Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on November 23, 2008
This is a bottle of citric acid (the stuff that makes lemons sour) with a wetting agent that helps dissolve the minerals (scale, calcium carbonate) that deposit on the evaporator (the moving white plastic finned drum) of the AIRWASHER. Simply fill the bottom housing with fresh water, pour the entire contents (8 oz), turn to low setting; after 2 hours, dump out the water that now has loosened scale, wipe any remaining scale and don't forget to get the stuff on the bottom of the fan. No smell like the vinegar I used to use. Not harsh like "lime-away" bathroom cleaners. Our local water is hard and during the summer, molds (black and red) can bloom.
on December 23, 2012
I've used both vinegar and this cleaner. Vinegar worked just as well, and I prefer the smell of the vinegar to the chemical smell of this product.
on February 24, 2014
For those of you using the Airwasher Solution and wondering how to adequately clean your Venta every 2 weeks, I use Simple Green and warm water to soak the basin and water wheel, using Scotch Brite pads or a brush and rinse very well. To clean the fan blades and motor housing, I use a damp cloth sprayed with Simple Green and wipe all the goo away quickly. Then I refill the basin with clean water and add the Water Treatment Additive. I still use and recommend both Venta cleaning products as directed, but when the goo and those deposits build up, Simple Green cuts through them easily.
on March 6, 2012
This one-use cleaning solution is run-thru the Venta Airwasher periodically to clean out the deposits and gunk. The product works well. Every few seasons, one should ship their Airwasher units back to Venta for their ultrasonic cleaning service. It's a bit pricey ($40? plus shipping one-way) but it comes back looking like new. They also replace several of the parts as part of this preventive maintenance.

As far as the folks giving this product 1-Star, they should learn how to read as the product description is quite clear. And you cannot blindly trust any of Amazon's add'l purchase recommendations. So I give those posters 1-star for their intelligence. Kinda reminds me of a deli review I read recently from some goof who gave the place the lowest rating simply because he thought the sandwich prices were too high (he walked away w/o even trying their food).
on February 24, 2016
It did seem to do a very adequate job of cleaning, but read all of the warnings before you apply it indoors. I put the humidifier on the back porch before using this cleaner, and even after that, wondered if I should pour the remainder out of the well before reusing indoors.
on May 5, 2016
I like the Venta's performance, but it's a pain to clean every 2 weeks. I bought the cleaner thinking it would make my life easier. But it didn't. First, it does nothing for the gunk that gets created in the upper housing. Second, while 2 hours of running the unit with the cleaner in it discharges some white hardened mineral flakes from the wheel, I get better (and FAR cheaper) results by pouring a bit of CLR in hot water and soaking the wheel for a bit. Seriously, I think they price this ridiculously high.
on May 14, 2015
Really cleans the fins on the wheel inside the humidifier. Seemed to help cut down on the 'clicking' noise you can sometimes get with the Venta's too. I use this about once a quarter, or if the insides get particularly iffy looking during my monthly cleaning... Pricey, but it works.
on April 26, 2013
Love our air purifier/humidifier! Winters in Ohio are brutally dry and dusty. Your stuck inside for 6 months with furnace going. You definitely need this product to keep your water clean while using your purifier. Don't skimp or think you don't need it because you do
on November 11, 2014
Been using this but it doesn't seem to get the scale off and too expensive. Read on another site that a user has success with cleaning unit by using Calgon water softener - 1 teaspoon or so per tank; run for 2 hours, discard water and rinse. Also, same person recommended using dishwasher Rinsing Aid - 1 tsp per tank, instead of using the water treatment additive. I'll be purchasing these tomorrow and give it a try.
on February 11, 2010
This is the first time we have used the Airwasher on our Venta Humidifier and it did a good job of cleaning out the accumulated grime. Unfortunately it is not usabled on the motor blades and it is difficult to use an old toothbrush to scrape off the grime on the fan blades. But the product did the job it was supposed to do.