5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Concealed Carry Holster - Highly Recommended
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:44 Mins
Published 20 months ago by C. Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Break this in!
Published 10 months ago by Celacom

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Concealed Carry Holster - Highly Recommended, December 1, 2012
This review is from: VersaCarry ZeroBulk Ambidextrous Inside the Waistband Gun Holster for 9mm/3.0-Inch Barrel (Sports)
Length:: 4:44 Mins

This VersaCarry "Inside the Waistband" gun holster is a well designed and very effective concealed carry holster. I have concealed carry permit and have been carrying almost every day for roughly 20 years. During this time I have had the opportunity to try a lot of different handgun and holster combinations and know what is going to work, at least for my needs. Here are my observations:

Note: See video, which covers several different models

Pros-
+ Quality; this is a well designed and well made holster
+ Size; this is a very minimalistic design that adds very little additional bulk over the pistol's frame, making it very concealable and reducing "printing" (the term used when the pistol outline can be determined through clothing)
+ Functionality; this works very well, holding the pistol securely while still allowing for a rapid draw when needed
+ Ambidextrous; this is important since I am left-handed and my son is right-handed
+ Optional Trigger Guard; while I choose not to use it on the one for my medium sized Bersa, I do like it on the one for my 1911, so it is nice to have the option

Cons-
- Tiny Instructions; very hard to read with my aging eyes, but not a serious issue since I keep a magnifying glass on hand
- Can Not Holster Pistol When Worn; the pistol must be put in the holster before placing it in your waistband and once drawn, the holster must be removed before the pistol can be reholstered
- Pistol Has Direct Skin Contact; this places the pistol directly against the body

The few minor issues are negligible concerns when compared to the functionality and comfort this holster provides, making this the best "In the Waistband" holster I have found for very deep concealment.

Highly Recommended!

CFH

Note: Sample provided by manufacturer for review

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice minimalist holster, January 25, 2013
This products arrived fast and did exactly what it said. I bought this for a ruger lc9 and it sits a little high in the waistband. Small may be a better choice than extra small to get it to sit a little lower. All in all I would definately recommend this product... Just in a different size

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, September 11, 2012
This is a must have for the conceal carriers. Very simple in design and no bulk. I may use a leather one in the winter because of bulkier clothes and cold steel on my waist band. I may not because I have not had it in the winter yet. highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Break this in!, October 1, 2013
Celacom (Los Angeles CA) - See all my reviews
Great idea... but for me, my LC9's barrel seemed fused to the yellow plastic rod... at first, it was almost impossible to get it off. I left it on for a couple of weeks as it says in the directions, but it was still very very hard to pull. The packaging says I have the right "holster", but it sure feels like it should be for a larger diameter barrel. I've now worked it back and forth about 40-50 times (not fun) and it's better, but not what I'd call anything near easy. Best advice: do not rely on this when new - you'll just be pulling up your pants because it won't release. Might update after I work it another 40 or 50 times... you'll also see that higher up on the long rectangular plastic piece that it rubs against the slide - I can see it wearing on the plastic. Just disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, innovative., May 9, 2013
This holster, if you can call it that? Is great, it hides my beretta nano quite well!

My only gripe is this, when you holster the gun, it likes to push the slide back a bit so you have to be careful to keep your thumb on the back of the slide as you set your gun into the versacarry. Also, it does like to move around a bit on the belt and you cannot adjust the cant, which i'm not a fan of.

But if you need a light, easily concealable holster on the go, this is a good product for that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Concealment holster out there, December 13, 2012
The Versacarry is the best concealment holster I've found, and it is impressively priced as well. It is comfortable and durable, and the profile is as low as it gets. I have tried shoulder holsters, inside the waistband neoprene, inside the waistband leather, and belt mounted solutions, and this one beats them all. Need an excellent concealed carry option? This is the holster for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong, November 3, 2012
Have been using this holster with my sig 290 since the day I got it. Perfect for the person who doesn't want a bulky iwb carry. Weapon is held in place securely and is still easy enough to draw. Seems very durable and look forward to years of use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Versacarry with Walther PPQ, March 25, 2013
The Versacarry works well with the PPQ if you make a minor modification. Without the modification the guard will angle away from the line of the gun. To overcome this it is necessary to cut one of the two provided fillers exactly in half (from the center of one dimple to the center of the opposite dimple). Then epoxy either half to the vertical shaft of the Versacarry just in front of the gun's breach and even with the forward edge of the shaft. Doing so will bring the shield in line with the pistol. Once I did that I found the Versacarry a pleasure to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not seem safe, May 11, 2014
When I attempted to slide my barrel on at the 45 degree angle as per the instructions it started to scrape a lot of plastic off the post. I felt that I needed to push way to hard so I stopped halfway because it was damaging the post past the point that felt it was not safe to continue. I like the concept of the product and if the post was a hard rubber and not plastic I believe it would be a safer to slide a pistol on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Joke of a product, February 27, 2014
First time trying it and plastic clip broke.

There is a note that comes with that says please return to manufacture if you have any problems so I did. Now Amazon will not give me my money back.

Rate and Discover Movies