5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome comeback.
After Educated Horses I sort of gave up on Zombie.
I didn't even buy Hellbilly 2 after hearing the samples.
Then I heard about this album and just rolled my eyes and forgot about it.
Then I heard the samples, ran down to the local Target and got a copy.
Published 18 months ago by Brian Nallick

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the last, but not as good as previous albums.
Published 17 months ago by Micheal Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome comeback., April 23, 2013
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
After Educated Horses I sort of gave up on Zombie.
I didn't even buy Hellbilly 2 after hearing the samples.
Then I heard about this album and just rolled my eyes and forgot about it.
Then I heard the samples, ran down to the local Target and got a copy.
WOW....just when you think an artist is dead, buried and beyond coming out with something amazing Zombie comes out swinging.
Classic Zombie.
No fillers here.
Every song destroys.
Dead City Radio still reminds me a little too much of Blondie (compliment) but it's still a great track.
If you miss classic Zombie then pick this up.
Best thing he's done since Hellbilly 1.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rob Zombie CD in Years, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
I'm a 59 year old man and I dang near set in the truck and cried I was so disapointed with the Hellbilly 2 CD. This CD more than makes up for it. I've been a fan from day one, this may be his best work. It is everything Rob Zombie music should be. Great job Rob!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album!, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
I saw him live at Mayhem Fest and he just blew me away with his stage performance. I had to get this album! Every song on this album rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, July 18, 2013
Big fan of Rob Zombie and this new album doesn't disappoint! I don't think there's a song on it that I don't like

5.0 out of 5 stars A great entry in Zombie discography, April 23, 2013
T. Miller (Rochester Hills, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
I've been a White/Rob Zombie fan for quite some time. For purposes of this review I'll exclude White Zombie work.

If you liked Hellbilly Deluxe & Sinister Urge, this one is for you. I thought Educated Horses and Hellbilly Deluxe 2 were OK and had a few decent tracks, but just didn't seem as good overall as previous albums. (I'd probably rate Hellbilly Deluxe as a little better than Sinister Urge personally). If you're a Rob Zombie fan, I assure you it isn't incredibly hard to just listen the entire way through.

I would probably rank this as maybe not as good as Sinister Urge, but make NO mistake, this is a VERY good album. Odd to me that the first single was Dead City Radio, when some other tracks seem to be better.

Also, I just may like the cover of "We're an American Band" more than the original. John 5's guitar work on this album is nothing short of impressive, Rob's vocals sound great, and Ginger Fish turns in great work on drums too.

I'd be surprised if there aren't at least 2 or 3 more singles off this album. Well done and I'd be hard pressed to be happier with this album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Uplifting Album!, April 24, 2013
Was in the mood for a good, new Rock album and this album fit the bill. It's intense and energetic but not overbearing at its proper length. The Band, along with Rob, sounds Terrific! I like the creative style of this recording and its good sequencing. This album will be fun for working out, aerobics, and dancing/bobbing around at a festivity or club. Track 6: Rock and Roll (In A Black Hole) is the bomb and the album keeps its mojo going throughout, especially after the transitional Theme in Track 4. This is my first album by Rob Zombie. I like a variety of music and am willing to check out both newer and longer-term artists at our different stages. Well I was curious about Rob Zombie, where he's at now, and the inspiration for this album (with such a creative cover and title) so I found a recent article published by USA Today with good information. 4-5 star means I personally really like it. Rock on!

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC ZOMBIE! GREAT ALBUM, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
Unlike some rock legends, whose records slowly become worse and worse, Rob Zombie proves he's still on top of the music game with this incredible new album. It might as well be 1998 all over again. The guitars are on fire, the drums sick, the lyrics and vocals as timeless as ever. I honestly love every single song.

Here's how I would rate each track:

01. Teenage Nosferatu P***y - 5/5 - with a title like this, how can it not be good? I LOVE everything about it. The lyrics. The vocals. The EPIC drums. This is the definition of classic.

02. Dead City Radio and the New Gods of Supertown - 5/5 - The first single is flawless, don't get me wrong, but it's not my favorite track from the CD.

03. Revelation Revolution - 4/5 - Love the lyrics and vocals. A little generic in production, but still a favorite track.

04.Theme for the Rat Vendor - 4/5 - Fun little interlude. Nothing special, but sounds cool.

05. Ging Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga - 5/5 - You'll have the chorus stuck in your head forever. This is CLASSIC Rob Zombie and a personal favorite.

06. Rock and Roll (in a Black Hole) - 6/5 - This is my actual favorite song from the album. The kick drum is epic and the chorus transforms my little bedroom into an epic rock concert. Warning, some uncontrollable headbanging may occur.

07. Behold, the Pretty Filthy Creatures - 3/5 - An average rocker with an ode to old-school horror. I think it's a great song and would never skip it, but have to give it an average rating in respect to the other masterpieces on this album.

