5.0 out of 5 stars They never should have stopped making them
Published on February 26, 2012 by SB

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published on March 4, 2012 by David

5.0 out of 5 stars They never should have stopped making them, February 26, 2012
SB "SB" (Elkins Park, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verizon Casio GzOne Boulder No Contract Water Resistant Rugged MP3 Phone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've had my Casio Rock for about 5 years. Love it. Thought I'd try to find another to use as a spare, but they no longer make the Rock. I searched and searched for the Boulder, which is the replacement for the Rock, and finally found one. You have to be very careful about buying cell phones on the internet because there are retailers who claim to be selling new products, but often they arrive without batteries, backs, chargers, etc. The Rock will always be my favorite because it is indestructible (went through the wash once with no problems). The Boulder has less rubber and may be not as tough, but it works just fine, holds a charge for quite a while and I have no complaints. You won't find any of these fine Casio phones at Verizon, so if you want one--and you should--try this retailer. You can't beat the price ($79.) plus a few more bucks for the chargers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its tough but not invincible, October 31, 2011
amazing phone if you want just that a phone that is tough its good for calling and texting that's about it. I'm OK with that because that's what i bought a phone for. There is two variants of this phone the first had not as good of a speaker the latter is what i have had and i love it. The way to tell is there is a black bulge below the outside screen it is where the speaker phone is. It has went through hell and back. I took my first one scuba diving to 51 ft well it didn't exactly die but it didn't exactly work after that either. All functions but calling and texting worked. even though its tough i would not recommend trying to prove how tough it is it is electronic after all.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, March 4, 2012
this is tough because I am a casio phone lover, I curently have a ravine 2 and love it, BUT, I ordered this phone before I got the ravine hoping to save money and not be in a contract. ordered it new and when I recieved it it even looked new. After I activated it is when the real story came out.half of the key pad lights did not work and could not get a signal, at sellers request I contacted verizon and they said my service was fine but since my phone was so old I should consider an up grade, I quikly informed her that my phone was new and she replied, sorry to tell you but you are the third owner of this phone and that it was first activated in 2008, I don't blame casio because like I said I'm a fan of there products, I blame the company that tried to scam me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone but broken charger, June 26, 2012
I ordered this phone to replace one that my teen aged son had broken. I really like the more rugged design of this phone but the seller included a charger with the phone that was a piece of junk. The charger that was sent with the unit looked to be a cheap travel charger that wasn't made for the phone. When plugging it in it wouldn't transfer a charge to the battery. After spending another 30 bucks on a charger that would work the phone now works great. Be mindful if you order a phone from this company to check and make sure that the charger they include with the phone actually works.

3.0 out of 5 stars My Phone Review, September 15, 2011
I did have the older version of the G'Zone Boulder. That had speakers on the face panel and back. The sound was better, especially when I was driving. It was hands-free. This one, the speakers are only in the back. When I use the speakers to talk, noone can understand me. Also, I wasn't aware that the locking device was plastic. I thought it was metal (more durable).

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my 13 year old, August 3, 2012
This phone is rugged and durable and perfect for my 13 year old very active son! Have had it for awhile now and he hasn't seemed to damage it in anyway. I knew I wanted a G'Zone for him due to my husband works in the concrete and construction business and he has one and it has never failed him unlike other phones he has had in the past. I highly recommend this for those that want a simple flip phone that is durable

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, March 29, 2012
The Casio G'Zone Bolder I received was exactly as advertised. To bad on the 28th day after receiving it, the screen turned into an off white cloud- nothing could be seen on it. When you buy something without a guarantee, you're just out of luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars We like, December 20, 2011
This was purchased as a gift for someone who is very hard on phones. So far we think it is a good phone. Sound quality is not the best, although he lives in a rural area that does not have the strongest service available, so that could be the problem. He works around a lot of dust, and often his hands are not clean when he uses it, and so far it has stood up to the punishment. Wipes clean, and looks good. He is happy with the camera. Recommended for those who want a basic phone and no frills. This one may just be bullet proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Verizon Casio G'zone C711 Rugged Boulder Black Cell Phone, December 1, 2011
This is a nice sturdy phone, looks to hold a decent charge, and it arrived in a timely manner. this is a good phone if you want just that is tough and good for calling and texting that's about it. I'm OK with that because that's what i bought a phone for.

One complaint; I have to drive to the nearest city to find a corporate store to get a "flash update" for some programming fix I can not longer automatically download through my phone (this is inconvenient), just so I can download apps, music and ringtones. My local provider is Verizon.

2.0 out of 5 stars JUNK PHONES, April 4, 2012
Having ordered two of these phones, the first one was not working properly from the start and the second one now a month later will not charge..... Working with this company and they are not working well with me!