5.0 out of 5 stars Finially a great basic phone, but why not sold on verizon.com???
This is a great feature phone for those who won't give in to the data plan cost. It can access web if you chose, but doesn't require it. It's the perfect size, great for texting and battery life is great. For some reason it is not advertised or available through Verizon online or instore. Probably because they would be out of stock. It is the phone I have been waiting...
Published on February 24, 2012 by Carolyn Falconer

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I expected
This phone is ok as far as phones go. Keypad buttons are small and numbers/symbols are difficult for us older folks to see without difficulty. Display is nice and big though. It's got a slim design, making it easy to slip into a pocket. There is a bit of lag at times, especially when turning on the camera. I have to hit the camera button at least twice to get it into...
Published on March 13, 2012 by cmashley333

1.0 out of 5 stars Button Delay, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this product for more than a month, and I must say that it is quite cumbersome to use. Every time I press a key, I am forced to wait until the phone responds. For example, it takes more than two seconds after clicking the 'Messages' key for the phone to respond. This forces me to wait 3x longer than normal in order to send a text message. Dialing is also delayed. It's almost as if the phone doesn't have enough RAM to run its own operating system.

In the end, unless you don't mind running a phone that functions like Windows 95 from the 1990s, purchase a different phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a OK phone, June 17, 2013
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
The phone functions ok.. There have been quite a few times that I look down at my phone and it is a completely different time. It will change the time on the clock for no apparent reason. Also, my phone drops calls at least once a day. It is completely annoying but overall the phone works fine. It is good with texting but doesn't store the messages like a smart phone. When the storage is full, you have to delete messages.

3.0 out of 5 stars basic...very basic, March 30, 2013
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
As someone else mentioned, VERY low memory. It can only hold a few text messages at a time before asking you to delete them. The TEXT itself on the screen is very large, but the actual buttons are TINY. The "alarm only" feature does not actually turn off the vibrations of text messages or phone calls. If there is an incoming text, you will not be able to send your own text at the same time. Sometimes messages arrive about 20 minutes later. I wouldn't recommend this unless you really don't want a data plan, in which case this is fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
BEWARE!!! I had this phone for a day. Plugged it into the computer. It tries to update and FROZE. Now my contract is in limbo, I have no phone, and still paying service. I am told I have to eat the activation fee of 35 dollars per phone (2 x 35 = $70). I sincerely hope this is not the case because it will be one of the greatest bait and switches I've ever seen from a "respectable" name-brand company. Will update as soon as this thing is resolved.... Until then, WATCH OUT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for... A stylish basic phone., December 20, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this phone for almost 6 months now and I love it. The keys look small but I have absolutely no trouble at all typing on it, and it's a lot easier to use than any touchscreen keypad I've ever tried. I have unlimited talk and text but would rather not pay for a data plan so I wanted a stylish phone with a full keyboard and this was it. I love the look of a blackberry with the keyboard in front... most people actually think this phone is a blackberry. With my upgrade it cost me $0.01 including free shipping, I activated it myself, and I couldn't be happier. One review of this phone included a complaint about the lack of a lock button but the phone in fact does have one. If you look at the space bar of the phone's keyboard you'll see a tiny padlock symbol that, when held down for about 3 seconds, will lock the phone's keypad. Not too hard to figure out really, and I haven't butt-dialed anyone so far. The sound quality on the phone is also very very good. I suggest this phone to anyone who doesn't want to bother with an unnecessary and pricey data plan but who still wants a good-looking, easy-to-use, and text-friendly cellphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Phone!!!, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
It really is a great little phone. Total Chinese ripoff of a BlackBerry, but it's well made, and very functional. Super easy to set up, inasmuch as it doesn't give you a whole lot of options to choose from. Still, I can talk, text, send and receive emails, and receive Twitter feed. Very good sound quality, both receiving and sending. People have already told me how clear and distinct my voice is on this phone. Had a little trouble setting up my Plantronics M20 earpiece, as the instructions weren't helpful in the least, but after a little fiddling and a bunch of Jameson's I got them to auto pair. Naturally, if you want a phone for use other than its original intended purpose, such as for playing video games or watching full feature length movies, then it ain't for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, sleek, and available at Verizon Gainesville, Fl, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
just got this at the Verizon store.
so far, seems simple enough.
I traded in a four year old Verizon LG.
this is a blackberry wanna be and that's just my speed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible..., July 14, 2012
Joslin (Nome, Alaska) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
The only reason I have given this phone two stars is that it has the look and feel of a Blackberry without the added costs of a data plan, etc. Also, the charger port is the same as a Blackberry so charging accessories can be interchanged. That is about as far as the positive goes.

I have had this phone for two months after a VZW associate conned me into believing that it was a good phone. "I have personally used this phone and have absolutely no problems," were her exact words.

THIS PHONE IS A PIECE OF TRASH!

The clock is CONSTANTLY off, and not by a standard hour or a couple of minutes, but something obscure. Yesterday, when it was actually 7:15 pm here the phone magically decided it was 10:57pm and would not change back even after I turned it off and back on. That is probably the most frustrating thing of all. I am a college student and I rely on an accurate clock on my phone to use the alarm clock and calendar features. I would rather it not even have those features if it is just going to be wrong all the time!

Also, the system takes FOREVER to do a basic function, like opening the contacts list or deleting text messages. I have timed the phone on deleting text messages and at one point it took 2.5 hours to delete roughly 60 messages that I had and I was unable to use the phone until it was finished. That brings me to another point, you cannot receive a call or text while you are trying to send one and vice versa. If someone is trying to send you a message, your message or call will not be made. It is most frustrating when this phone is supposed to be comparable to something like the Pantec Jest. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I am about to break down and just have my old Pantec Jest reactivated because this, my friends, isn't even good for a paper weight.

**Edited** IMMEDIATELY after writing this review, the time changed from the correct 10:49 pm to 11:17 am. Also, I forgot to mention that this phone's camera is crap and does NOT have zoom like the product details says.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's okay at first..., April 10, 2012
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phone since winter break in january. Honestly , I would like a different phone . at the beginning, the phone was great ! it had a nice battery life, good keyboard, big screen. Now, I have a dust build-up in my screen, it's frozen about 3 times, and the clear button on the keyboard itself stopped working . Now, this could just be my phone malfunctioning, but I'm not too sure. I love the phone, no doubt about it. But I got this phone to get away from the freezing and the buttons not working on my env3.. not to continue the same problems.

As I said, it just might be the one phone itself. I would get the same phone as a replacement again, but if the same problems kept occuring, I would just get a different phone.

If you wanna try the phone out, go ahead . I don't guarantee that it will end up having the same problems as mine, but it could possibly happen.

Overall, long battery life, big screen, the buttons are easy to use, it's very slim and fits into pockets easily, and it looks like a blackberry! how much better can one phone get?

I personally love this phone, although I have some minor issues to deal with.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst phone I've ever used, November 1, 2012
paige (AUSTIN, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verizon Adamant (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
The buttons take foooorever to respond. The camera is horrible. Also when I text the letters will either not appear (the button doesn't respond) or it will put it in twice. It takes me forever to text.

ARRAY(0xa12050f0)