5.0 out of 5 stars Full 1080p High Definition Video Camcorder
Pretty little camcorder which I use with 32gb card to get hours of footage. Nice battery life and great color touchscreen. Fab video in full HD and I really like the slow motion feature. Got this as a gift and lovin it.
Published on March 19, 2012 by Utah Boy

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes some nice pix and videos, but there are caveats.
I purchased this camcorder a couple weeks ago. The video recordings are crystal clear. They are occasionally a bit jumpy, but this might be a buffer problem which I can resolved if I upgrade the SDHC card to a faster card speed. The photographs it takes are generally acceptable.

My problem is being unable to find a spare battery so that I always have a...
Published on July 19, 2012 by Mr. Z.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full 1080p High Definition Video Camcorder, March 19, 2012
This review is from: Veho VCC-008 Kuzo Full 1080p High Definition Slimline Camcorder with 3inch Touch Screen (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, March 14, 2012
I was given this Kuzo camcorder as a Christmas gift and have been really pleased with it. Probably the thing I like most is that it has a really nice size and feel. I hate carrying around extra bags and weight and this easily fits in my pocket ready for action. The HD quality is great and the time lapse filming is really fun. I bought an 8GB SD card and I get a 2hrs of Full HD footage on that. Really fun little camcorder with loads of extra options I haven't had the chance to try yet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes some nice pix and videos, but there are caveats., July 19, 2012

My problem is being unable to find a spare battery so that I always have a charged spare.
After scouring the net, I finally contacted their tech support, with hopes of finding this information.

The following was their response to me:

"Unfortunately, we do not stock or sell spare batteries for your camera. We recommend that you use a USB mains adapter to charge the device. I hope this helps."

(...umm, no, that really doesn't help!)

So, essentially they are telling me that if my battery breaks or gets lost, my camera is worthless.

I am now trying to decide if keeping this camera is worth the risk, as their heart really doesn't seem to be into supporting the product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Issues with recording video, August 18, 2012
Got this for a trip abroad recently and paired it with a 64 gb SD card. It worked fine at home: it was able to record and playback video. We took it on our trip and recorded in total about 8 hours of video. Came back home and tried to watch the videos on the TV and the computer. Only some of the files played, over two-thirds of the videos would not play on the camera, on the computer, nor on the TV. I tried different video codecs and media players that could play incomplete AVI files, but still it would not play. Veho's website also makes it difficult to find a customer service contact. Would not recommend this product to others

3.0 out of 5 stars Look Elsewhere, February 25, 2013
So, for $99 I was not expecting a pocket camera that George Lucas would envy, nor true 1080HD footage. I was looking for one that would at least function without issues and record cleanly, but unfortunately, it leaves much to be desired. On the outside, this is a very attractive looking cam. It's sleek, sexy and has decent weight to it. It's made with plastic like all cams of this price, but it also has a rubbery coating which gives it an excellent feel. However, this rubberized black coating also shows dirt and scratches very easily. Weight is evenly balanced making it feel like an extension of your own arm, which is nice. I found myself picking it up just to hold it because it felt so nice.

The controls are laid out rather well, and the buttons are extremely sensitive requiring only minimal pressure to activate...something I really liked. Other cams have buttons that require more force resulting in clicking sounds in your footage...this cam does not suffer from that. The only problem I did have was with the macro switch, which is located right above the lens. It has an extremely small lever which you need to click to one side, and it's very stiff. They designed it to be operated with your index finger while holding the cam, but it's so stiff that you have to use your fingernail instead, which makes it somewhat awkward. It's not really a big deal though considering most who purchase these things are not even going to use the macro anyhow. The cam has a nice flip out resistive touch screen, which is bright and clear, and swivels around so that you can take self portrait images if desired. The touch screen is responsive and only requires minimal pressure to navigate the menu system. Others have complained that the menu system has icons with no labels, making it confusing what they all do, but one touch of your finger will tell you, so complaining about that is ridiculous IMHO.

