Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

I chose to buy this video because I can't wait to take my girls to see the movie, "Jonah - a VeggieTales Movie," which opens in theaters on October 4th, 2002!! I wanted to catch a glimpse of what was to come, for myself, but more importantly, for my two daughters, whom I have never taken into a movie theater. (I think Disney movies are too scary and sad, but anywhooo...) I also thought it would be great to know some of the new Veggie songs *before* seeing the movie, to help my girls feel more comfortable with the newness of the whole theater experience.
As for the new songs, I have to say the ones chosen for this video are *AWESOME*! My kids crack up over the "Billy Jo McGuffrey" tune! During the song, the video footage shows some real-life kids, acting out the silly words on a school stage. It's really cute, and very funny! I have recently ordered the cd, so we can sing this in the car! The "Belly of a Whale" song is by far, my favorite, maybe because the footage is similar to a music video, in that the "real" group is seen performing, in between scenes from the movie. A re-mix of the older, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" is positively hilarious! The Veggie pirates are seen on the deck of a pirate ship, just hanging around in their rock-a-loungers. I just about choked on my diet Coke watching that for the first time...so a warning to you diet Coke drinkers! :)
The only drawback I can think of, to be fair, is that the video is too short for my liking. I WANT too much of a GOOD thing!! :) Anyway, we have watched it several times in a row, just to get our fill of the Veggies (and it never gets boring.) Overall, this video is an *AWESOME* 30 minute preview of what's to come in the "Jonah" movie! If you are a Veggie fan...you really ought to get this one!! And if you are new to the Veggies, this is a great intro to their music, which you probably should become familiar with, anyway...as the Veggies are *coming*!!! (to the big screen, that is-) :)
on November 23, 2003
This video is just what it says it is. It's a Sing-Along. It has the songs from the Jonah movie. My kids think its great and love singing along. If you are looking for a storyline, don't buy a sing-along. This is an entertaining video for children. My 5 and 7 year olds still really enjoy it.
on December 24, 2008
As always, Veggie Tales are a refreshing, clean video with morals for kids to mimic and imitate through life.
on April 6, 2015
Gotta love those Veggie Tales!
on November 16, 2015
My son is glad he has a VeggieTales release that is not on DVD!
on August 25, 2002
I guess this veggie tale video is ok. i think the movie will be better. some of the songs are on other shows. but it's good in parts. we didn't really like it as much as our other videos.
on August 20, 2002
This is a great, great video. The songs are silly and are not just for kids. Grown ups will love them too. I recommend this video to all.
on September 2, 2002
I guess I was expecting all Veggie action....What we got was a combination of other stuff.(Maybe that's what the "and more" means on the title. Overall it was good though. The Veggie portion was great as always. The comedy between Bob and Larry is the funniest. I must admit though, I never heard of Twippo until I watched the video. My 3 yr old loved it! She is now saying,"Mommy, I want to watch my new Veggie." We cannot wait until we get to see the movie.
on November 1, 2002
I was so utterly disappointed with this video. I was expecting a Veggie Tales cartoon, and what I got was a Christian rock video for children. Half of the tape is not even Veggie Tales. I feel like they have compromised their values and standards in order to appeal better to the box office audience. What a shame...it would have been nice to KNOW you are getting the wholesome product they began with. I hope its not a sign of things to come.
on March 1, 2003
After watching this short video, I find it obvious VeggieTales put this out merely as a filler for people to buy until their actual Jonah movie (VeggieTales first full movie ever, in fact) came out in theaters. While this tape has some good songs on it, most noteably the Newsboy's "Belly of a Whale" which features the Newsboys in concert and is fun for older kids to watch, the storyline is nonexistant, the morals cheap, and the entertainment value nil. Having never found VeggieTales' message that great to begin with (I strongly dislike the way they cheapen and distort Biblical stories), I'd put this one at the bottom of the heap.
In all fairness, I must say my 5- and 7-year-old little "brothers" seemed to find it interesting enough, at least the first couple times. There are some funny jokes -- funny at least if you've watched all the videos in the series up until now, and there's some terrific behind the scenes glimpses of the actors taping their voices for use with the animated characters. Absolutely hilarious.
Still, after a couple of watchings this is a shelver. Better to just wait for the movie (which is out now!).