5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!
Published on February 9, 2008 by V. Lorraine Cheek

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks
Have had Bunn's since 1980. Trusted the company, however two Bunns ago, machine rusted out where heating element enters into tank, and my current Bunn, a GRX-B, is also leaking. Bunn use to make a good product, however not as of late. Ready to switch brands! It does, however, make a wonderful pot of coffee. Just get use to the water it leaks on your counter.
Published on August 31, 2007 by O. Durrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!, February 9, 2008
This review is from: BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black (Kitchen)
I rarely write reviews but I had to tell you that I LOVE THIS COFFEE MAKER!! I had one for about two years and just last month it started tripping GFI breakers and just basically blew up on me. I called Bunn, expecting the usual fight about returns. I was told to pack it up and ship it and they would look at it to see if it was fixable. If not, I would receive a new one. I did have to pay about $13 for shipping but two weeks later I arrived home from work to see a brand new Bunn sitting on my porch! It was that easy!! I so rarely get good, quick service that it shocked me. I didn't even have to send the receipt but I had registered my product when I first got it so they looked it up easy enough. I have had two Bunns, the first I lost in a divorce and the second being the one that was just replaced. It brews great coffee quickly....it is no lie it only takes three minutes. Wonderful product and wonderful no-hassle service...they have a repeat customer in me, for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffeemaker, December 13, 2007
I've had 3 of these in the last 10 years (I don't baby my coffeemakers, and eventually the hard water kills them). I am not the patient type, so I prefer the Bunn because it makes a full pot in 3 mins. I can start the coffee, get the cup and the creamer, and the coffee is ready.

I prefer this version over the newer one, as I am not too certain of the swivel lid on the newer ones remaining flat and not breaking.

I would recommend that you use the Bunn coffee filters, which are available at most stores. Anything else is probably too short to properly fit the filter container, and you'll get grounds in your coffee pot.

I also recommend using a pretty fine grind of coffee. That seems to get the best flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it is expensive... But it is the BEST, May 6, 2007
Me and my wife replaced our drip coffee maker (mr.coffee I think) 23 years ago and bought our first BUNN. It was very expensive at the time 99.00 compared to all the others drip makers 14.99 - 39.00. As we were looking at all the makers, we looked at the BUNN then saw the price and kept looking at other models. A customer who happened to be in the same isle turned to us and said " If you want the best drip maker ever get this one" she pointed to the BUNN and went on to tell us why we should by it. After considering all the options we decided to try it and never went back to any other. Since we bought our we have at least 5 freinds and family members who have made the switch after seeing mine.

I would like to be up front about one thing. If you are a casual coffe drinker then this might be the type of maker for you. However, between my wife and I we go thru 4-5 pots a day . This coffee maker hold approx. 2 1/2 pots of water in the back tank. The fresh water you put in while making the coffee goes into the reserve and the reserved VERY HOT water comes out. In the mean time the cold water you added is being heated. If you do not use this pot enough the water in the back will slowly evaporate. You should never let this happen !

If you LOVE coffee , then you should buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Held up for 13 years of daily use!- SEE UPDATE ON NEW MACHINE, July 3, 2007
I just replaced my 13 year old Bunn with the exact same model. I cannot think of another household appliance that has outlived this machine. It was used daily (and sometimes twice a day) for all of that time, and it still made a great cup of coffee. Finally it sprung a leak, so I replaced it with the exact same model. As for taste, it's the best too. It makes far superior coffee to my in-laws more expensive Cuisinart, and it makes it FAST. There is good reason that the finest restaurants and coffee houses use Bunn.

One improvement on my new machine: the clever makers at Bunn installed a lever on the water intake that will not allow the coffee to brew until you close the door. This prevents the coffee from already starting to brew before you replace the carafe (remember how quick it is?). The downside is (and I'm sure it was a cost-saver to them) they expect you to use the glass carafe to measure water, so they no longer provide you with the plastic Bunn water measuring carafe. I found it useful for other things, such as watering household plants and measuring large amounts of water (think extra big measuring cup). I do think that new users will appreciate not having to store an extra piece of equipment.

