Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on February 6, 1999
This was our first VeggieTale video and when I heard it was a Christian video I thought it would be too preachy for kids. However I loved it and my three kids watch it all year long. It is a tale of how Buzzsaw Louie (with a working buzzsaw in his left hand) teaches the people of Dinkle town that the true meaning of Christmas is not more toys. Mr Nezzer is great as a greedy toy maker Silly Songs with Larry is the best one I've seen yet. This video inspired us to get more Veggie Tales
on September 10, 1999
We own almost all the Veggie Tales videos, but this one is my son's favorite. Each day he asks for "Christmas" and sometimes watches it two times a day. He likes it because there is a lot more background music than the other Veggies. He is full of smiles and giggles throughout the entire video.
on December 14, 1999
Mr. Nezzer (not the same Mr. Nezzer that owns the Chocolate factory, this is his brother who owns a toy factory) tries to convince all the children that Christmas is all about getting more stuff. He's pretty convincing. "Billy has more toys than I do!" whines Lenny Carrot. But that's not what Christmas is all about.
One of the toys in Mr. Nezzer's toy factory, Buzz-Saw Louie, decides that he's going to find the real meaning of Christmas. He leaves the factory to go find someone who knows. He finds Bob, Larry and Junior Asparagus and they all go to see George. (Remember the guard at the gate of the chocolate factory?)
George explains to them that the true meaning of Christmas is Jesus Birth. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16) That's what Christmas is all about.
Buzz-Saw Louie and the rest of the gang have to find a way to tell the rest of the world...but you'll have to buy the video to find out how. ;-)
on August 23, 1999
Compared to other Veggie Tale videos, this one was disappointing. The true meaning of Christmas was not strong enough nor pure enough at all. Christmas is so commercialized by everyone; why does this have to add to it? And the usual VT trademarks such as the theme song and reviewing the lesson are missing, and they leave big holes in the overall quality. There are so many possibilities with a Christmas video...but I saw a lack of creativity here. HOWEVER, this is a good start to telling little ones about Christmas and what it really means. My daughter LOVES it, and watches it over and over, even now in JULY! We have watched and own a number of VT videos. And as a family, we love them all. Overall, Veggie Tales has done a fantastic job in bringing God's Word to the every day lives of little ones!
on September 16, 2002
I bought this (on video) for my kids 3 years ago, and it remains a family favorite. It's a sweet story with a timely Christmas message that's not too preachy or heavy for little kids. My kids enjoy all the VeggieTales stories - the light-hearted, positive themes are great for reinforcing the values I want them to learn, and the silliness is the icing on the cake. I recommend this highly, though you may have to hide it after Christmas, or they'll watch it all year!
on January 10, 2001
God willing I ever get kids, this will be the perfect video to minister the TRUE meaning of ChrIstmas to them. I understand that a lot of parents have trouble talking to their kids about Jesus and Christianity and the whole bit. If you're looking for help, buy the Veggietale videos. It'll make it a lot easier for you to explain and for your child to understand.
Christmas is coming, but the residents of Dinkletown aren't happy. They children are greedy, demanding more toys then all their friends. Mr. Nezzer isn't helping. He's designed a toy, Buzz-Saw Louie, which will help feed the greed and make him rich. But one of the Louies is convinced there's more to Christmas. He's joined by Larry, Bob, and Junior in his search for the truth. But, even if they find it, can they get the word out to others?
I was a little surprised last night while re-watching to discover just how much I love this Veggie Tales story. Sure, the animation could be better by today's standards. When you remember that this was released in 1996 on a small budget, it puts things in perspective. The story itself has the right combination of fun and surprises to be entertaining. And anything with "Oh, Santa," one of my favorite silly songs, can't be all bad.
Big Idea continues to do their DVD releases right. Mike and Phil do another interesting and entertaining commentary. There's also a behind the scenes feature that includes interviews from some of the other 10 staff members who worked on this. Just don't watch these two back to back as there are several stories that are repeated. I was also thrilled to get the extra animation they did for the showing on PAX. Unfortunately, this feature doesn't have chapter breaks, but I'm definitely glad to have the option of which way I want to watch this story each year.
I've been watching this video every Christmas for several years now. It's won me over and I intend to enjoy it for years to come. Get it today and share the true meaning of Christmas with your family.
on July 26, 1999
this video really tells you about the meaning of Christmas, and what it is all about. It tells kids that it's not all presents and fun. But very religious. And that God is better that any present.
on January 12, 2001
I found this movie very appropriate for the Christmas season. It speaks directly to the commercialization that has overtaken the religious meaning of the holiday and how to see the true meaning of Christmas.
on April 20, 1999
I watched "The Toy That Saved Christmas", my first Veggie Tales video, with my two nieces during the holidays. I loved every minute! I don't have any kids of my own yet (my wife and I have one on the way), but I'm determined to have a collection of Veggie Tales stories ready for the kid(s) to watch over and over. Hilarious, yet the producers have a way of getting the Christian principles and biblical stories across effectively. Keep 'em coming!