4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and conceals well
I bought this for my Springfield XDs 45 and it works well. I have worn it all day several times and never even noticed it was there. It is versatile (hence versacarry) in where you keep it, feels sturdy when holstered, and draws fine.

Published 16 months ago by Chad Hensley

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 10-15 draws
Published 3 months ago by Kyle Saelee

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and conceals well, March 5, 2013

The only two downsides to this style holster is that you basically have to undo your pants to reholster it, and I also have to wear a shirt underneath to keep it off my body. The maintenance will increase because you must clean your pistol more often as it is exposed to sweat etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Carrying System....ever!, May 31, 2012
This holster is by far the most efficient carrying system. Don't let the simplicity fool you. I carry in the small of the back and with the Versacarry holster, I can drive, sit, run very comfortably. The trick however is getting the right size for your gun. I discovered mine at a gun show and have been impressing my (firearm owning) friends ever since.

5.0 out of 5 stars VersaCarry, April 18, 2012
The simplicity of these holsters is what makes them work so well. I have 3 of these holsters. The model for my 380 Bodyguard makes carring this pistol almost invisible and so easy to draw. I have been wearing this hoster with shorts and a polo shirt, and there is no "printing" noticed. You have to try one to see how good it feels and ease of access. I will be recommending this to my shooting friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is and it works as intended, December 30, 2013
C. R. Carter (Worthington, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Versacarry Inside the Waistband Ambidextrous Gun Holster for .45 Cal Barrels (Sports)
This holster does exactly what it was designed to do. Carry your concealed weapon in a safe and secure manner in as small a holster as possible.

A lot of the reviews complain that you have to undo your pants to put the holster on. Depending on your build, this could be true. I have found that undoing my belt is sufficient, at least with a pair of jeans. You won't be doing a lot of quick draws and showing off for your friends (and you shouldn't anyway). Practice with the holster in the privacy of your home, then put the weapon in/on the Versacarry and go on with your business. If you need to draw it, it will draw quick and easy, provided you follow the directions and have a proper carry platform (belt).

Other complaints are that the weapon is exposed to your skin if you don't wear a shirt under the Versacarry. This is true. It isn't a CrossBreed and isn't marketed as one. I have a CrossBreed and it is at least 5 times heavier and 10 times larger. There are times that it is more appropriate for my needs than the Versacarry, but there are other times the Versacarry fits my needs.

There is no "one size fits all" holster for any weapon or individual. They all have advantages and disadvantages and there are tradeoffs for all of them. If you want a small easily concealed holster, this may very well fit your needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars MFGR. RECOMMENDED IN- correct size, February 28, 2014
Versa carry web site said size "S" for Taurus Millenium Pro .45 that has 3-1/4" bbl. This is INCORRECT.

SHOULD HAVE SAID ORDER SIZE "X SMALL" FOR 3-1/4" BBL.

THEY WANTED EXTRA SHIPPING TO MAKE THIS RIGHT AND SHIP XS SIZE

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 10-15 draws, April 10, 2014
I was practicing draws with my 4" Kimber 1911 as I always do with every holster (if you want to call this a holster?) when the "almost indestructible" plastic snapped at the 80* angle. The clip and trigger guard do their job, as well as the Delrin, however the long board of plastic seems a little flimsy (and was). I read that a few people used this as an OTWB holster, however when I tried it, my 1911 slung left and right, may work as OTWB with smaller pistols with less weight.

I did 10-15 back to back quick draws with my 1911 and the VersaCarry in the small of my back when I heard a snap (whoopsies!). I'm sure if I contacted VersaCarry, they would've sent me a replacement, but I didn't bother.

I definitely don't want to risk drawing quickly in the heat of a confrontation, only to be surprised by the Delrin "barrel retention rod" stuck in my barrel.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue! I almost didn't care to write a review, since it only cost me $20, but writing this might save a life or two.

Stay frosty!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Conceal carry product, July 3, 2013
Works as advertised. Have a full size .45 that I can conceal quite well thanks to the design. The handle of the pistol sticks up just enough so you can get a good grip. It holds the barrel of the gun quite firmly, yet not too firmly that the gun is difficult to remove. I would recommend this product to anyone who is serious about conceal carry.

5.0 out of 5 stars IWB Holster, February 22, 2013
The Versacarry Holster is excellent. Clever design. Small and extremely lightweight. I am able to carry a full size 1911 with a 5" barrel concealed and comfortably. These holsters are color coded for caliber (Barrel insert is Blue for .45) and are interchangeable to be left handed or right handed.Easy on and off. I'm very satisfied. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars For XDS, get the "Small", March 11, 2014
Jay (Iowa, USA) - See all my reviews
Ended up buying two of these, one in .45 extra small, as rec'd on the Versacarry website, and then another in just "small". The small version fits the gun much better; the trigger cover lines up better and the firearm rides lower, which I prefer.

All in all, a nice, lightweight idea for CCW. Just wish the sizing was more accurate.

4.0 out of 5 stars unique and growing on me, December 18, 2013
Medic440 (BALLSTON LAKE, NEW YORK, US) - See all my reviews
At first i was apprehensive about this holster for the only reason off my gun (xds) dosent have an external safety and this dosent cover both sides of the trigger guard. To me that just seams like a disaster waiting to happen. But then i found myself grabbing this when i was running out to the store or gas station real quick and wanting to have a gun on me and every time it works. I am very cautious about holstering it. (the gun needs to be holstered first then you insert it in your pants.) The couple of down sides are its not as comfortable as a high grade leather/kydex holster and you cant reholster. On the postive side its great for a grab and go.

Versacarry Inside the Waistband Ambidextrous Gun Holster for .45 Cal Barrels