on April 6, 2012
Verified Purchase
Ive had this bike for about 3 weeks now & i have had no real issues with it, just some minor stuff.Their is noise that comes form the front but its not loud, i listen to music & dont notice it.The seat is uncomfortable but is the same seat on my trek mountain bike, so eventually you will get use to it, or you can just replace it.I like the monitor that it has, i keep track of my mileage & time.Most bikes do not have this added feature.I wouldnt trust the calorie count.The water bottle holder is very close to the breaks & it gets in the way,so stick with the smaller bottles.If your not looking to spend very much a on a bike i think this is a great bike.Its sturdy & it gets the job done, i use it 4 days a week.
on July 15, 2012
Verified Purchase
If you are looking for an exercise bike, look no further. Very solid, smooth and quiet. I was a little skeptical that this bike could be anything more than a bare bones spinner. I was very pleasantly surprised at the value of this product. Easily compares to bikes selling for twice as much.
on January 30, 2012
I purchased this bike like most people for an afforadable option to spin at home. Glad I did. I've been using mine around four times a week for almost a year. The only reason I gave this bike four stars is that the seat kills! I have used many spin bikes before and this one is awful. So do yourself a favor and get a more comfortable replacement seat. Other than that I have been more than happy with the ride quality of this bike. Assembly was easy as long as you read the directions and use the correct tools. Noise level is not bad. not perfect, but nothing to fuss about.
on June 21, 2013
This is a really great bike. I got lucky and snagged it brand new at a wholesale place nearby for $113, only had some box distress. This bike gives a great workout, it's NOT noisy, and it's easy to move around. I love this bike. I took the advice of other buyers and bought some blue loctite for all the bolts, and I've had no problems with anything losening up. I did go and buy a Schwinn Stress Free Bicycle Seat , since the one that comes with it is so hard and uncomfortable to sit on. It's heaven now with the new seat. The calorie counter counts me at about 20-30 less calories burned than my heart-rate monitor does, but it's not a big deal for me since I use the heart-rate monitor anyways, just thought I'd mention it in case someone was wondering about it. There's only one negative I have about the bike, but not enough to knock off a star, it's the placement of the water bottle. It's right under the break and difficult to pull in and out when you need it. I just bought a shorter bottle to replace the one that came with it, that seemed to do the trick. Still wish it were to the side of the wheel though. Overall a great bike and I use it 2-3 times a week for 30-60 minutes at a time on the days I'm not lifting weights.
on July 27, 2012
Verified Purchase
The right side pedal's screw has worn down the rivets on the crank, the right pedal is now loose and practically about to fall out :(

I understand that this piece of equipment is relatively inexpensive ($195) compared to the mid to high end models, but my first impression and initial use of this product has been less than perfect.
First, let's note that according to the manual this bike is probably the same as the Cap Barbell models with a different color skin and scheme, as that is the manufacturer listed alongside "Velocity" on the paperwork. It comes in a huge rectangular box in the shape of a large brick with everything shoved inside protected by four large but weak pieces of styrofoam.

There are two main negatives:
First impressions are a must, and the first thing I noticed after a half hour of assembly is that this bike was missing the small monitor that tracks distance/calories as advertised by Amazon and the manual with the packaging. This is not good at all. In this economy I expect to receive everything hassle free as promised without any further worry if I pay hundreds of dollars. This has nothing to do with quality of the product, but it's a serious hassle to call (only 9am-5pm M-F) and deal with this. I'll make the call and follow up via comments to this review.

UPDATE: After exactly a week I've now received the monitor from the manufacturer. Cap Barbell's phone system is unmanned but I got through pretty easily via email so it was actually very easy. They just wanted the warranty card filled and mailed and an electronic invoice. Amazon rep also offered help since it's "sold and shipped" by Amazon, but they wanted to ship an entire 2nd bike, have me take out the single part and ship it (on Amazon's expense) back, thanks but no thanks since that's a hassle for everyone involved. The monitor I received is the 3 button version as shown on this site's 3rd product image. It doesn't feel substantial but it's definitely a plus to have for a lower priced model.

Secondly, and this is my main point of contention, the dual felt pad brakes, which are pre-assembled caliper brakes, are incorrectly aligned. This leads to so many problems, the main one being that one felt pad will wear out before the other. When the resistance knob is turned to least resistant, one pad is almost touching the wheel and the other has a large gap, how did no one notice this during quality control, assuming there is such a thing for this price range.
Furthermore, these pads are not attached via screws, but rather clipped in with plastic. I can un-clip the looser pad of the two but not the other. For this reason I was only able to spray silicone lubricant on one pad and not the other. The silicone helps preserve the life of the pads and prevents squeaking. This leads to the eventual issue of replacing the pads, which will be another hassle since these pads are as previously mentioned not like the "screw ons" readily made available by other manufacturers and more importantly I can't even remove one of them.

UPDATE: I was finally, through light hammering, have been able to loosen the second felt brake pad and spray it with silicone. This lopsided brake pad is really the thing keeping this bike from being better.

The bike's actual mold seems to be sturdy, although the chain guard is plastic, and the noise is almost non-existent, ALTHOUGH it's important to point out that there is some serious vibration when pedaling with speed since there is a chain under the plastic guard that is moving around. Living in an apartment, I am actually wary of being a nuisance to my downstairs neighbor (probably will have to double down on some carpeting) since my building is paper thin.

If anyone who owns this bike knows how to fix the Brakes/Caliper alignment issue, please give me a few tips, this is really the main shortcoming, and such an important one for a spin bike.