5.0 out of 5 stars It's like having several apps in one!
Published 12 months ago by Abbi

3.0 out of 5 stars silly songs not working
The app is really cute, but the silly songs do not work. Everything else is fun though and still worth the download.
Published 12 months ago by birdie putt

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like having several apps in one!, December 13, 2013
Abbi (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
This is a great app! I am a huge Veggie Tales fan and my niece is too so when I was given the chance to review it I was really excited! This app is like having several apps in one and it can keep children of all ages entertained for quite awhile! I had my three-year-old niece play with it so I could get a better idea of how well little kids could play it and she loved it! Her favorite was Larry's Locomotive, but she also enjoyed That's a Wrap, All Spruced Up, Season's Greetings, and the Food Coloring. Sweet Tooth was a little hard for her but I think older kids will like it and Elf Village just didn't hold her attention though it was still a fun feature! The only complaints I have against the app is that the silly song would not play at all and I think the coloring should be a little easier since as it is you have to go over the same area several times to get any real color. But I'm sure the video thing is just a glitch that will be fixed and the coloring game is still fun. So all in all this is a fabulous app that I highly recommend!

I received this app free in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

3.0 out of 5 stars silly songs not working, December 15, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars App Frustrates Preschoolers, December 15, 2013
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
My child really loves Veggie Tales. I thought this app would be really fun for her, but it frustrates her within a few minutes because all of the games are difficult. I think the app would entertain older children. Not recommended for preschoolers.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Cool Cucumber of a Holiday Activity Set, December 12, 2014
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
Unreserved, heartfelt recommendation. Truth be told, even I am quite the fan of Veggie Tales as a franchise, yet we know how sometimes franchises can take a poor turn when put into other media... especially games. However, this is extraordinarily well done. Plenty of activity value, and the video portion of Larry's Silly Song has been fixed (I've actually downloaded the game on three different tablets, and it played on all three).

Permission and Code concern free, as befits Veggie Tales, installed at a total of 64.55mbs, and with those with partitioned internal memory, it's device presence is a very tiny 544kbs with the rest going to the internal USB storage. Runs OFFLINE and the back-key did exit cleanly for me. And true to their word, every outside link (if ONLINE) does require a year of birth verification.

All in all, an outstanding Veggie Tales Holiday activity that made my heart quite joyful, and I hope it does the same for you and your children. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars What's good on salads, is green and likes Christmas? Larry the Cucumber!, December 12, 2014
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
Larry is in charge of running the shopping mall as he is the head elf! He needs your help to operate things with him. He is in charge of the operating some of the stores and mall booths. He is responsible and he will put you in charge of operating one of the stores. You get to fix the train tracks and there are multiple levels in that game. Decorate the tree in a match 3 game, match gifts in the wrapped presents or color.

What I like about this app is that there are multiple games in it to keep your child interested. You get to clean up the candy shop, play the Elf Village game, sing silly songs (cute video) or make Christmas cards. Each level has multiple levels within it.

The app does work with the Airplane Mode turned on and there is no WIFI. That means you can play the game in the car, just turn down the volume. This is a cute game and I gave it 5 stars.

The second time I opened up the app there was a More Apps button which takes you to the App store after you enter the year you were born. There is also a For Parents button and you have to also enter the year you were born. Unfortunately after I did that and exited the app and I went back and touched the More Apps button it took me directly to the web. The button was no longer locked! With the WIFI turned off the buttons just don't work which is perfect.

Permissions:
* Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
* Disable your screen lock
* Full network access
* Prevent tablet from sleeping

The app contains no adware, malware or Analytics and it is safe to download.

The app installed 62.34MB into my device memory and I manually moved it to the SD card. The app left 18.68MB in my device memory and moved 64.12MB to the SD card memory.

3.0 out of 5 stars great app but, December 15, 2013
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
It's a great all! Love the games! But can't open Larry's songs :( it would get 5 stars if I could though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday app!!!, December 8, 2013
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
This is a great holiday app for the kids with several fun games to keep them amused & it's SO cute!!!
It's well worth 2.99 but I paid only 99˘. Love it & my grandkids will too!!

UPDATE: I have this downloaded on my kindle & my samsung galaxy & I can't open the Silly Songs on either divice ... changing from 5* to 3* as this is what we wanted most :(

LAST UPDATE: Silly songs is up & running ... & my grandkids love the app ... :)
5*s.

4.0 out of 5 stars it is a fun fun christmas, December 25, 2013
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
I like this game very much , it is great for anyone to play . recommending it to an age group of about 6 to 9 years , a good game for those who just want a GAME and a bit of a challenge with no guns , blood or hatred involved .

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice app for age 4 and up., December 8, 2013
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
I've been looking for Veggie Tales apps for KINDLE FIRE and was happy to find this. I really l liked that this is interactive experience for kids. I would not recommend this for the younger child unless you plan to play along with them which of course I would highly encourage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas fun and games with Larry the Cucumber, December 13, 2014
This review is from: VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas (App)
If you're familiar with the animated TV series "VeggieTales," you already know who Larry the Cucumber is. He's one of various vegetables and fruits who live together in the same kitchen. In the app, Larry is working as head elf at the Spring Valley Mall during the Christmas season. Things are so busy that Larry needs your help. The app has eight activity areas designed for younger kids. Several of these are simple games, such as "Larry's Locomotive," where kids connect railroad tracks to get the choo-choos back on track. "All Spruced Up" is a match-3 game to put ornaments on the Christmas tree. "Sweet Tooth" is my favorite - it's similar to the old classic "Snood." In "Season's Greetings," kids can make their own Christmas postcards and email them to friends as JPG attachments. In "Food Coloring," you use a palette of colors to color black and white drawings. And in "Holiday Silly Songs," Larry does a song and dance number, "I Wrap Myself Up For Christmas," in the style that he does in the TV series.

The app is very well done and should keep youngsters occupied and having fun for at least a couple of hours.

I ran the app on a Kindle Fire HDX 7" tablet.

VeggieTales: It's a Very Merry Larry Christmas