Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2015
It works, but that bell at the end was annoying. I opened it up and cut a slot in the metal sound rim and it just makes a low clack clack clack now - much less intrusive and annoying.

To disable the bell, I first unscrewed the white part from the black part. There is one screw in the tripod mount. Underneath you'll see the metal bell shell. that's held in with three screws. You can unscrew that without worrying about parts falling out.

If you look closely you can see where the bell clapper or hammer hits the sound rim. I cut out that part of the sound rim so the clapper strikes air.

That's it!
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 11, 2013
For the most part this is a good little toy. It works well with my gopro and the extendable supports are nice. It feels cheap and plastic y, but what do you expect. I put this on the dash of my car with the gopro heading back from a trip to Kansas City, and at 70mph on rough roads and ups, downs and constant turns it never moved once from where I put it. I also attached it to a accessory rack on the inside roof of my car, hung it upside down and ran the gopro. I was pretty impressed it still worked and was accurate even hanging from the roof. It is a glorified egg timer but it works and that is what is important. I gave it 4 stars for the same reasons some others have. The ticking is down right annoying and the bell has to go. The phone attachment that comes with it is nice to have also. And the metal male and female threads are a good plus. Just get rid of the BELL! Also a lock for travel when not in use would be nice.
on September 8, 2013
I have used this at least 5x last week (vacation) without any problems. The only thing I'm very concerned about this product is it's durability due to plastic material. It feels very fragile, otherwise, the timer mechanism seems to work just fine. Time will only tell. I will try to give an update in 6 months.
on February 14, 2015
Tried my first steady time lapse with this last night with iPhone 6, works great. Even better on a tripod. I do feel I need to be extremely careful with this, one drop could destroy this - the casing, the timer, the holder, etc. Not hard plastic and it feels like it could break easily.

Also be very careful with the plastic clips that holds the phone. Do not move/adjust the phone side to side while the clip is holding the phone. The phone clip holder did scratch my iPhone 6 screen ZAGG Protector. Nothing major, but I am very glad I did have a screen protector - also thin iPhone case. (I would highly recommend a screen protector and case before using)

Also rigging very small tiny pieces of black electrical tape over the clips, even 2 or 4 tiny pieces of a thin rubber band can add a sort of "cushion" to avoid any possible scratching to your phone.
review image
on February 16, 2015
I can now use my MUVI K-2 to augment my field notes when I'm "Out & About". I carry a Sony DVR and now the K-2 Camera in my Shoulder Bag, along with my Sketch Books, etc. when I am just travelling around town or specifically hunting for "Inspiration". I use the camera to pick-up "Ideas" & "Models" for my Oil Painting. The screen color is fairly accurate and makes a satisfactory viewfinder for the MUVI K-2 whether I'm shooting Stills or a Video Stream. I Really Like IT! It makes a valuable addition to the K-2 when it it is "Handier" to have it as "Point & Shoot" Camera rather than on an "Action Mount" of some type.
I really EXPANDS the utility of the MUVI K-2 and it it is easy to mount on and dismount from the camera. I am GLAD I BOUGHT IT!
on November 10, 2013
I think that this time laps machine does the job for a time laps video. It rotates smoothly, and it can spin up to 360 degrees. I also like that it can be attached to a tripod, and that it has little stabilizing arms on the bottom. However, it can only spin one direction.
Aside from that it works for what I need it for. (I put my GoPro on it.)
on February 25, 2013
The way I understood this product to work before I purchased it is that it would turn slow if you wanted to do a time-lapse video or turn fast if you wanted to do a panorama. That' not how it works. It has one speed that it turns and that means it will take a full hour if you want to take a 360 degree panorama.

Remember those old kitchen timers you would buy when the one in your oven stopped working? You would turn the dial to set the time and then it would tick-tick-tick-tick-tick so loudly that you thought nothing could be a more annoying sound untill the timer finally ran out and emitted a loud ringing bell sound? Ok, so I'm being dramatic for effect, they weren't that bad but that's what's inside this thing. It makes the exact same sounds. Let's say you're outside taking photos while on a hike and you manage to setup a really great panorama shot. While you're waiting the full hour it will take for your camera to rotate a full 360 degrees you settle in and have some lunch. A heard of elk wander over, birds land near you, a couple chipmunks come over to say hello and suddenly RING RING RING. They all run, fly and prance away and your moment of nature zen is ruined. Alright, in all seriousness I just wish they had made it rotate silently and included a damper switch on the bottom or something to quiet the bell.

Depending on what sort of camera you are using with it you can probably save your self a lot of money by getting something like the Småland Böna IKEA - ORDNING Timer, stainless steel. The reviews of that timer all talk about using it with a camera.

Pros
* Has a stable base without the need for a tri-pod
* Can hold larger heavier cameras
* The clip to hold a smart phone holds it very secure and seems like it would work with a variety of phones very well
* Great for taking a 360 degree time lapse video

Cons
* Loud ticking while it's rotating
* LOUD BELL sound when it's finished
* Takes a full 30 minutes to take a 180 degree panorama and a full hour for a 360.
on May 23, 2014
For some reason when I bought this, I was thinking I could use it for smoother stitched panos, but it's really more for panning videos or time-lapses. Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to park my phone on a gadget for 15-60mins, unless I'm out of tower range. Would be great for something like an iPod touch or really any other camera. So it's great that the slotted phone holder on the top is removable to reveal a regular camera mount.

I would definitely like to see a version of this that could do a full 360 in way less time...like 60-120 seconds.

UPDATE: Now that I've had this for a few weeks, I've found I've used it more often than I thought I would with my phone parked for 15-30 minutes at a time. Would really like to see an electronic version of this with variable speeds (fast for stitched panos, and slow for time lapse) and able to pan both directions.
on April 6, 2016
I probably got a defective unit, but out of the box this thing wouldn't work. I can wind it but it doesn't spin at all. Waste of my money I will be saving and buying a quality one when I can afford it.
on July 21, 2014
I dig it, it gets the job done. But the ringer has to go... I'm in the process trying to silence the sucker.
I really like that they gave you something to hold your phone, and that its removable. You now have something to hold your phone to anything with a tripod mount... so that is a plus. But the bell.... the bell is not a plus. I haven't used the feet since I mount this to a tripod, but they are a nice little feature... but the bell... not the bell...
I know its just an egg timer in a fancy dress, but why couldn't you take the bell out!?!