LED indicators for signal strength and when a message is waiting (view larger
Easy to set up and does not require additional software or internet services (view larger
Two RJ-11 interface jacks for telephone connection and removable antenna
What is Home Phone Connect?
Home Phone Connect (HPC) uses a wireless solution that provides a convenient and cost-efficient alternative to the traditional landline phone service. Tired of having multiple phone bills? With HPC, you will receive one bill for all Verizon Wireless services. The device provides two telephone ports and uses the same number, so you can keep your existing home phone. To get started, plug one end of a telephone cable (RJ11) into a port and the other end into the back of a home phone or base unit.
How It Works
Customers porting in their home number will not be able to receive calls until the porting process is completed (2 -10 business days). To make and receive calls, the home telephone should be connected directly to the telephone jack until the porting process is complete.
To Make Calls
- Before making a call, make sure at least one of the signal strength indicators are lit up.
- Place a call by entering the desired telephone number. The number will be dialed automatically.
- When your call is complete, hang up or return the phone to the receiver to ensure that you can receive calls.
To Receive Calls
- For customers with new telephone number, simply share your new number with friends & family. When they call, answer the phone connected to your Home Phone Connect device.
- For customers that are porting their existing home number to the Home Phone Connect, do not disconnect your existing home phone.
- Incoming calls will continue to ring on your existing home phone until port is complete.
- You will receive an email (to the email address provided) when the port process is finished.
Caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, 3-way calling, voicemail, access to 411 / 611 / 911, last number callback, and international calling available.
- Take it with you and have your home phone number at your vacation beach cottage.
- No additional software or internet services needed to operate this device.
Certain home security systems may not be compatible with HPC because they require landline telephone connectivity. Make sure you tell customers that many home security providers offer options for a wireless communication feature that bypasses landline telephone connectivity. Customers should check with their home security provider for compatibility requirements of their specific system. Below is a list of other incompatibilities.
- Sending or receiving collect calls.
- Most DSL or dial up internet services
- DVR, Dish Network, and DirecTV
- Medical or life alert dependencies
- Fax and credit card machines
This device weighs 11.6 ounces, measures (H) 1.4 x (W) 5.4 x (D) 4.2 inches, and has an AC-to-DC switching power supply (voltage: 90-300 VAC). The HPC also has a backup battery (Ni-MH 150 mAH) that supports up to 3+ hours of talk time, or up to 43 hours of standby time. It operates on the high quality Verizon Wireless 1x CDMA Network.
What's in the Box
Home Phone Connect device, AC adapter, battery cover, 1500 mAh battery pack, antenna, and instruction manual