UPDATE: My 2nd Bunn was not built nearly as well as the first. Shortly after a year (the warranty period), it began leaking from the base. This leak began as a small puddle of water and ended in the machines inability to hold nearly any water. This leak from the base seems to indicate a compromised metal tank, leading to the machine's demise.

Additionally, the plastic began to crack all around the burner radiating outward. The plastic under the spray head also cracked in multiple places radiating outward from where the coffee drips out. I guess they don't make them like they used to.

Given my experience with the newer machine, I would no longer recommend this product. I threw it in the trash, and bought a Keurig- which makes great coffee, one cup at a time. So far over 1 year, and no trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars FASTEST COFFEE MAKER ON PLANET EARTH!, February 2, 2007
No clock is needed for automatic brewing. Those that do have clocks and use them, are they really automatic? All the prep has to be done the night before. If you set it wrong, you don't have your coffee in the morn. Anyways, this Bunn coffee maker is simple, FAST and makes the best tasting coffee I have ever had. Bunn has focused on coffee making, not on gadgets with clocks, timers and a bunch of gizmo gimmicks. My stove has a clock & my microwave has a clock, there is a clock on the wall, a watch on my wrist and a clock on my phone, etc. etc., Do I need another clock in the kitchen? Hmmmmm. NO! The Bunn machine is durable and reliable. Makes no disgusting noises during brewing like most other machines do. Good for you Bunn! Bunn keeps the water hot at all times, starts spitting out coffee as soon as you close the lid. A full pot of coffee in 3 minutes or less!If you need a coffee maker, this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Machine You Could Buy!, December 9, 2006
T. Zielke (Onalaska, WI, USA) - See all my reviews
This is the absolutely best coffee maker that I have ever owned. I bought mine 4 years ago, and it still works as well as the first day I got it. I bought another for a gift for my in-laws. Anyone who loves coffee must invest in a Bunn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee and amazingly fast brew!, February 23, 2007
I've had this coffee maker for about a week now and really like it. The speed of the brew is hard to believe. This morning it took less than three minutes to brew a full 10 cup pot of coffee.

I'm using a store brand of ground coffee and this brewer makes it taste as good as a coffee shop's! You do have to get used to the higher temperature at first, but that's what makes the coffee taste so good.

I also like the simple, basic design of this Bunn. There is another Bunn model that is a redesign that is supposed to be sleeker and more modern, but I actually like this one better because you don't have to slide the lid to pour in the cold water for brewing. This model has a basic flip up lid that I think is easier to use and will last longer.

I just noticed that this one is now going for around $80 bucks (I got mine for $88) so it is an even better deal today.

Highly recommended.

UPDATE: The warming plate stopped working on this after 9 months of use which is a bummer, but it still brews great. I'm thinking of getting the same model since I love the way this brews.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing won't break, April 11, 2008
I've had one of these for at least 15 years. I always wonder if there is a better coffee maker out there but this thing won't go away. I have had two times when it starts leaking around the bottom. In both cases I took the top off and put a new gasket around the area where the water goes into the stainless tank. Then its good for another 5 or 10 years.
This thing is so simple and brews coffee fast at the right temp.
What is the point of buying anything else. Best money I ever spent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, August 31, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price., June 28, 2008
I have owned Mr. Coffee's and various types of perculator type coffe makers over the last 38 years, but I have never had a coffee brewer/maker that made coffee as good as the Bunn home brewers. The first one I bought lasted over 10 years. I discovered that I could have fixed it myself with a new top water resevoir after I had bought a new one. As long as you clean them regularly, they will last a long time. One hint to good coffee from the Bunn, use filtered or distilled water if you live in the city. Chlorine will make the coffee taste bitter, regardless of the coffee brewer.

BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black
$112.71
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.