fulfilled in a different manner than you could imagine, who knows, but God. This is a great cartoon for everyone, young and old, but especially those who are struggling to find a meaningful life for Christ.
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2010
In true VeggieTales style, It's a Meaningful Life takes a familiar, classic Christmas movie and turns it into a fun, whimsical tale for kids. This tale of being content with your current life and trusting God is one that all kids will need to know. They need to know that they are truly important to God just the way they are. Their life is meaningful especially when they are living for God. A servant's heart is a beautiful thing, and fame and fortune aren't always what they are cracked up to be.

Our whole family enjoyed this latest VeggieTales episode. Goodnight Junior was hilarious as it was all too familiar. Meant to Be is a beautiful song of hope written by Steven Curtis Chapman. Viewers will want to make sure they watch the video as well as the behind the song interview with Steven Curtis Chapman.

VeggieTales It's a Meaningful Life is sure to delight viewers young and old.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this dvd to help facilitate the writing of this honest review. All opinions are my own.
on October 21, 2010
I have been watching Veggie Tales DVD's longer then I have been a mom. I have yet to find a DVD that I have not enjoyed. The latest animations have been superb and rival larger name companies. The story lines have morals and lessons to learn. You don't have to worry about the wrong language or bad story lines. They are wonderfully family-friendly.

The latest DVD we received has been It's a Meaningful Life. Which takes the same similar story from the Classic "It's a wonderful life". You meet an unhappy Stewart (played by Larry the Cucumber) who is certain his life would be much better if he had not been injured when he was a teenage cucumber. While his life on the outside appears amazing...he is unhappy and thinks he missed out on so much!

The part I love most about Veggie Tales is that while they are without a doubt, childrens videos, they have adult humor and are entertaining for the adult viewer as well. It's a Meaningful Life will be a DVD that will become a treasure in our family collection.
on June 14, 2011
We LOVE Veggie Tales, own all of them, and are thrilled that our kids enjoy them. That being said, "It's a Meaningful Life" was cute, but it just didn't have the same spark and Biblical connection that we enjoy from other Veggie Tales DVDs. The last few have strayed away from the Bible stories and--while they still teach important lessons--we miss that. I guess it appeals to those who wouldn't consider a Bible-based show, so it has its merits. Larry and Petunia seem to be the main characters in so many of them lately, but maybe I'm reading too much into it? The Silly Songs are as clever as they've always been, just amazing. I actually like the newer songs more than the old school ones as they've been hilariously referencing pop culture. I think this is worth adding to your collection if you're a VT fan, but our kids never ask for this one; "Little Joe" is our favorite and worth adding to your collection. The "3-packs" are a wonderful deal, too, and an easy way to build your collection with some awesome Veggie Tales classics. :)
on February 23, 2014
Considering all the material that's out there - this resource turned out to be a mess - didn't really hold true to the original story line - which I can kinda - sorta understand from a copy right perspective - but - the story line seems so tangled up in so many different threads - doesn't even portray a bible perspective story line - like I said - really really really disappointed with this re-do - really had way higher expectations ....
on October 15, 2010
This movie was wonderful, REALLY drives home a great lesson to adults and kids alike. Very entertaining, to boot!
I'd buy this for every family with kids of all ages if I could.
on November 13, 2013
Veggie Tales is a great Faith-centric option for kids. With cartoons like Adventure Time and Spongebob that simply seem to degrade and "stupify" children, it's nice to have some wholesome options that you can trust without any subversive crap. Faith aside, these shows are actually really great and I confess to watching them with my 2yr old daughter without too much grumbling...
on January 17, 2014
I bought this for my VeggieTales loving son for his birthday in November. Not only did he love it, but his younger brother and even I loved it. I grew up with VeggieTales, so I am so glad that my children are able to grow up with it too. Loved this movie!