5.0 out of 5 stars Drive works well and boosted performance for me.
This SSD is being used for a system drive in my desktop computer, and works well with Windows 7 and Windows 8. Boot time is definitely improved, and seems reliable so far.

Published on November 8, 2012 by Amazon Customer

Published 18 months ago by John Hawkins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Drive works well and boosted performance for me., November 8, 2012
This review is from: Verbatim 120 GB SATA III Internal SSD 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch 47378 (Personal Computers)

I am retaining my hard drive for data, but the OS and all programs are running from this drive, and performing like a champ. I honestly don't know how the speed compares to other SSD devices, but the increase in performance from using the hard drive is noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, January 12, 2013
I bought two to replace OS drives in two different computers. Both work as advertised.

I have bought over 20 SSDs in the past year to replace mechanical hard drives from various vendors; so far, these two drives worked as well or better than any of the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Drive...Plug and Play...., December 4, 2012
I got this drive as an Amazon Lighting Deal and used it to replace a WD Velociraptor spinning disc. There is no comparison in speed, this drive is incredibly fast. Boot time is more than 50% less. Plug and play...

Verbatim is not necessarily known for drives, and I was hesitant. But, it has the same SanForce controller used on many higher-end drives and has generally good reviews & 3 year warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy Drive....lasted less than six months before crashing...., June 11, 2013
Bought 1/31/13 ....drive died 6/9/13....tested all parts, replaced cable, changed connection....still dead.....now booting from old HDD with old OS until I can figure out how to get Win7 off of dead drive and install on new SDD from other mfg...........not much more to be said......worked great until it didn't.....conveniently died after the warranty expired...total loss....should have spent the extra $20.....bought Verbatum because of name recognition from the old PC days......going back to more expensive Intel.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 3 days, June 10, 2013
Excitedly I imaged my hard drive to this flashy new SSD. It worked extremely well, for exactly 3 days. After that my machine wouldn't boot and all data on the device was lost.

Look, you might be attracted to the lower price of this drive but do yourself a favor and avoid it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap SSD, February 15, 2013
Ultimatum (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Upon receiving this SSD, you can tell that it's cheap. The packaging and how the drive looks and feels are all just cheap. However, I'm not concerned at all with how a drive looks as long as it performs well. This drive is good but it lowered my dard drive score in WIE (in Win7 x64) from a 7.9 to a 7.5. I'm not sure what's up with that since this drive is supposed to be faster than my old drive, but oh well. I took off an star for the lowered performance. It doesn't come with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter either, so I had to get one of those separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelente, December 22, 2012
Excelente, great performance in Ubuntu 12.10. The boot time decreases to 5 seconds!! Tested with kernel 3.7.1 and 3.5.2. I was very satisfied.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, OK performance., August 22, 2012
I ordered this SSD based on four criteria: price, capacity, read MBps, and write MBps. The first drive I received was DOA, so I needed to do an exchange, but amazon is always great about that. So far I'm satisfied with this drive, however there are a couple things that I find odd:

1. The drive is bulky for an SSD; I had to use the bottom screw holes on the drive when mounting it to my Thinkpad W510's hard drive tray.

2. The max read/write MBps may be overstated as the Windows experience index gives this drive a score of 7.5, whereas other SSDs I've used (all corsair) score 7.9. Using the Windows command "winsat diskformal" I got the following statistics for read performance:

> Disk Sequential 64.0 Read 264.49 MB/s 7.6
> Disk Random 16.0 Read 150.79 MB/s 7.4
> Responsiveness: Average IO Rate 0.78 ms/IO 7.9
> Responsiveness: Grouped IOs 8.72 units 7.4
> Responsiveness: Long IOs 2.20 units 7.9
> Responsiveness: Overall 19.14 units 7.8

It could be that my Thinkpad W510's hard drive controller isn't fully taking advantage of the drive, but just thought that I would share my findings/experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value drive, April 28, 2014
This drive is a good value, nice price/performance ratio. Took my windows experience index number for hard disk data transfer rate up to 7.4.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, December 29, 2013
It was cheap when I bought it. Performance of my desktop improved by leaps and bounds. My only regret is I didn't go for the 240 GB version.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›