on December 6, 2006
I got this sub cheap ($150) about 6 months ago. If you know anything about home theaters you know that Velodyne makes some of the best subwoofers, they always deliver, period. The CT-120 would now be considered old but it's no slouch, trust me. I have a small (1430 cubic feet) living room and this sub is more than enough.

Paired with a Harmon Kardon AVR-125 receiver I can shake my flat easy. This thing produces air shock waves when it fires, you feel it. To put it another way, the sub's volume dial goes to 10 and I would NEVER think of turning it up past 3.5.

I'm not trying to compare this sub to a newer model that would cost $1000, but if you can find it for less then $200 it is totally worth it.

One last thing, this sub is NOT shielded for video use. Keep it away from your TV.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 10, 2013
Verified Purchase
great sub for the money sounds really good with my def tech 350 front and surround speakers I also run Cambridge audio dipole bipole presence speakers up top my receiver is a Yamaha 1800 a older unit but still kicks major butt .for someone on a really tight budget finding this sub a the price I paid 150.00 is a steal .I also have a velodyne cht-12 sub so the pair together really sound good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 22, 2002
While it's a nice sub in most respects, (tightness, musicality, deep bass), it's hard for me to justify the $500 price tag for a small jump in quality over the subs built into my Polk Rt1000i powered towers. It plays down to about 20Hz but it's the gain knob must be controlled for almost every CD I pop in because of how boomy it can sound when turned too high. Plus, it's a behemoth of a sub taking up over 2 ft^3. Full controls and and nice x-over, though. 4 stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See 1 answered question