Other Sellers on Amazon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Artist
Top Customer Reviews
I love the last two albums (especially WWN) and Vena Sera compares favorably. First of all, even though there are some melodic songs here, this cd rocks HARD. Not a ballad to be found and plenty of the crunching riffs that we all love from Chevelle. Yet I don't believe it's just "more of the same." They might be baby steps but the band does branch out a bit without sacrificing its trademark sound. Let's face it, if they lost the chunky guitar, it wouldn't be the same and we wouldn't like the band. I think this album delivers the best of both worlds.
If you like music that ROCKS and/or like Chevelle, this cd is a no-brainer. Get it now and get going. BTW, I just saw the band live for the first time last night and it was an incredible show. It's a lot of sound for three guys and they pull off every song. I also got to chat a bit with Sam (drummer) after the show and he is the nicest, most normal rock dude you've ever met. If you get a chance, don't miss the band in concert.
Embrace the best in hard rock music. Appreciate and enjoy one of the few great rock bands - and rock albums - in these very lean times!
Let me give you the run down as to why this is an incredible rock album.
1. The band has mastered the art of playing together. Each track is fast, tight, and smooth.
2. You most likely listen to Chevelle for their sound. I do. Therefore, I would not want them to pull what bands like Pearl Jam did and become "progressive". All this has done is taken a fantastic rock band and turned them into something I don't particularly like to listen to.
3. This album MUST be listened to more than twice. I agree that at first listen, the whole album sounds vaguely similar. Fine...you got me there. But have you actually LISTENED to the album. Listen to it one more time...but this time closely. The riffs, drums, vocals, and lyrics are amazing. Listen to 'Saturday' and tell me that this song doesnt get your adrenaline pumping. If it doesn't...then I recommend you start listening to another genre of music.
4. 'Vena Sera' is a refreshing back track to the sound of hard rock worth listening to. Chevelle seems to want to keep the hope of good hard rock and roll alive with this album.
5. Every song on this album can and should be listened to in full....aside from the last bonus track which sounds like it was written and produced as a PR tactic. I can't remember the last time I listened to an album in full.Read more ›
Opening with the addictive "Antisaint," which wears it's Tool influence proudly on it's sleeve, "Vena Sera" is, from start to finish, the heaviest and richest album Chevelle have come up with. Combining elements from all three previous albums, this is hands down, their best to date. The goal they set for themselves during the making of This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In of creating songs that were faster and would sound better performed live has definitely paid-off here. There really aren't any mid-tempo hits to be found that resemble "The Red" or "Vitamin R (Leading Us Along)" and honestly, it's a breath of fresh air. Granted, the previous album was great in it's own right, but showed a band stuck in the mud, beginning to repeat a formula. On this album, however, they sound fresher than ever. Not only are the songs heavier and broader, but Pete has definitely fine-tuned his melodies to perfection. The layered "I Get It" is possibly the most radio-ready of the crowd, and makes good use of Pete's ever improving vocals.Read more ›
I am very pleased with what I am hearing now. Chevelle rocks hard with great vocals. They seem to have found that perfect edge of patterned riffs and emotional chords, slamming hard and balancing the tide without going to far into the grasp of extreme repitition of a groove. They ride that line so well, where some other band sometimes slides over that edge.
Their songs all surround the listener with a feeling of urgency, seriousness and release. For some reason their songs bring back memories of my life before Chevelle even existed. Strange but good.
Chevelle seems to have perfected their own world they have created.
another reviewer said something to the effect of "if its not broken don't fix it." I agree.. And I would add that respect comes from sticking to your true musical talent and not swaying or changing because of some outside force, like a marketing agency or record company. Many modern bands fallen into that trap, and it loses true fans. Chevelle has stayed true to their sound.
And yes, I also agree...can we get an acoustic closer next time?
Great Album. The best I have heard yet in 2007.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love Chevelle and have all their CDs and this one is by far my favorite. the songs are well crafted and well sung. the music just blows you away with its raw energy. Read morePublished 5 days ago by K. Chaudry
What can you say that hasn't been said before?! Totally awesome music selection!!Published 9 months ago by Larry Pierce
Cant complain.. I have almost all of their music. Some of the tracks on here remind me of Deftones.. but its a great release regardless. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Rob Phillips
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Heard the Album, Not Bad...But...||
thats disappointing, but I really hope I can still enjoy it. I can't wait!
Mar 17, 2007 by Sophia P. Pang | See all 19 posts
that would mean u don't have the actual copy. i suggest u wait until the album comes out, its only like two weeks.
Mar 20, 2007 by Sophia P. Pang | See all 4 posts