Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Verbatim 96992 Easy Riser Wireless Notebook Mouse with Nano Receiver (Verbatim, 2010)

Pros: wireless. I hadn't realized how annoying cables are when dealing with my work laptop (which I lug home most nights) until getting the wireless mouse; I'm now thinking about grabbing a wireless keyboard as well (and praying for the day when someone releases a reasonably-priced wireless power supply).
Nano receiver is awesomely small and doesn't get in the way of other USB cables you're plugging into the laptop at all.

Cons: Way, way over-sensitive. I run music software on my machine that's used in live performance, and delicate tweaks can be difficult with this mouse. If you use your laptop for gaming and you don't have the reflexes of a fight pilot, you'll find yourself wanting a less sensitive mouse pretty quick.
Seems a tad on the pricy side for being just a mouse (I paid about the same for the wireless keyboard/mouse combo I use on my desktop), but I'm the kind of person who always buys bargain computer equipment, so YMMV.

Not-quite-cons: Battery life seems shorter than it is with the wireless mouse I have at home (and that one's always on, as opposed to having this one's energy-saver feature).
Would have been nice had the pop-up feature been a tad more adjustable; when fully extended, it's about a sixteenth of an inch too tall for absolute comfort. I found I adapted to this after a couple of days, but still.

Overall: Serviceable, but not for highly detailed work. As long as you're a basic end-user not doing gaming, CAD, or the like, it should suit. And you'll love getting rid of yet another tangled, annoying cable. *** ½
on September 13, 2012
This is the first device I have used with the nano-size usb receiver and it does the trick. The receiver is in a usb port on the right side of my laptop, just next to my mousepad but the nano size keeps it from being a problem and I never bump it. The battery does not last as long as the one in my Logitech M305, but the 2 AAA's are easy to access and I use rechargeables. It fits nicely in my hand and the low profile makes for good compatability with my laptop.
I was excited to put this to use after buying it. The desk that our family desktop PC sits on is a bit more cluttered than I would like so even getting rid of one power cord will help.

Originally I was using the Verbatim 96992 Easy Riser Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse on our desktop through one of the two front USB ports on the CPU and it worked just fine. I never had any problems with the signal dropping (They are about 3-4 feet away from each other) and the response time was as good as our previous wired laser mouse. More recently though I installed the NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion  on the same desktop and decided to put the receiver inside the CPU case to free up the outer USB port and so far it's been great.

The "Riser" feature has been of little use to any of us, but for some other reviewers I think they like it. Overall it seems to be a good, reliable product and in fact I like it so much I bought a second one to carry with my laptop. A good price point on this seems to be around $25, but keep an eye out for rebates to sweeten the deal.
VINE VOICEon April 27, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using this for a few weeks now and it's been working really well. Very easy to use plug and play design. I didn't bother with the softwear as it didn't seem like it was needed.

A few nice features were the hidden compartment for the little usb laptop plug. This is a great feature so that you don't lose it when you're traveling with your laptop. I also like that you can change the height of the mouse so it gives you a few options.

Overall it's a nice wireless mouse
VINE VOICEon April 8, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First of all, I would like to point out that the mouse is very welll designed and constructed. The little storage area built into the underside of the mouse for the Nano receiver is of immense value and convenience. I also like the fact that even though it is advertised as a notebook mouyse, you can, in fact, very conveniently use it on a desktop computer. I especially like the fact that even though there is no direct line-of-sight between the Nano received and the mouse, the mouse still functions well.

I am not sure, however, that the ability to adjust the height of the mouse is of any real use. Granted I have only been using the mouse every day for for about a week, but I cannot feel any more or less confort when adjusting the height of the mouse.

One definite disadvantage is that the curos on this mouse moves very sluggisly on the screen. I'm not sure if this is a common problem for all wireless mouse products, but there is definite and annoying lag between mouse movement and cursos movement. Frankly, it is annoying such that I'd rather just suffer the inconvenience or a corded mouse.

Another disadvantage is that this mouse is optical and as such you will have serious difficulties if your desktop is glass or unless you use a mouse pad. This, however, would be tolerable were it not for the sluggishness in response issue above.

The optical portion of the mouse is on the bottom and around the optical sensor is an aluminum foil ring. This foil ring has the tendency to peel off. I'm not sure if that will have any effect on the operability of the mouse though.

All in all, this is a good product, but just make sure you can tolerate a mouse with an extremely sluggish cursor response.
on October 22, 2012
I purchased this mouse brand new from a deal-a-day website and got it yesterday. I plugged the nano receiver into my USB slot and it automatically downloaded the software from the internet. I had the software in the bundle and didn't even have to use it. I love easy set-ups like that! I bought this mouse to replace my Microsoft Wireless Nano Mouse because it was losing it's ability to effectively scroll and was constantly having errors because of its heavy use (I use the computer quite frequently).

I am very happy with this new Verbatim mouse. I did a lot of review checks to make sure I was getting the best bang for my buck. Verbatim seemed to top out on every website I visited. The reviews were not lying -- this is one of the best mouses (perhaps THE best!) I've ever used. It has very smooth scrolling and is very sturdy. My Microsoft mouse had rubber panels on the side to be ergonomic but they didn't last more than a few months and they started to peel off. This mouse has nothing that will peel off that I can see.

The only downside of this mouse is that it is very sensitive. It doesn't take much movement of the hand for the cursor to move and that's something I'm not used to. I have had to control my hand movements so they aren't jerky. I'm quickly getting accustomed to the new usage.

To sum up, this mouse is totally worth the money and I love that I paid less for this than the Microsoft mouse.
on October 7, 2013
Every time I plug in the wireless received I get a message to restart my computer. After restarting my computer I get the same message. Its a continues loop. I am using the mouse on a IMAC. Also the CD does not eject.
on April 19, 2013
My last mouse had the same collapse to carry, but that was also what turned the mouse on and off, which was great except then it would come on in my bag and drain the battery. So a separate switch is better. But I miss the touch pad scroll wheel. I like the nano receiver over the large receiver that I would have to pull and store in the mouse before.
on March 23, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I tried this on my netbook, and did not need to use the CD. This is a basic mouse with no forward or back feature (though you can program the scroll button). The adjustable feature is really just a way to raise it, and I did not find it comfortable. It is either up or down, and I prefer down. I did not find this particularly comfortable in my hand, and I have large hands. I did love the small wireless USB attachment. It is small enough not to be in the way when I am moving my netbook around. In fact, you will forget it is on your computer because it is such a nice fit. It is also nice to be able to store it in the mouse. For the price, I think this is a nice, basic mouse. It comes with batteries and also can be turned off to save battery life. I should also note that the "pull tab" for the batteries is great, and has instructions on how to place the batteries (positive and negative poles) which not only makes it easy to insert the batteries, but also makes it easy to remove them!
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I never realized how much easier life was with a wireless mouse on my laptop! Now, I don't have to use that annoying little touchpad for everything! THis mouse works smoothly and easily, and I can just leave the USB connector in all the time.