5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
Great price & product exceeded my expectations. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who buys the MUVI camera
Published 17 months ago by Kenny G. Hensley USMC

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but with some problems
Published on August 8, 2011 by Dennis Milligan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but with some problems, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Veho VCC-A001-ESP MUVI Extreme/Action Sports Pack for MUVI or MUVI Pro (Personal Computers)
As advertised, the Veho VCCA003ESP Extreme Sports Pack includes a large variety of straps and clips that allow you to attach the a MUVI Micro DV Camcorder to your body or almost any piece of equipment . The pluses are the number of straps and clips available in the kit that make it possible to easily attach a MUVI Micro DV Camcorder to almost anything. The kit includes a number of Velcro straps and clips that makes it easy to make secure attachments.

However, there are only a couple of problems with the kit. The MUVI camcorder clips into plastic receptacles that are attached to clips or straps. While the camcorder appears to snap into the receptacles securely, there is nothing that would prevent the camcorder from falling out if jarred hard enough or exposed to a high wind velocity. While using my camcorder on rough trails, I twist a rubber band around the camera and receptacle as added insurance to keep from losing the camcorder.

Another problem is the way the camcorder receptacle is attached to the strap attachment device in the kit. The first time I attempted to remove the camcorder from the receptacle on the strap attachment device, the plastic around the small screws holding the two pieces together broke out. The screws are recessed in both pieces making the plastic very thin where they are attached and very easy to break. I fixed the problem easily by gluing the two pieces together with epoxy glue. The attachment between the two pieces is now much stronger than the original design. It might be fortunate that I discovered this weakness while handling my camcorder since it could have easily broken off while on a trail and I could have lost my camcorder. I recommend that everyone consider beefing up the strap attachment device by adding a drop of super glue or epoxy between the two pieces in addition to the two very small attachment screws.

Note, that I'm not sure that I would recommend using this kit for anything moving much faster than a bicycle unless the mounting can be protected from the wind. I use the strap attachment device to clip the camera to my helmet while mountain biking and it works very well, even on very rough trails.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic is simply too weak, July 14, 2012
I saw another review saying this broke too easily, and assumed that was someone who abuses things or used it improperly. I figured I take better care of stuff and would not have the same problem.

I was wrong.

The plastic is so weak, it is either a terrible engineering failure or manufacturing miscalculation. One mount, the swivel one, was broken on arrival. The others clearly would have the same fate the first time you hit a large bump or otherwise put stress on the mount. I can't put my Muvi in these, since I don't want to lose or break it. Sadly, I may have to return the camera as well since I was counting on this for mounting on 3 different pieces of equipment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly fluff..., October 8, 2010
Only one mount was useful (barely). The rest are cheap and of poor quality (engineering-wise).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for., May 5, 2010
I purchased this kit hoping for a better way to mount the recorder to my motorcycle & helmet. I did not find any thing in this kit that helped in a significant way. There are a couple of pieces that I might use but I would not purchase it again if I had the chance.

The Muvi Micro DV camera is a neat little device. I just wish this kit would have helped more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, January 8, 2013
Firstly the package contains a bunch of clips, brackets, velcro and straps worth about $ 1.00. Then you are on your own to guess what to use where. There are no instructions or even suggested methods to use. For example: the total info on ski helmet use was a single photo of a helmet with a bracket installed. The picture was not clear enough to "guess" what" parts to use where. Even if you figured it out, the brackets are fragile at best! This lack of information was compounded by an equally uninformative website and a "customer assistance" department that has not responded to my inquiries to date, other than to tell me they sold a lot at Christmas so they are buy and will "get around to me when they can! DO NOT BUY

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, May 7, 2012
I bought the camera first and read the unimpressive reviews about the Sports Pack. After a few days, I decided that something to mount it on my helmet would be better than nothing, so I bought it. I shouldn't have wasted my time or my money. It's not at all well made. I rode with it today, and now I no longer own a MUVI camera. It fell off and got lost. Big disappointment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very flimsy. Breaks easily. You get what you pay for., March 12, 2014
I was initially very excited to have some many different adapters, but after using some of these pieces, they broke very easily and were no longer useful. I was always careful no to force the camera in or out, but the plastic isn't very strong.
I also found out, that these adapter don't hold the camera very strongly.
I hit a bump on my bike and the camera flew up in the air.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, January 16, 2014
Neat, compact, easy to use. Was a birthday gift for my 10 year old and he can't be separated from it. I also bought two accessory packs which I makes this gadget very adaptable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted money, December 20, 2013
This package arrive with broken parts, and there were no instructions about how to use the products. I do not recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars cam review, September 16, 2013
the kit does not have a good support for a handlebar. I really do not like how the cam works on a helmet. do not satisfied at all

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›