5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this product
We have been using this for about 2 years now after replacing our AT&T line, saved us a lot of money.

There have been no problems with the connection and or the quality of the line.

We do live in an area that does have good cell reception - so make sure before you purchase this, that you know what the cell reception is like first.
Published 14 months ago by JAOMom

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Audio Quality. Uses Cellular Service
I had one of these Verizon Home Phone Connect devices and service about a year ago and it was horrible!

Published 16 months ago by Abester

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this product, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Verizon Home Phone Connect (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)

There have been no problems with the connection and or the quality of the line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Audio Quality. Uses Cellular Service, December 13, 2012

I thought it would be a cost effective way to have another phone number independent of our main telephone service that we have through our cable provider. If the cable ever went out due to weather or whatever, we would still have Verizon Home Phone Connect. I also intended to use it as my work phone for my home office and for conference calls.

The Verizon Home Phone Connect relies on their cellular network, which is usually very good in my area, but the audio quality was often worse than my Verizon cellphone. It was noticeably worse than our old telephone company landline and our phone service through our cable provider. The audio quality was especially bad on conference calls if I was even able to dial-in to a conference call at all. The Verizon Home Phone Connect would often mess up the touch tones necessary to enter the conference call ID, passcode, etc. forcing me to redial the touch tones just to get in. It was a joke for business use.

I made adjustments to the system per their tech instructions and even called Verizon a couple times to see if they could improve the audio quality but they couldn't.

The worse part was being forced to pay the early termination penalty to drop their service. Don't get locked into this piece of junk unless it's your only choice for phone service. I'm generally very pleased with my Verizon cellphone service but this Home Phone Connect system is really bad.

I see that AT&T has something similar probably with similar cell service limitations and the usual early termination fees.

Never again!

4.0 out of 5 stars home connectVerizon wireless, January 17, 2013
i got this unit it works supper , but in your area go to a verzion store and find out how it works in your area and it may not work in some
areas well i love it we are runnig 7 wireless phones on it d Gould

5.0 out of 5 stars Great home phone solution with caveats, November 5, 2013
The Verizon HPC is a small little box boasting that it can replace your land line service. And, for the most part, it can--provided you live near a Verizon tower and have a strong signal.

We have two of these units at our location. One in the basement and the other at street level. At street level the unit gets 3 bars and the quality is as good--if not better than--a land line. The other line has 2 bars but the quality is still very acceptable.

One "gotcha" to be aware of with this device is the sign up process. I went to a Verizon store and purchased my unit there. The manager stated that it does not receive texts, which was very observable. However, this little tidbit stood out when it came time for me to register with Verizon to pay the bill on line.

When you register at the Verizon web site for the first time, you are asked to type in your HPC phone number. Then, you can create an account user name along with an email address for communication purposes. Next is the interesting part. When you hit the "next" button, you are asked for a password when one has not been generated yet. The only option you have is to click the "I forgot my password" link. When you do, you are dutifully informed that a temporary password is being sent my snail mail to your home because, apparently, Verizon still thinks this wireless device can receive texts and uses it during the registration process.

You have to wait for days until Verizon mails you a temporary password to reset your account. Unbelievable. So be aware when registering that Verizon will ask for a credential that you haven't even created yet.

I complained to a service rep and he promised to pass this problem along to his superiors. I hope it gets fixed for those who buy the device in the future.

Other than these caveats, this is a superb device that can replace your existing land line at a price that is well below the national average land line cost.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does Save $$, January 10, 2013
Susan (Los Gatos, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Update! Actually has saved me $$ reception is ok, so far worth the money. It's like having another cell phone since you no longer will have a landline.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great paperweight, cost me over 20,000 in damages., March 9, 2014
We have a log home in central Wisconsin and wanted a cellular system for our alarm and freeze alarm. We questioned the Verizon support center to be sure this product would do the job. They said no problem this is exactly what we needed. The coverage would be better with the external antenna and additional power to receive signals. We installed the system and initially had issues, we brought it back and they gave us another one and said it should be fine. Once hooked up we tested it and it appeared to work if it was placed by a window. I questioned the store I purchased it at and they said again everything should be fine and if it did not work I could not get my money back because it was past the time frame to return it and I had a contract. We went to our home after four weeks and found someone had broken in, they left the doors open and the heat ran until all the propane was empty. The boiler shut down and everything in our home was frozen. The entire heating system, toilets, drains, and anything that could freeze was broken. We checked the alarms and both were working fine, however this device would not allow the call to be made. I will now see if Verizon will cancel my contract and take back this piece of junk. Probably not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save time and money- DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT-, January 13, 2013
John D Howell (Jacksonville, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This is the worst phone product I have ever tried- I am retired and have multiple health problems.
I bought a retirement home in a very rural area with very very bad cell phone service. Verizon's coverage map said they had the best service by using the "Home Phone Connect" service that would work in such an isolated area. I read the available information and made the purchase. The product arrived in just a few days. On my next trip to my retirement home (60 miles away) on July 4Th holiday weekend, I installed the equipment- I never could get the equipment to work. Called and called customer service, tech service etc. After many many calls a technician said I always needed to dial a 10 digit security code then wait for a connection that was for available and then dial the phone (7 or 10 digit phone number) I intended to call. On my next visit to my retirement home -some 60 miles away, I tried for three days to get the "Home Phone Connect" system to work for the second time. No luck!
A person who has multiple health problems needs emergency services- THIS PHONE SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE- Do yourself a favor- DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT- Also Verizon's customer service is non-existent. Verizon took the "HOME PHONE CONNECT" system back- however tried to charge me a $250 restock fee. I am still fighting with Verizon after 6 months, local collector are hired by Verizon that harass me for restock fees. The defective equipment was returned to them in August 2012 6 months ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than Any home Phone! I LOVE IT!, May 30, 2013
amazonian (Lexington, KY USA) - See all my reviews
All the negative reviews have me thinking they aren't real, I mean, they could be but I have the Verizon home connect and it works beautifully. I am in the area of course that receives verizon services and I couldn't ask for better quality or service and that's saying a lot given I am not a big fan of any mobile phone company. While Verizon to me is generally over priced on their cell phone coverage, that's why I use another company for my cell phone, Verizon is the BEST hands down and if I was rich or had money to throw away, I would use Verizon for my cell phone too. I never have any issues with Verizon home connect. They also have a satisfaction guarantee, so use that and stop complaining! :")

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Sound Quality, April 17, 2014
I have had it for about 8 months and can't wait to return to my old landline. The landline was always clear and the Home Connect gives
garbled speech most of the time. I have read other reviews similar to mine. If you have any problem hearing, and need clarity, do not
purchase this unit. The only good thing is that you can port the phone system with you when traveling, which is why i bought it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful reception, March 24, 2014
This connection is so bad my kids won't call me any more, they call my cell phone. Sound from caller is bad and the callers are constantly saying excuse me, what did you say ? Should have gone with my Cable service home phone service.

ARRAY(0xa49e9ac8)