5.0 out of 5 stars Dash cam
Published 13 months ago by Brandon

3.0 out of 5 stars +
Customer Video Review     Length:: --:-- Mins
[...]

Sound is not the best quality, device make noise by itself, you can hear it when video is recorded in quiet room. Car radio on video was on pretty loud.
8 gb = 2h+
Published 13 months ago by Michal K.

3.0 out of 5 stars +, February 24, 2013
This review is from: New 2.5" HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270° whirl 6 LED Recorder Camera (Electronics)
Length:: 1:00 Mins

[...]

8 gb = 2h+

5.0 out of 5 stars Dash cam, February 28, 2013
I bought one of these to use as a storm footage camera. I am a professional storm chaser for the National Weather Service. I have one of these on my windshield to capture tornado and storm footage. Works extremely well. Not the clearest picture quality but for 28 bucks I am not complaining. The quality of the picture is comparable to most cellular phones. Not too shabby. It works well for exactly what it was intended for so if your looking for a good bang for the buck then this little guy is for you. I don't think you will be disappointed. Only draw back is you have to by an SD-card. It DOES NOT come with the card and without the card this device will not work.

5.0 out of 5 stars get it, January 29, 2013
I think that a car camera is some thing ever car should have. the video has good qualitly and the sound it alright but only good for the cab of the vehicle, but did not expect anything superstar. all in all its a great camrea to have for that just in case. you should get a 32GB card so you can have about 10 hours of video. im not really for sure but i do think that it dose delete the old files and make new ones if its runs out of space but not really sure. have not really run it to that problem just yet. ill update it I find out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be a good product... if it worked, May 8, 2013
Okay, so I have been using this camera for 3 weeks. In the beginning, everything worked fine. You set up the resolution (please, note that this is not an HD camera! It only has a software upscaling fature -- this is useless, as clips only take up more space and quality is not very good). In contrast with some other users, night mode turns on automatically and works fine on my unit.

Now, let me tell you more about quality of this product. It's s***. After the first week, camera mount started getting lose and I would have to tighten it up every morning before I drove to work, as camera would be pointing in a direction where you could not see what is happening in front of your car. Very annoying, but I thought to hell with it, 30 seconds a day are not going to kill me. Then one of the plastic parts you use to turn the actual screws broke off, making it harder to tighten the mount up. Very annoying.

A few days ago, right about the time it started getting warm out (70-80 degrees) I was trying to adjust the mount to be able to see things happening in front of me (as now I do every morning), when I noticed that the picture looks blurry on the camera's screen. I tried to clean the lens, but it didn't help. So I took the SD card inside and plugged it into my laptop. Going back a few days, all the videos were okay, while the most recent ones were very blurry and there was no way you could read someone's license plate off those videos. Seems like the lens got somehow out of focus?

Yesterday, I decided to ask for a replacement -- company replied next day with a RMA number and shipping address. BUT. ***They do not pay for the return shipping.*** On top of that, they want me to send it with a service that will provide them with a tracking number:

This a part of their email:

"You can choose USPS service, which is relatively cheaper shipping way.
Once you ship it out, please send us the delivery confirmation number so that we can locate the return online.
Then we can arrange to ship a new replacement for you as earlier as possible.
For any doubt, please feel free to contact us.
We will take every action possible to keep you happy and satisfied."

Okay, now this pisses me off. This company (ATC E-Commerce Ltd) sells a cheap Chinese product of rather questionable quality. Just read through amazon reviews - they must be aware of this fact.The reason I bought this camera was that it cost less than 30 dollars. I wanted something cheap. Now I'm going to pay for return shipping of this DEFECTIVE unit, but what if the next one I get does not properly function either? That's 8 dollars a pop to ship it back, almost a third of the price of the camera!!

MY ADVICE? Spent a few extra bucks and buy something that will actually work, preferably from a manufacturer that practices at least some kind of quality control. Oh, and avoid ATC E-Commerce Ltd.

NOTE: If I am satisfied with the replacement unit for longer than a week and new unit arrives quickly, I will update the rating.

2.0 out of 5 stars Couple problems with this camera, March 15, 2013
First, the camera records well, when the SD card is used up,,, it is extremely hard
to format! You push button, shut off, unplug (everything) and still doesn't want to
do anything. Serious flaw!!!
Second, the infrared don't work even a little. I bought four camera's (all at the same
time for each vehicle), AND NONE OF THE CAMERAS INFRARED WORK!!!
Don't waste your money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Super Disappointing, July 10, 2013
gary osborne (SPRING, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
For the cheap price, I wasn't expecting much at all and yet this camera failed to even meet my very low expectations. The directions are worthless. There are no pictures to identify the various buttons. Most are labeled but one is not and so I have no idea "for sure" that I was operating it correctly although I worked diligently enough at it I have to believe I tried the correct combination at least once. I had to use duct tape to keep the memory card in and cover closed. I never could get it to work. I did manage to get a picture when I plugged it into the car but it would not run off the battery even though the icon showed the battery fully charged. I was never able to actually record anything. In my opinion, this is a piece of junk and will be going back. Maybe mine was just "bad" but I due to the directions (or lack thereof) I won't even give it the benefit of the doubt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome, April 18, 2013
Had a cheaper camera that only accepted 2GB SD cards and after recording would have to run that video through software to enhance, de-interlace, and so on. That had no audio.

This camera though had audio which is awesome and the video can be taken straight from the card and posted without running through software to enhance if you don't want to.

First contact with it was weird in that it the default language was Russian but reading through the small instruction sheet was able to change to English and run with it.

Power cord is long enough to run from the plug-in, under the driver-side dash, up under the trim, across the top and to the unit so you don't have that 'hanging' from the mirror. Dead give away something is attached to the window (which is technically illegal in Minnesota).

Would recommend as a 'gotta have something' to record. Am currently trying out the different 'types' of video quality and should report back on that.

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage, June 27, 2013
I charged the camera per user manual and it wont even turn on. Dont buy this garbage spend a little extra money unless you want a worthless piece of junk

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Мuddy blurry picture quality, fragile, vague lens, angle max 90, May 23, 2013
Length:: 1:00 Mins

Do not spend your money on it:

Мuddy blurry picture. You will not be able to see even color on the video. (see video attached) The part of holder brakes when I put it on the windshield, the lens is terrible (image is not sharp) and have 3 level of magnification which is useless, the angle is maximum 90, not 180 as described, the picture is very poor, definitely not HD by the quality (maybe only by the file size :)

3.0 out of 5 stars got what i payed for, February 14, 2013
It says its HD but it's not, but still a fun toy. I would do it again, not to bad

ARRAY(0x8f3ea66c)