Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on May 4, 2011
First,I ordered one of these from whoever had the lowest price on Amazon. It arrived broken, as several others have noted, and I returned it without a problem. After reading all of the other reviews on these, I ordered from Willoughby's, and I would like to report that just as a couple of other reviews have stated, it appears to be newer stock, and with an improved latch that so far has functioned perfectly. So, apparently the important thing with this item is not finding the lowest price, but finding who has current upgraded stock.
on July 12, 2011
They must have fixed the latch which people have said breaks off easily because mine has gone through snowboarding season and now pool/beach season and still keeps the muvi dry!!!
on March 27, 2010
I have to agree with the other reviewers. The item *arrived* with the latch already broken. I didn't even get the benefit of snapping it myself.
But it arrived broken, and was returned for refund. Looking at it, I decided that it was MUCH too fragile to actually use underwater where the camera was at risk if it failed. It needs a little redesign.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2011
I guess the third time is the charm! Willoughby's promptly supplied me with what seems to be one of the new batch of these waterproof cases with the upgraded plastic latch. It arrived in good shape and after playing with it for a couple of days and leaving the camera secured inside it the latch still hasn't broken. The black plastic parts feel different from the defective ones too, more resilient and less brittle. Finally, I can mount the camera solidly on my motorcycle with the screw mount and use it underwater, which are the two uses for which I bought the camera in the first place.
on May 14, 2011
Caveat: I bought this case to protect the camera in inclement weather; I have not, nor do I intend to, submerge it.
This case appear to be well built, and capable of the job it was designed to do. (If you plan to use the camera underwater I would suggest that you may want to fill the case with some weights wrapped in cloth, to prevent damage to the inside of the case, apply a smear of silicon grease (that's a smear, not a handful) to the 'O' ring seal and submerge it in a pool for several hours to check for leaks - it beats having the camera flooded).
My only concern is the latch. It seems to exert a fair amount of pressure when the case is closed and I have my doubts about it's long-term viability; I would suggest that, when not in use the case should be left OPEN to release the pressure on the latch.
on March 18, 2010
Please to the future buyers of this product, it breaks very easy, the handle that closes the case broke from pressure under water. it was only 5 feet of water, when it broke open and damaged the camera with water , dont buy.
0Comment15 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2010
Warning it WILL break... but when you wrap it around with clear packaging tape a few times it will be waterproof. After you do that it is awesome! i use it to make a video of me kayaking and it survived even when i tipped over twice. i also used it making a youtube video underwater. it works but you need to wrap it tightly.
on January 28, 2011
I took Mark's review seriously and ordered one.

It must be a new design. The hinges and everything else appear to be very solid - not easy to open...

I like it very much.

By the way, I sent back the old minicamera and the new one works very well.
Same for the bike grip.
I think that the design evolves...
on May 2, 2012
I purchased this kit in hopes of mounting my VEHO to my helmet or bike. It just doesn't work compared to other mounting systems for other cameras when it comes to sports. The kit is great if you want to wall mount the camera but the arm band is useless and so is the head band because there is to directional control over the camera. For example, if you put the camera on the headband and then place the head band on your head, the camera points up. There's no way to point the camera down. Also, the headband is not stable by design and this goes for the arm band as well. Although my VEHO gets the job done for basic filming, I'm afraid I will have to upgrade to a substantial camera system like the Hero or Contour because of the proven and wide variety of camera mounts.

This is another example of I get what I pay for. I should have just spent a little more and got a camera made for sports and action video.