Now, aside from it's good looks and excellent feel, functionality really suffers. The cam has a small led light up front under the lens, like most do. However, the placement is directly where you want your index finger while holding it, which was not the best place to put it. Not only that, but the led is not white, it's yellow. It looks like normal white light at first glance, but after trying it in the dark, it had a distinctive yellow hue to it, making my white walls look dingy and dirty. I know these lights don't really contribute that much to low lighting anyway, but it should at least be white. They might as well have put a normal incandescent bulb it it...oops, did we miss something here?

My main disappointment came when I reviewed my footage, which at first sight looked impressive for a 5MP sensor. After looking closer, I noticed that when the cam was held very still it was crisp and clear, but anytime I moved, I noticed it had trouble processing the images, resulting in a blurry line that traveled from the bottom of the screen to the top very quickly. This almost looked like a refresh line you would see on a computer monitor. I tried every shooting mode the camera had, switched to a faster memory card and even tried different media players, but this was an issue no matter what I tried. I have other small pocket cams, including those made by DXG, and they all suffer from this problem, but the Veho is worse...a real bummer. The footage is also very jumpy in 1080 mode, and I found myself shooting in 720 to eliminate it...even with the image stabilization activated. Speaking of 1080 and 720 modes, despite what some other reviews have stated, this cam IS NOT true 1080HD...it is interpolated by on board hardware. Basically, it means taking the picture and stuffing in guessed bits to make it larger. This is basically taking footage recorded in 640 and blowing it up to 1080. One look at the description and specifications here on Amazon will tell you the story. How is it possible to have 16MP resolution when Veho states they use a 5MP sensor? Sorry folks, but you are not going to get true 1080HD performance from a 5MP sensor...it's just not possible, and reviewers who think they can, have obviously never used a true 1080HD camcorder. So, don't let all the "True HD Footage" reviews on this product blind you from the truth. Think about it...are you going to get $150,000 Ferrari performance out of a Ford Focus?

This cam also has a very slow reaction time to adjust light levels...sometimes taking up to 5 seconds, making some shots start out bright only to have them dim down later. Sometimes just moving the cam a hair out of frame results in light dimming, which is very frustrating. You will also experience grainy images when using this indoors, unless you are under very bright lighting. If you are shooting around your living room and only using a 60 watt blulb in your table top lamp, then forget it. The zoom on this cam was very smooth and easy to use, unfortunately, it resulted in very grainy footage after half scale. This is to be expected though for a cam with a fixed focus lens and no optical zoom. Sound was a little muffled, but worked adequately.

Still pictures were also cumbersome being very blurry and undefined, and I found it inconvenient that the cam had to be idle to take a picture. It would have been nice to be able to take a digital still while recording, but I guess that's too expensive of a feature for a $99 cam. Also, after pushing the picture button, the camera takes 5 seconds to actually take the picture. This involves some guesswork because the screen freezes to show the shot you're taking, but the actual picture is taken 5 seconds later, forcing you to be completely still to avoid a ruined picture...how stupid. Even with the use of a tripod, pictures came out blurry and washed out. If you are thinking of using this for picture taking, think again!

The menu system is pretty straight forward, and for me was easy to use. The cam has an impressive boot time of about 2 seconds, which was surprising. In fact, it's so quick that the splash screen which shows the manufactures logo, can't even be read completely before the system boots. I went from opening the screen to actually recording in 4 seconds...pretty good IMO. Battery run time was also impressive at just over 2 hours, and a little research online will provide you will options on buying a replacement if needed, despite what some other reviews have stated. It comes with a nice neoprene holster for hip carry, which I though was very nice for storage as well. Nice attractive box with software and instructions. The cam does not come with an HDMI cable, which I found a little insulting. Come on now, I just bought a (supposed) HD cam and didn't even get an HDMI cable..I get RCA cables instead? This is like buying a pair of eye glasses with no lenses..EPIC FAIL! The fact that no HDMI cable was provided only reinforces the fact that this cam is not true HD quality.

