Published on February 24, 2012 by Carolyn Falconer

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I expected
Published on March 13, 2012 by cmashley333

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finially a great basic phone, but why not sold on verizon.com???, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is a great feature phone for those who won't give in to the data plan cost. It can access web if you chose, but doesn't require it. It's the perfect size, great for texting and battery life is great. For some reason it is not advertised or available through Verizon online or instore. Probably because they would be out of stock. It is the phone I have been waiting for, you won't be dissappointed in it if you are showing any interest in this type of phone. Ordered through Amazon mine came with a free car charger. Call sound if good, and no problems with dropped calls or attaining service. Keypad is small, but that should come without saying just by looking at the photos. Overall it is everything I expected and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great phone, no data required, February 18, 2012
DANIEL ROURKE (PARSIPPANY, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
this is a great messaging phone, good sound quality a good camera, lots of free apps, the big question is why Verizon isnt marketing it or selling it in their own stores or their own website? if you want a really good feature phone, buy this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Basic Phone, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this phone for over a week and I'm extremely pleased. I'm adding this review since I was not familiar with ZTE, the manufacturer, and there are few reviews.

First and most important, call quality is great and battery life has not been an issue. Another must have feature for me is its Overseas Roaming capability with the SIM card included.

For texting, at first the keys seem small & some upper case symbols (example ` and , ) are difficult to distinguish from one another, but after a few days you become familiar with the layout and you'll appreciate the full keyboard. The keys have a very nice perceptible touch. Many of the keys serve a dual purpose that is intuitive to understand and provide all the shortcuts you will ever need. Menus are logical and easy to navigate.

Overall build quality is excellent and the phone is the perfect size to fit in your pocket. It has the appearance and shape of a Blackberry Curve.

While you can browse the web, it does not have a touch screen, so navigation is difficult, but since this is a basic phone, I don't believe that is important.

The camera has a flash, but no zoom, and is fine for infrequent use. It also has a basic music player and I had no problem adding mp3 files from my PC to the phone's inserted memory card via a standard USB connection. One other review mentioned a problem with this, but all you need to do is have the phone format the card, attach the phone via USB to your PC, and copy files to the \synched folder. For music this is \synched\music; for photos, it's the \synched\pics etc.

Another nice touch is the phone's software can be upgraded if Verizon/ZTE put out a new version.I have not tried the phone's Bluetooth feature or GPS.

When you consider cost (free with a two year extension and no data plan required), quality, design, and features, this is the ideal basic phone for me.

Update 9 Sep 2012 - I've used this phone now for 4 months and I'm still very pleased with its performance and features. It was used in Europe and worked great with calls and text; however, costs for calls were high. I've not had any major problems. At times, I have experienced a missed key stroke or a double letter/symbol with the key pad and the battery indicator is not as accurate as it should be. I've learned to charge it every few days even if it shows fully charged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
2 years after my LG Voyager was discontinued, I finally found a phone that meets my needs in this category. I had to suffer with a Samsung Intensity II for one year, then I ordered the Samsung Brightside (which is a complete POS), and through complete luck I found this phone on Amazon Wireless. So far, I couldn't be happier! I was a little concerned about the off-brand, but after playing with it for a couple days I can tell that it is very good quality in both design and features. It functions like a Blackberry, and has amazing speaker quality. In fact, I am pleasantly surprised by the quality every time I answer a call. If you are in the market for a sophisticated feature phone, don't look any further and certainly don't waste your time with a Samsung Brightside! Your dream feature phone has finally arrived! Congrats Amazon and congrats ZTE - they found their niche!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is exactly what I needed, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
My iPhone 4 contract was up for upgrade. I considered the new iPhone 5, but felt no real need to upgrade. At the same time, I didn't want to pay $30 per month for the mandatory data plan because I'm on Wi-Fi 95% of the time either at home or the office. I was paying $30 for the privilege of having access to Verizon's network, not the actual usage. Besides, at least $20 out of the $30 probably was going to pay off the phone subsidy Verizon paid Apple.

The solution: Cut off the data plan. Use the iPhone 4 as a glorified iPod. Add a Skype number. I now have the same service as before 95% of the time for under $6 a month. Upgrade (actually, downgrade) to a basic-phone like the Adamant for voice and texting outside the Wi-Fi zones.

