Verizon is the BIGGEST Rip-off of all time!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2008 11:33:57 AM PST
I am warning everybody! Do Not Get Verizon wireless phones! The bills are no less thn $400.00 a month. Not for just the first month either. They are ripping off my family like there is no tomorrow. There will be no tomorrow if you get this stinkin phone plan. Even the people who work there will try to get you to spend more! This is such a travesty. I went to the website to complain but you cannot unless you give all of your info. including the last four digits of your social security number. I hope people will wisen up and stop paying their bills period. That's right VERIZON I want people to stiff you for their BIL. Paying $400.00 a month is astronomical for a phone bill. Plus on my daughters bill there are charges for phone calls she never made! We will be in the poor house soon. Everything is over our head. The middle class will soon be part of the homeless THANKS TO YOU VERIZON!!! I will tell everyone I know about YOUR service, and warn every place I Can On the INTERNET of how bad you really are!! I hope you drop dead Verizon!!! I hope everyone will Not Pay Their Bills!!!! See how You Like going bankrupt!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2008 3:45:25 AM PDT
Not to upset you, but I have never had a bill over 90.00 in 3 years. Thats for a 3 phone family plan 700 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2008 11:35:48 AM PDT
We know. We know. Your upset. You didn't change your plan before the entire party on your bill talked double the amount of alloted time. We've all had it happen once or twice - if you are paying the bill make sure to manage the amount of minutes alloted because cell phone companies (not just Verizon) will do this to death.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2008 4:48:08 AM PDT
sw168 says:
I have to agree... the only time our family plan has ever gone over $100.00 is when we talked too much and went over our minutes. Verizon actually called us and gave us a chance to upgrade our plan to more minutes before the billing cycle ended, thus avoiding the overage charges. We had the upgraded plan for the one month, then downgraded back to our original plan - it was easy and there were no catches. Verizon has good coverage, that's why people stay with them even though they're more expensive. I have yet to be anywhere I couldn't get a signal - even out in the woods camping or on the river fishing! To me, that's priceless.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2008 6:28:19 PM PDT
I had Cingular (AT&T), Sprint, and Verizon. Verizon has been the best. When one person texted too much and ran up the bill, Verizon called and offered to add the $10/mo texting option retroactively (crediting the high texting costs). I cannot agree with you; I have had Verizon 5 years now and can't see changing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2009 10:00:15 AM PST
jwalt5 says:
Lady- you need help- really need help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2009 10:31:51 AM PST
L. Williams says:
I have asked Verizon on four occasions to put blocks on my phones for anything that is outside of my plan. Such as internet,ring tones, games, etc...each month we get data charges. I call them and complain. They have given me a $30 credit one time for "the misunderstanding" I called them again this month with the same complaint. All I got was sorry no one put a block on the phones. We do not use data and they can not provide proof that we have. Even if data was used, why was it allowed? My plan is supposed to be a family share, we have never gone over our minutes. The total bill with tax is to be $120. Each month it is near $200 or more. One time I paid all of my bill except .50 cents. I simply made an error with payment. They suspended service on both phones and then charged me $15 per phone to reconnect. I hate this company with a passion! I am buying out of my contract and taking my business elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2009 6:43:31 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 5, 2009 6:44:38 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2009 9:35:06 PM PDT
Irene says:
I agree with you. I called Verizon to dispute the automatic monthly fee that is charged to the account for services I did not request. The rep told me I could save additional money by changing plans without any loss of services. I stupidly listened and trusted , so I wound up paying an additional $170 plus tax in data calls, when I specifically told the rep I needed unlimited data. WARNING - If you switch plans , make sure you look at the charges daily to make sure you are not getting ripped off.

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 4:39:12 AM PDT
Yeah, right. I have had Verizon for such a long time now. The other one was for my crappy Nextel that you couldn't get a signal anywhere. I have a family plan and have yet to go over. My bill is less than 100 a month. If you can't manage your minutes and are one of those who looks like they were born with a phone stuck to their ear, then don't complain. What do you think, it's only VZW that charges for overage? The only thing that I don't like about VZW is that they don't have the iPhone. I've never had a dropped call. I don't even know what that means. And about getting your service cut off for .50, I don't believe a word of that. There have been times we've been a whole month behind with no problem. Of course we make it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2010 3:39:13 PM PDT
NJS says:
The ONLY reason I am still with Verizon is because the service is better. They will rip you off by charging for services you do not want or need, and did not authorize. I went over our bill with a fine tooth comb this week when it came. For at least 4 months they have been charging $30.00 a month for a data package on my husbands phone. He does not have a smart phone, and has had the same phone for 3+ years, and uses it for no other purpose than phone calls. I got a smart phone in December and knew I had the data pkg., but we never authorized or wanted the package for his phone. We were not even aware it was there. They just snuck it in. I called Verizon about it and they said they would remove it from his phone and give us a partial credit for this month. What about the other $90.00 they ripped us off for??