***** PROS *****

♥ Quick Boot Time
♥ Long Battery Life
♥ Great Menu Feature Set
♥ Tripod Mountable
♥ Clear Footage For Cam Of This Price (as long as you're not moving)

***** CONS *****

◙ L.E.D. Light Produces Yellow Hue
◙ Poor L.E.D. Light Location
◙ Macro Switch Extremely Tough To Use
◙ Digital Zoom Overly Grainy For Cam In This Price Range
◙ Jumpy Footage In 1080 Mode
◙ Blurry Footage During Quick Movements (Slow Image Processor)
◙ Washed Out And Blurry Still Images
◙ Extremely Slow Shutter Response Time
◙ No Capability To Take Stills While Recording
◙ Very Slow Auto Light Metering
◙ Grainy Footage In Low Light Conditions (Typical)
◙ Muffled Audio
◙ No HDMI Cable Included
◙ Untruthful Claims On Performance Specifications

Overall, 3 stars...my cell phone takes better footage! Would be good for something to throw in the glove box in case you need it, or to give to your kids for YouTube, but for quality video look elsewhere. You can get much better for 20-30 bucks more. I really wanted to like this cam, and I could have lived with some of the cons, but the jumpy footage and overly grainy low light performance killed it for me. Ohh well, another return to Amazon, which was a pleasurable experience...they paid my return shipping even though the cam worked as it was supposed to! Thumbs up for Amazon's customer support, as usual!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kuzo - Great HD Camcorder, March 15, 2012
I picked one of these up from another retailer while on holiday in NYC. I now use the Kuzo to capture videos of all my trips to show family and friends when I get back. The camera function is great and I use this just as much and it produces great images. Its slim line and lightweight and easy to carry around. Great value for money and no regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact, May 9, 2012
When I received this camcorder I was really surprised by how neat and compact it was. The picture quality was pretty good. I liked the 16x zoom feature. However, if you zoomed in too much the picture was grainy. It worked well as expected for an inexpensive camcorder. I bought two. They will make great graduation gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot for a little, May 18, 2012
I so love this little lightweight camera. Small enough stick in my bag, no extra cases etc to tote. Takes remarkedly good pics, both video and stills. It is beyond all expectations I had for it at this price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons, August 19, 2012
I bought this camera about 3 months ago and it has sat in the box that it was shipped in for about 90% of the time. Honestly, I got pretty much what I expected from this camera. It is very cheaply made and does not offer much in the way of good quality videos. But not everything about this camera is bad...

Pros:

Very Cheap - for around $100 this camera is about the best that you can get with full HD capabilities

Design is good - the feel of the camera in your hand is very good, it doesn't feel like you are going to drop it and it is not too fragile (you can hold it pretty tight and it wont break)

Cons:

Software - the included software is very bad, it is not particularly easy to use and looks like it hasn't been updated in a really long time, i would recommend not even installing it

Touch Screen - the 3 inch touch screen on the camera is hard to use, has very bad resolution (sometimes you cant even make out what you are looking at), and is not made of glass (it is a rubbery material that makes it very difficult to select buttons)... one more thing about the screen - almost nothing is labeled with words - they are all icons with pictures that are hard to make out and to decipher what menu they open.

Tripod jack - I was surprised to even see a jack for a tripod on this camera (it was not mentioned in the description that i could find) so if you are planning on using a tripod very much I would say to choose a different camera... it is almost impossible to open and close the 3 inch screen when attached to a tripod.

overall, i would not recommend this camera to anybody that is looking for a descent camera for multipurpose use, the video quality is not great, the screen sucks, and the software is useless.

but if you want a really cheap camera for very basic videos, like blogging, then for $100 this would be okay.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok for the price, but..., September 20, 2012
This camera is not really compatible with mac computers. You'll need to upgrade to quicktime pro or similar software in order to use on a mac. The picture quality is great, but the sound is not that great quality. The touch screen works nicely and it has a very nice grip to it. Other than that, this product was just ok.

Rate and Discover Movies