5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, Amazing, Powerful
Published 17 months ago by Johnson Tan

3.0 out of 5 stars Veho VCC-005-MUVI-NPNG MUVI HD
Published 9 months ago by U. R.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, Amazing, Powerful, March 30, 2013
This review is from: Veho VCC-005-MUVI-NPNG MUVI HD Mini Handsfree ActionCam with Waterproof Case and 8 GB Memory - No Proof No Glory Edition (Electronics)
The Muvi truly is an amazing little camcorder with the capability of recording in 1080P for over three hours with the recommended 32 GB SanDisk MicroSDHC Class 10 Memory Card that Amazon recommends as part of the bundle. It comes with a plethora of mounts (no suction mount, though). The ones I use the most are the dashboard mount and the headband mount. I've done plenty of video comparisons on youtube between the GoPro and the Muvi and I have to admit that the GoPro Hero2 does seem to have better video quality (and the Hero3 definitely blows the Muvi out of the water), but for the price, I do not regret my decision to buy a Muvi. Also, the GoPro camcorder series seems to have its own set of problems from bricking to diminished battery life to just general frustrations due to functionality (or lack thereof, according to reviews on Amazon), which is really what helped me finalize my decision to buy the Muvi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Police Body Cam, March 19, 2014
I bought this to use at work in addition to my in car camera. I have used it for traffic stops, field interviews, and training exercises. So far I am happy with the results. I have only used it on day shift, resulting in vary good video quality. I do notice in dark rooms the quality is grainy. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does on night shift. Several officers in my department are considering purchasing this camera. If you are a cop and would like to get your own body cam. You can't beat this camera at this price. Taser, and other companies sell cameras designed for our profession, but you can buy several of these MUVI cameras for the price of one of the competitors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, September 8, 2013
Length:: 0:43 Mins

I had researched this for a while before making the $200 purchase. I was thrilled when I received in the mail(2 days to get here!) and even more thrilled when I saw how good the videos were. I recently went on a camping trip and took videos of swimming, biking, and water sliding... The only problem I found was when you quickly point the camera in the suns direction some small black lines appear on the screen. It takes fantastic pictures as long as there is good lighting, night shots are a little grainy and take longer to capture. There is no zoom for videos, but you can zoom in after you take a picture and looks spectacularly clear, unlike some cameras. Audio- sounds great but not extremely loud... I can hear fairly well on videos with the waterproof case if that tells you anything... Whatever you do, don't be sucked in to buying a GoPro when you can great quality at a better price. Amazon video also makes videos lower quality than just viewing them on a computer. Overall, I am very pleased with this camera and will be taking this on as many outdoor adventures as I can!

5.0 out of 5 stars Veho Action Camcorder - Full HD, December 13, 2012
I was looking for an action cam to take snowboarding and compared this with GoPro and found it was MUCH better value with the same 1080p full Hi-Def and 170 degree Field of View. The Veho unit has an integrated color screen but has a smaller form factor than the GoPro where the LCD screen add-on (with additional cost) is too bulky. Plus it came bundled with a waterproof case and mount for my board as well as a whole bunch of attachment options/straps etc. Also ships with a wireless remote control with function buttons big enough for me to use with my gloves on. Great value and quality feel to the unit with outstanding camcorder unctions and options to video at different defs etc. Looks cool as well :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Surprise, March 10, 2013
I bought this MUVI after reading of problems with the GoPro Black...I had previously bought a GoPro 2 and was impressed with the quality of the video. After giving the GoPro 2 to my son, I decided to look to see what other cameras were on the market and came across the MUVI. I bought the MUVI with the "No Proof, No Glory package"...water-proof case, assorted mounts, and more importantly, the remote. The remote allows you to take stills or turn on and off the video from a distance.Very cool! Long story short, it's great. Lastly, the camera has a small screen to either target your subject or review your videos/pix AND it was less expensive than the GoPro!

3.0 out of 5 stars Veho VCC-005-MUVI-NPNG MUVI HD, December 14, 2013
Nice product for the money. BUT the battery is not removable so when you run out of juice you need to wait for the camera to charge which does take a few hours. If you are looking to shoot all day action - forget it! If the battery was removable you could quick swap with spare batteries and continue. Also If shoot in low light conditions with the camera you will get grainy videos on the replay. If the battery problem and the low light video shoots are no problem for you then this is a good camera for the money. Do the research and check multiple websites for the product reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty amazed by this camera, December 13, 2012
I picked this action camera up after my Go Pro failed on me and have not been dissapointed. The picture quality is excellent especially at the full 16 mbits (you can choose) and the best thing over the Go Pro is it has a built in screen so you are able to view back your footage there and then. I mount either with or without the waterproof case depending on what I am doing and the weather conditions. Also comes with 8Gb memory and a remote control. I have been more than happy with this camera and have since picked up the harness mount and the Duopod mono/tripod.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE! Customer support and warranty problems!, January 16, 2014
My unit stopped working, I bought it 3 months ago and never even took it outside. I emailed customer support, no answer. There's just non-committal, "we'll aim to reply to further technical support enquiries within 24 hours". Well, it's been more than that and I'm still waiting. There are no phone numbers to call. Not even a troubleshooting guide (just a short list of FAQ). I can't even return it back to Amazon, and though I believe it comes with 1-year limited warranty, if you go to their website, there is no information on warranty or service.

Oh and the manual? It's a Getting Started Guide--a guide that doesn't even explain everything, and there's nothing on their website that goes into further detail.

This has to be one of the worse consumer electronic companies I have ever purchased a product from.

For a little more, do you know what's an even better HD camcorder? the new Apple iPod Touch. I'll never buy another Veho product again.

**** UPDATE 1/23/2014: ****

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE after 3 submitted support emails spanning 9 days so far. I am convinced that THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY. BUYER BEWARE! Go visit their web site before you buy and see for yourself--there is no warranty support!!! This is not an inexpensive product--buy at your own risk!

**** UPDATE 2/7/2014: ****

Heard back from the company finally. First, they asked me to contact the reseller regarding warranty and returns. And then, when I said it was Amazon, they gave me an RMA to return the device to the United Kingdom, at MY COST! I checked with USPS and the estimated cost is almost $40 to ship to the UK. I've decided that I am not going to throw good money after bad. Now you know what Veho's tech support, warranty and RMA process is like!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great outdoors!, December 30, 2013
Used the camera as a police officer on patrol. Amazing quality in rain and at night. Works great documenting traffic stops, interviews, evidence, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera; my second and much cheaper than the GoPro., December 11, 2013
Second Muvi I own (I also own a Gumball 3000). Works as advertize but this one has time lapse as well. I used this feature to take a short time lapse video of a dinner in Kauai.
Great quality and the underwater housing is great. Remember to clean it with clear water after using it in the sea, to remove any small particles that allow sea (salty) water under pressure to enter the camera area (it happened to me).

Rate and Discover Movies