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2010 9:15:03 AM PDT
Jimmy says:
i have never had a bill that was supposed to be what the contact was for!!!! and i thought by getting an unlimited plan would help......not the case not only do i pay more for the plan which i was ok with but they still "service" me with all kinds of unexplainable charges.....and to top it off my cell phone was shut off for a few weeks due to me loosing my job and falling behind on bills i paid the 3xx.xx bill to get caught up and then i was charged an extra 3xx.xx to reconnect!!! so i have been reading alot of complaint blogs and realize that alot of rebuttals and or opponents to these complaints seem to be employees in fact i would bet they have a department dedicated for complaint blogs...(they can afford it)........and im also willing to bet that any of these people that may legitimately sticking up for verizon are also getting charged for something that they dont realize or understand....now i would never claim to know everything about verizon or the world but i shouldn't have to go over my bill with a "fine toothed comb" every month because if im not diligent enough verizon will rip me off thats what contracts are for......and with that being said i am in no way a lawyer nor should i need to hire one to decipher a contract for a phone! so i'm not saying verizon rips us off illegally because like i said i'm not a lawyer but i will say they are doing it legally......unfortunately when alot of people rebut a complaint thats being posted i don't think they "if they are legit" take in to consideration that other people have different experiences with verizon than there own so before you rally the troops to uphold your allegiance to the mighty verizon think about that! you may be having a wonderful experience with verizon and i hope you are but it's not like that for every one........this is a rant not court so i'm not going to lay down my facts and numbers because i really dont think i need to as i'm one of the millions........jimmy l.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2010 9:18:59 AM PDT
Jimmy says:
and i'm not much of a writer so yes my rant runs on......

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2010 1:54:22 PM PDT
E. M. Hoefs says:
My bill averages no more than $75/mth, man. I am clueless as to where you get your figures from. By the way you explain things, you are paying for multiple services. You might need to check your kids services and do some cutting back.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:39:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 8, 2012 2:41:09 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 7:11:31 PM PDT
Dorie LaRue says:
How about over a thousand for Verizon cell and wireless? I am not paying either. They also tacked on my cancellation fee twice.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 6:28:23 PM PDT
fedup says:
Verizon is a very shrewd carnival act involving multiple shell games at every single turn and the con never lets up.

I asked Verizon if they could put us in a 3 phone family plan and keep us under a $160 budget and they agreed. Not one bill in 2 years has been within budget in spite of every effort short of strangling a service representative and throwing the phones out the window.

We had to go back and fight with them over billing for this, and for that, and stuff we never planned for nor used. Third party billing kept showing up on our bill in spite of repeated trips to the store to have it blocked and there was no acceptance of responsibility by Verizon for this 3rd party crap that we neither subscribed for nor used. My phone is switched off ˝ time as I work out of country and use the foreign cell company to call home.

When our daughter wanted to change her physical phone they started billing us for 4 phones and have been ever since. We didn't ask for a fourth line: only a change in telephones and we bought that unit separately.

When one of our telephones got stolen they did assist with severing the connection but to have the line continued for our use . . . oh no . . . that would be extra. We are now paying for 4 telephones but only have 1 that is functional (2 when I get home) . . . the math with these folks is screwy and there is only one way to fix it.

The last bill is over $240 and oh yes, it is the last bill, the con game with Verizon ends for us this next month.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 11:15:58 AM PST
JelicoCat says:
Also be aware that Verizon will not refund you even if they sell you a device that turns out that the whole entire stock on a model is bad. They will flat out tell you that they can not refund or even swap it out for a different model. You are stuck and verizon will refuse to do the right thing.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 3:18:06 PM PST
For two months my internet usage all most doubled and when I complained I was told that I must be doing something wrong when in fact I cut back because I did not want to pay the extra usage fee . Then I was told by a tec to use the internet like I always do and she would make sure I did not get billed and she would call me back on the 8th of the month , but true to form I got no call and I sent her 3 emails asking what was up , but no replay and I was billed for the overages I called to complain and this person in the billing dept said they were sorry and could not stop this month billing , but would take it off next months bill plus a few dollars more to make up for the problem so I will see next month what happens . If they don't live up to their word they have seen the last of me. Buy the way my internet usage is back to normal , but they won't tell why .

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 1:16:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 24, 2013 1:16:35 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 7:13:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2013 7:19:10 PM PDT
Shutterbug55 says:
Both my husband and I had upgraded our phones about three years ago. Well I was up for a discounted upgrade but my husband still had 2 more months. Well he asked when can he upgrade and even though they told him 2 months, they gave him a full discounted upgrade. The thing that piss me off is when we got our bill after the upgrade. There was a 3rd line on our bill. So, I called Verizon and told them that someone's phone is on my bill. Well to my surprise they added a 3rd line without telling us because my husband upgraded 2 months earlier. So I guess this was to compensate for the early upgrade. I told them that we were not told about this or we would have waited two more months on his upgrade. So we were forced to pay for a line that we didn't use for two years. Ten extra dollar's a month and we were ripped off for 240.00 in two years. We are still with Verizon because they have the best coverage in my area when other carriers don't. I'm just more careful now when upgrading and I make sure to ask questions so I don't get caught in that trap again. And all those accessories they try to sell you at a high price that is outrageous. I can buy the same products at Amazon or Cellphoneshop.com so much cheaper.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2014 2:17:00 PM PDT
Linda S. says:
Yes, Verizon is a crooked organization. Waited for my 2 year contract for the hotspot internet service to be up. It took 4 phone calls to end service with them. Then had to call back & battle with them to get my refund of a service charge that is made one month in advance. Of note, they drop the "paid one month in advance" description after the first couple of months billing. The charge is still there, but believe they want you to forget about it being in advance so they won't have to refund at the end of the contract. Also had text charges from them & never had cell phone service with them, only internet service. Belly up - that's my wish for Verizon!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 21, 2014

Search Customer Discussions