The Adamant is such a smart product. It's truly adequate for daily use. It's smartly laid out. It looks and feels like a Blackberry with half the thickness. Typing is so much easier on it than a virtual keyboard. Why couldn't Samsung, LG or RIMM itself produce a good basic-phone like this? I'm sure they could, but they probably didn't so that the consumer would lament the lack of good basic-phones and buy a smartphone sold at a huge mark-up. Now all my children want to ditch their LG QWERTY-keyboard basic-phones and get this slick Blackberry look-alike. Way to go, ZTE!

Two add'l comments: First, many reviewers complained about button delay. I had a Blackberry 8703e for years. It had longer delays than the Adamant. In my opinion, the Adamant is slightly faster than Blackberry models from 5 to 6 years ago. That's pretty good for a basic-phone. Second, in order to downgrade from a smartphone, you need to download the VZ Contact Transfer app and back up the address book BEFORE you activate the new phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM WIREFLY! pros &cons, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I really do like this phone so much!
1. looks like a blackberry
2. doesn't require a data plan
3. personalized ringtones for contacts
4. instant reply on message
5. isn't a touch screen phone

What i really hated about it!
1. not durable/cheap only lasted me 2 months, fell once making a call and the screen went white (got it replaced)
2. camera button is slow
3. loading screens for contacts, messages, pictures, etc.
4. nothing special about the features
5. calls always get dropped

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I expected, March 13, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is ok as far as phones go. Keypad buttons are small and numbers/symbols are difficult for us older folks to see without difficulty. Display is nice and big though. It's got a slim design, making it easy to slip into a pocket. There is a bit of lag at times, especially when turning on the camera. I have to hit the camera button at least twice to get it into shoot mode. I also wanted to point out that Amazon describes this phone as having zoom on the camera. I'm somewhat tech savvy and I have yet to find that capability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best feature phone on Verizon, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This phone use to be sold on Verizon but within a week they took it off the site. IMO I believe the reason is because this is actually a very reliable phone in comparison to the horrible basic phones that Verizon sells. They purposely sell you bad basic phones as a strategy to get you on a outrageous smartphone plan, which is just plain nasty. When i purchased this phone I was very pleased with its overall look and feel, it felt and looked like a Blackberry phone. People complaining about the inaccurate time usually happens when your on roaming or traveling from country to country etc. With that said, I personally never had a problem with the time nor the speed of the actual phone. I think as long as you stay within your coverage the time should be fine. The buttons work perfect! its not too small at all! the size is very reasonable and I haven't had a single texting error on this phone, but of course I'm a young college student with perfect 20/20 vision and is use to texting on small buttons...lol. In conclusion this is a very reliable phone and is literally IMO the best basic phone you can get instead of the laggy/buggy basic Samsung,LG,and Pantech phones that Verizon sells.

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE - Always having issues!, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I don't normally give reviews, but this phone has been so frustrating!!

The phone displays the incorrect time throughout the day. If it's wrong when the alarm is supposed to go off, then it doesn't work. It also makes it confusing in logging the wrong times for phone calls & texts. And it's waaay off, like 4 hours & 13 minutes for example, not 1 hour as if it's a different time zone.

I don't receive texts in real time. Often all of the sudden the phone is flooded with texts, even though it has good reception.People also have trouble receiving most of the texts from the phone.

The phone turns off all on it's own randomly a couple of times a day.

The phone display also freezes up several times a day, until you are forced to turn it off & back on.

I STRONGLY encourage you to purchase something else!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Pfonh, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
`I like this phone because it does have similar properties to the Blackberry, which I had prior to this phone.
`The keyboard is easy to use, my fingers slip sometimes and hit the wrong keys, but still works well.
`It is very lighty weight, and small. I mean for the size that it is, it is a nice compact size.
`The main complaint I have with the phone is the lag time. When you are typing, or navigating away from a screen it will slow down, and freeze for a second. It is not too bad if you are willing to wait for a few seconds to continue what you are doing.
`It also is a basic phone, so the features of the calander are not amazing. It is very basic and you can enter things in, but if they are ina sequence and you want to remove one of the occurances, you end up deleting all of the events.
`The background is customizable, except on the lock screen.
`The speed dials are numbers only, unlike the blackebrry where you could designate each letter to a person
`The volumn on the phone is good.

Overall I like this phone, the lag is the worst part, but I am never in that big of a hurry to do anything. I have only had the phone for 3 days. And I love the fact that it is a basic phone that still has a decent appearance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless)
Click for more info