Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VELCRO Brand - Sticky Back - 15' x 3/4" Tape - White
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: White|Size: 15 Feet|Change

VINE VOICEon March 22, 2009
I've found all kinds of uses for this: It's strong enough to hold up a 3'x2' corkboard, a paper towel holder, surround-sound speakers, not to mention art and other light wall-hangings. Sure, most of those things could be more easily attached by drilling holes in the walls, but I live in an apartment with a please-don't-put-holes-in-the-wall clause in my lease. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

With this super-sticky stuff, I can easily attach (and detach) those items without causing any damage to the walls. No other two-sided tape I've seen (even the 3M Command strips, which are great for posters) is this powerful. That mounted items can be so easily adjusted and removed on-the-fly is a huge plus. This is an extremely versatile, useful and inexpensive product.

[Update: At the time I posted this review, I hadn't yet removed any of the adhesive strips from the walls. When I did, the adhesive pulled much of the paint off. So be warned that this is very strong adhesive; it's not wall-friendly like the 3M Command products. You'll have to repaint your walls after using these strips on them.]
77 comments|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2016
I love velcro. I think it's one of the most versatile and useful things in my daily life. Yeah I also wish the price was lower, but the last roll I got did last a couple months.
The first roll I got almost 1 year ago (also from this exact same page) was the "clear" one, and I thought it was pretty good until I got the "white" one just this week. I've posted the photo for clarification (see photo)-- note that one side of the "clear" velcro is slightly discolored only because I only have used ones left for comparison, obviously they look cleaner when new.
The notable difference between the "clear" and the "white" is that-- the "white" velcro" is thicker and have bigger loops, and this equates to increased attachable surface area and therefore harder to pull apart.
If color isn't such a big issue to you, I'd definitely recommend the "white" velcro over the "clear" one for stronger hold.
review image
on June 21, 2011
The back is not sticky enough for my purposes. I bought industrial strength velcro before and should have gotten it again. If you're using it in a place where it might get a little damp or with fabric, it probably won't stick for very long. I'll get industrial strength again next time.
on August 11, 2007
This is a great product that was developed for the Space program but has as many uses as you can think up.
I bought a 15 ft roll for a very nice price on Amazon. It's probably more those most of us will need in a lifetime but it's always better to have more than you need.
This roll has good adhesive and the hook and loop grip tight until you pull it apart. It is particularly good in automotive applications where you need something to stay where you place it like a dashmat or a GPS unit or even a cellphone or MP3 player.
33 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2013
Great product!! I love applying velcro everywhere since it can keep items off the floor and "in the air." One downside was that individual velcro pieces are simply too small--this product, on the other hand, is literally the dimensions stated (i.e. 30 feet long of velcro)!! Moreover, it does not just come with just the prickly part of velcro, but also the fluffy part to complement each other. I did not know if I was going to get both parts from reading the existing reviews so I just thought that it would be important for everyone to know :) Overall, if you use velcro a lot like me, buy this product instead of the individual cut-out pieces. It will definitely save you A LOT more money in the long run!
on August 7, 2012
Worth keeping a roll around the house. Initially used it to hang some stuff on the wall where I didn't want to use hooks. Also in lieu of carpet tape to keep a throw rug in place. Easier to pull up and wash the rug. Store roll in a freezer bag and keep it out of the heat and it will last for many years.
on February 28, 2007
Fast shipment of product, happy with vendor. Used this on an item outside in sunny, 80F weather. Glue bacame gummy and failed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 30, 2012
You can stick it anywhere. I know what you're thinking. Shame on you.

Velcro has been around forever. Noah must have had a reproductive pair of male and female Hook N' Loops on the Ark.

Practical uses are too many to list.

I used the sewn-on variety in Nam back in the sixties.

If adhesive Velcro fails to preform satisfactorily, there is a reason.

The secret to adhesive Velcro is to attach to a clean, non-porous surface.

I clean slick surfaces with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol which usually comes in a bottle with a red label. It costs more than the 70% variety but it's worth every penny.

On porous surfaces like concrete blocks, I prepare a smooth surface using 6-minute Epoxy or a suitable construction adhesive, allow it to cure, clean with 91% alcohol and attach the Velcro.

For cutting, my best results are using Westcott Titanium Bonded Non Stick Scissors, 8" Straight from Amazon.Com. See my review.

Stick to what works best. In this case, sticking works.
on November 24, 2012
Part is my fault, part is lack of additional description both here and at the 3M site. This is not the same velcro you normally think of, it is more low profile and as such does not have as much holding power. The loop side is like slightly longer peach fuzz and the same can be said for the hook side. They don't make this same product in the normal kind we tend to think of when we hear velcro, especially a clear one. I still used this for what I need it for, but I had to use more to make sure it would hold. For reference, I work overnights, so I made a light shield for my window using black rubber mats from lowes, for kitchen drawers; black out curtain just didn't do it for me. It loses grip at times.
on March 15, 2014
My prior boss opened a REC Center for kids with special needs. I purchased this velcro with high hopes. I was so excited to utilize the clear velcro for communication books. Unfortunately, the velcro barely stuck to surfaces and the hard and soft velcro barely stuck to each other. I was embarrassed by this purchase.