08. White Trash Freaks - 4/5 - Catchy lyrics, INTENSE drums. Great stuff.

09. We're an American Band - 4/5 - Great cover of the '70s track, I love the updated sound. I bet it's even better live!

10. Lucifer Rising - 2/5 - The vocal-work here is a little awkward and slightly difficult to listen to. It's not BAD, but kinda messy.

11. The Girl Who Loved the Monsters - 3/5 - Another horror-movie inspired track that doesn't sound like a hit single, but you won't want to skip it either

12. Trade In Your Guns for a Coffin - 2/5 - The guitar here is magnificent, unfortunately the other aspects are weak

OVERALL: Rob Zombie continues to show his relevance and uncontested talent for creating the best rock music in the biz. This CD may not be quite as good as Hillbilly Deluxe, but it's darn close.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the last, but not as good as previous albums., May 10, 2013
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Rob Zombie since he went solo with Hellbilly Deluxe in 1998. What rock hard rock fan couldn't get into Rob's music after hearing "Dragula" and "Living Dead Girl"? Rob's next release of "Sinister Urge" just blew me away with what a great album I thought it was from start to finish, even tho some thought it was a bit too commercial, the album was his best so far to me. Next was "Educated Horses" and there where some good tracks, but a good part on the effort of Zombie, I hadn't been disappointed with a Rob Zombie album at all, until the release of "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" which left me very disappointed, so I did not know what to expect while anxiously awaiting this new 2013 release and the 5th solo album from Rob Zombie.

Well, track by track analysis.

`Teenage Nosferatu P-sy': I can;t get into this one i'm afraid, it sounds simmilar to "Run Rabbit Run" but slowed down. The pace of the song just makes it seem boring and not something I want to play again or hear live. 2 stars.

`Dead City Radio and the New Gods of Supertown': I heard this a few months back when it was leaked as the single from this album. I was not impressed by the song much and it didn't give me high hopes the rest of the album would rock my world. It is one of the better tracks of the album, which says alot if you have already heard this single and not the rest yet. It has some decent music, but the overall impression is was this really the best Rob and the gang could come up with? 3 Stars

`Revelation Revolution': Uh oh, techno beat for a start. Oh wait, it gets drowned out quickly with heavy guitars. This is a typical sounding Rob track once you get past that god awful electro start. Choose some phrases, and repeat it a heap as lyrics. It's OK, but not the strongest thing Rob could have come up with. 3 Stars.

`Theme for the Rat Vendor': Just a short instrumental, not a memorable one like "Sawdust in the Blood", is this another theme song to a future Rob Zombie movie or something? Just sounds like filler junk to me. 1m.01s of boredom. 1 star.

`Gong Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga': Had this not been revealed as an actual title for this song by Zombie himself, then I would have laughed and said what a stupid made up name that is for a song. Typical Zombie track, alot of nonsense lyrics and sound clips playing over it. The chorus sounds OK to me, but the 2nd chorus of the title name, doesn't fit well with this song to me, still it grows on me with each listen as many of Zombies past tracks have. 3 Stars

`Rock and Roll (In a Black Hole)'. WTH is this? A rock n roll titled song kicking off with an electro beat? This sounds like the drum line has been created in a online techno editing software. Once the guitars finally kick in, the song sounds ok, but then they go away and it goes back to this electro bass line thing. This song would be decent if it gets remixed or edited to add a proper drum and bassline and not make it sound like some stupid club house bore fest. 2 stars.

`Behold! the Pretty Filthy Creatures' more audio clips over the top from old movies, getting a but sick of those now. This is a bit more upbeat than the other tracks, but at the same time, it sounds ... Zombie Generic... what I mean, it sounds like it's Rob, it has all the elements of Rob, but at the same time, it's not that much of a memorable track. It's Zombie style filler to me. 2 stars

`White Trash Freaks': Pretty much what I said about the last track is what I would say about this track. 2 stars.

`We're an American Band': A cover song done Zombie style. Quite often when Zombie covers a track, he makes it his own and quite often I love those versions even better than the original. This cover, not so much. Kid Rock is still holding onto my favorite cover of this one, and Zombie hasn't even topped Jackyl on this one. 2 stars.

`Lucifer Rising': Now the pace picks up a bit, with nods to White Zombie material in the guitar riffs, and random lyrics this is what Zombie usually rock out and is enjoyable to hear. Al tho it does sound like a few previous songs before, who cares, this ones OK. 3&a half stars.

