Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on August 27, 2012
The Venus Fly Trap came in perfectly healthy with multiple traps. I had it in a sunny window and at times put it outside when it was a warm day since it was only early April...eventually after the weather was warm enought I was able to keep it outside. Finally the plant was growing many new traps and before you know it there was too many to count! Every day at least 1 or 2 traps would catch a bug! Very satisfied from the seller and now I have 7 more plants that I have been taking care of and another 1 coming in today!
review image review image review image review image
0Comment|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2011
I was a little hesitant buying a live plant online, but after receiving the plant, my fears were calmed. Not only did it arrive ALIVE, but there were detailed instructions on how to care for the plant. If that was not enough, the seller emailed me that very night asking if everything arrived alright and did I have any questions. Search no further, you have found what you are looking for through this seller!
11 comment|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2012
The Venus fly trap arrived quickly (the plant was shipped immediately and arrived 2 days later) and was alive and a beautiful green. It was a little smaller than other fly traps I have bought before, but seeing as it's still technically winter I shouldn't expect a large one and it will no doubt get bigger. As a bonus, my order came with two separate fly traps, the main large one, and a small one that had snuck in by being so close to the big one. Setting it up in the pot was quick and easy and the care instructions that came with it were clear and detailed. I received a quick and clear response from the seller when I contacted him with a question and he made sure you were satisfied with your order. It was almost as if you had walked into a physical store and bought the plant your self from him. Would highly recommend this seller.
on October 10, 2011
This level of customer service is hard to find. Joel was Incredibly helpful and very quick to respond to all my questions. I received happy, healthy plants in just a few days. All my future orders will defiantly be placed with Joels Carnivorous Plants and I highly recommend them.
on March 27, 2015
I'm wondering why my plant is limp ;( i've had it for 5 days now and it still isn't being revived and some of the traps are dying. I am making sure it always has distilled water and i've been spraying it with some every once in a while too. Someone help me!
review image review image
on May 31, 2012
I was hesitant to buy a plant online and worried the plant wouldn't make it to my house alive. The plant arrived in my mailbox three days later after I ordered it and when I opened the box I was happy to see that it arrived green and healthy looking. I was expecting to have only one trap but I was supper excited that there are six in fact. I have four big ones and two small ones. The directions are simple and clear. The hardest part was trying to get water that was distilled or just reverse osmosis without added stuff to it. I did eventually find just distilled water at our local Walmart. I will buy more plants from this seller in the future.
on April 13, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know when our plant would arrive and how to be caerful with it at first. And thanks for continuing to offer support!! So far, everything is fine and my grandson is enjoying learning about this interesting plant!
on June 17, 2015
Our plant arrived quickly and was healthy looking. It also came with very thorough instructions. We've placed it in a pie plate, added the recommended water, and set it in a sunny spot. My kids love bringing it bugs and we feed each of the three plants once a week. So much fun to watch it shut! I had another Venus Flytrap previously and it never ate anything and eventually died. These have been in our home about a month and each plant is growing at least one a new trap!
on August 26, 2012
The plant came fairly healthy, and was relatively easy to plant. It is pretty cool. I suggest leaving it outside, that's the easiest way for it to feed and get the sun it needs. It will also catch bugs on it's own this way. I smile a little (okay...a lot) every time I come home from work to find another trap closed with a couple of tiny legs sticking out. You might want to feed it one bug when you first get it, just to get your plant off to a good start. If you do this, try very hard to feed it a LIVE insect. You can give it a dead bug and trigger a few hairs to make it close, but this can cause a problem. Giving it an already dead bug seems like it should be okay, but might cause the trap to re-open after a few hours, because the trap doesn't know it caught a live bug if nothing struggles after the initial detection.

And this sort of brings me to my next point, and the reason this isn't a five-star review: you need to do your own research on fly trap care. DO NOT depend solely on the instructions that come with the plant. They aren't a bad start, but they do give some questionable advice, such as the woefully inadequate potting recommendations. A quick visit to one of the many websites dedicated to carnivorous plants will point you in the right direction.

Overall a good product that is a lot of fun with the right care and knowledge.
on December 9, 2015
I am utter and incredible impressed with the quality of this purchase!!! Beyond impressed!!!! If you are looking for a Venus Flytrap plant for yourself or a kid, this is the one to get! It came super packaged, with full instructions and a beautiful bloom of many flytraps. I bought this for my son for Christmas and he will be so happy to have this. This is way better than having a seed that does not bloom. this is perfect!!!
Update: Jan 24, 2016. This is still growing and has babies growing, but it does not look at good as when we got it in the mail. There is a learning curve to these VFT. But we are getting there. Only water this with Distilled water and put it in a window that gets nice light. I had moved this into a window that has frosted glass on it and this little guy didnt like it, so I moved it again. We might be buying a grow light for this, but for right now its in a different window, but I want to move it, cause it is a window we never see. Also read, not to feed it right away and only feed it when its mouths are all the wide open. good to know. We are still very happy with our purchase and will buy again from this seller.
review image review image review image