`The Girl Who Loved The Monsters': Not more techno? Oh no, now we get real instruments quickly. This is almost the same as I have said about the last track, but mixed with what I said about the tracks before it. Once again, these audio clips are getting annoying. The last minute or two of the song sounds horrible as the pace slows down into garbage. **/

`Trade in Your Guns for a Coffin': same as what I said about "Lucifer Rising" ***

Overall, I give the album 3.4 stars. It's OK, sounds much better than the last album to me, but still doesn't compare to the albums before that. I didn't find a huge stand out track amongst any of these. Usually there is a track that the moment I hear it, from the first 10 seconds, I love it, and wanna hear it again... but there was no such track to be found on this one. Quite frankly, if none of these songs where added to the live set list, I would not be one bit disappointed. Some of the music sounds good, but what I think the album lacks is anything that sticks out, or could be called a classic guitar riff or memorable musical moment. Probably the most memorable musical pieces on this album are on the "Dead City Radio" track. Even then, it's not that impressive or all that memorable to say "WOW" or "Cool" it's just, "Euhh, nice". Here's to hoping Rob really makes a terrific comeback on the next album, because to be honest, not a single song on here is worthy of being part of his greatest hits, I can't see anything spawning radio play after it exists the charts, not that I give a flying monkey knuckle about charts, but you know what I mean, it's time comes and goes, and stays there.

EDIT: I recently purchased Robs new concert film "Zombie Horror Picture Show", and tho I still feel the same about most of the tracks on this album, after hearing "Ging Gang Gong" live, it's made a fan out of me of the song. It certainly sounds much better live, and I just can't get it out of my head now!"

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not Hellbilly Deluxe either, June 29, 2014
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
I like Rob Zombie. He's a creative mad genius. I bought this CD thinking it was going to be even better than the magnificent Hellbilly Deluxe, but it isn't. It's not bad -- definitely better than most of the crap on the music shelves, but it's actually rather pop-flavored, which disappointed me a bit. If I turn on the radio in the middle of a Zombie song, I can usually tell his style in about 2 seconds, but this offering blends into the herd a bit too much for my liking.

Am I sorry I bought it? No. Will I listen to it a lot? Probably not. If I need a Rob Zombie fix, I'll reach for Hellybilly Deluxe before I reach for this CD. Sorry, Rob, but I know you can do better.

A thumb and a half up. Eh. Okay. Thanks for reading. :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombie Good? Me think so., April 23, 2013
This review is from: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Audio CD)
I really don't like reviewing music much since everyone has different ears for what they like. I have not kept up with any music until a couple months ago I read Rob Zombie was releasing something new and I started looking forward to some new tunes. I have listened to a lot of Zombies music for around fourteen or so years now including White Zombie. Though I loved his White Zombie work the only album from Rob Zombie I can without a doubt say I love every song would be Hellbilly Deluxe. Every release after that I found I would like a couple tracks but it would eventually grow on me in about six months and I would end up liking a majority of it. I think all his later music is actually really good despite what a lot of people may think. I believe this album will be the same and I did listen to it a few times today since its a great way to pass car driving and have people look at you listening to your crappy music (at least that's what they think). Some songs sounded great and others not so good. The great ones I hear that get my foot tapping and or I listen to over and over such are Dead City, Ging Gang Gong, Revelation Revolution or The Girl Who Loved Monsters which are probably my favorites and then there are the other songs that I forget about quickly.

I don't care when bands change their sounds or the way they progress for the most part. I am not some kid who finds Rob Zombie flawless in fact I will say I don't like his movies one bit and some tracks on his albums leave me scratching my head. I have always enjoyed the horror theme he has had in the past and I think he's a musical genius for what he does. When I come to Zombie I want to hear something not found anywhere else and this album does have that and you will no doubt think the same. It is unique and the whole album flows together well. It just seems to be lacking a dark aspect or a certain edge that I have come to expect from Zombie. I guess I want to hear songs when I am thinking about I get a devilish grin then my foot starts tapping and I wanna eat some face. Who knows maybe I am just getting older and my musical tastes are changing up.

I will disagree that this is the best since Hellbilly or this is classic Zombie but it is a good listen nonetheless. I still recommend listening to this album since it is a good album and a lot of people will have it grow on them. John 5 on his screaming guitar and Zombie sounding like he's using a megaphone into a microphone yet it sounds good and you know its Zombie. So far I like about half the album and those songs are great but I am waiting to see if I can get into the other ones. I am sure it will grow on me and or at least I hope it will but if it does I will no doubt revise my review. Listen to it and you may love what Zombie has put out this time. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy your listening of the album.

Update:

After listening to the album pretty consistently over the past few days I went with four stars. It is actually a good album and so far I like all but I think two of the songs. Like with most Zombie albums when the chorus kicks in the song gets awesome and I found there to be a great dynamic what might sound like somewhat of a dull song. Kind of like Dragula or Superbeast when the chorus kicks in you're like "oh hell yeah." The album is really short by the way but in hindsight all his albums usually are. The vocals are another high point and they sound pretty awesome when they kick in and of course Zombie will not be able to recreate that live. It is still a supercharged album anyway and I would love to hear a lot of it live. I won't say its the greatest of his albums but by no means is it terrible.

Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor by Rob Zombie (Audio CD - 2013)