5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven on a Pommegranate
Published on October 16, 2006 by Heather Amelia

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the gamble
Published on January 19, 2012 by EVT

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the gamble, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Versace Bright Crystal By Gianni Versace For Women, Eau De Toilette Spray, 3-Ounce Bottle (Health and Beauty)
I was hoping that since I was actually buying from Amazon and not a secondary seller that my bottle of Bright Crystal would not be a knock off. I was wrong! I have my one bottle of bright crystal purchased at a cosmetic store to compare directly with my amazon version that I received today. The amazon bottle is overpowering with the smell of alcohol. NOT at all like the true fragrance. What a disappoinment Amazon - you should stand by the integrity of your products!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven on a Pommegranate, October 16, 2006
I've looked for the perfect scent for years...and Bright Crystal just blew me away. There aren't any overbearing base notes - the ones that we're sick of when our perfume wears a little while. It's completely unpretentious and fresh without being so light it doesn't have character. The pommegranate is what does it. I smelled it over and over on my skin and couldn't figure out what that extra little kick/twist was and that's it! Alright - and the peony in place of the standard gardenia. How can I further it? It's perfectly layered, never bite-y and it doesn't take until it dries to emit the fragrance you're looking for. You could wear it night or day in my opinion - it's so classy. In my opinion, it's as if perfume makers were struggling to go in that scent direction (peony, gardenia, rose etc.), and versace finally got there.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT REAL. just pay the full price at macy's, December 18, 2011
Mir "Mom of boy" (California foothills) - See all my reviews
BUMMED.
I rarely buy perfume, it's a treat. i tried to save money, and I suffered for it. you cannot return perfume to Amazon. I am so pissed off. it smells like alcohol and lasts about 3 minutes....NOT VERSACE, RIP OFF.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, February 10, 2010
C. Pettit (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the perfume At Macy's, later saw it on Amazon for half the price. I thought it to be a "no-brainer". So I returned the department store one & ordered the one off of Amazon! When the box arrived it seemed, at first to be the same. Then I noticed there were 2 slits on the top of the box, covered with silver tape. Opened it, sprayed it. It had a small, hint of a scent. Barely.
I've not used it much since I got it, 2 months ago, but after my shower today, sprayed it. Now, it has no smell at all!! NONE!
And this item CANNOT BE RETURNED!! Go figure. I rate this -10 stars!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: this is a knock-off, January 9, 2012
I ordered this for my wife for Christmas from Amazon because it was about half the cost of the department stores. It was terrible to find out that I had been duped. She knows her perfume & was able to show me several ways to see that this is a fake (only after I asked). One easy to see discrepancy between this product & the real thing is: if you look at the packaging in the lower left corner it says, "90ml e". the real perfume bottle should read, "e 90ml." And it isn't just the packaging that is off with this product. The scent smells like Bright Crystal mixed with rubbing alcohol. Even I could smell the alcohol. So, if you are looking for a cheap imitation, this is it. If you want an authentic bottle, go to a department store.

1.0 out of 5 stars The cologne is fake!, December 13, 2010
The cologne is fake! I would like my money back. I will be contacting amazon unless I recieve my money back. I am more than happy to return the product. Contect me at yuanmai@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars I Started Buying This in Store..., October 1, 2010
Jenny T. (Middleton, WI) - See all my reviews
After the first time I tried the scent out from a sample, I had to have it, so I bought it in store and paid 2-3 times more. I used to wear Clinique Happy, but as I got older, that just seemed like a very young scent and I much prefer the sophisticated but feminine scent of Versace Bright Crystal.

I'm not sure where the other reviewers got their perfume, but I purchased the one offered directly through Amazon with the super saver shipping it's the real deal. Nothing fake, no diluted scent, no issues whatsoever. Don't buy from the independent sellers.

It's long-lasting. Although you may not smell on yourself after a while - trust me, it's there - I get compliments on it all day long - even after a 12 hour day at the office or after hours in the heat.

I'm a single 20-something and dates seem to go gaga over this scent and it's permanently embedded in my linens, clothing, car, etc. just from how often I wear it - the scent lingers in my closet and on my mattress and pillows so even after I wash everything, it's still around - which I love! You may even want to spritz a tiny bit on your closet rail or your pillows before you put on the pillow case and for half price, you can afford to use a few sprays here and there like that.

Perfumes change with your own body chemistry so I recommend trying it on in a store first or getting a sample before you purchase.

Very pleased with this purchase and will continue to buy my perfume this way. I'm about due for another bottle.

Also, do try to purchase it in the winter, the heat and shipping time will impact the scent.

By the way, I purchased the 3oz one for $45.99 - I'm not sure if the different options (1.5oz/3oz, boxed/unboxed) make a difference on which one is real and which one is a knock-off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt smell at all- obviously fake!!! waste of money!!!, June 26, 2011
I love Versace and then i decided to buy it here! But i still have the leftovers of my older Versace that i bought in store and i compared the two of them:one from Nordstrom and the on from Amazon. The one from Amazon has scent for couple min and thats all. The one from nordstrom smells long and it take just a bit of it!!! I am very disappointed. This is definetly fake!!!!Waste of money!!! Dont get fooled by cheap price , it doesnt worth it!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars In a million years, I would never have believed Amazon would sell a fake, November 24, 2011
...but I purchased a 3oz Versace Bright Crystal recently and it is positively not the real deal. It faintly has the same aroma so there is likely a touch of the real thing in there, but it has an overpowering amount of rubbing alcohol added. My guess is that it's a 1 to 5 ratio of fragrance to alcohol (at most).

I have trusted in Amazon for a very long time and I have never questioned the quality of their products. So much so, that even though I read the numerous reviews that this product was a fake, I thought "no way - not Amazon", and ordered anyway. And of course, fragrances are non-returnable so I have been taken with no recourse.

Don't do it. From now on I'll pay the extra and buy it at a retail department store.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE PRODUCT, April 1, 2008
A. Schek (Aventura, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I can't believe this... The letters on the bottle fall off, it looks like a fake product. I contacted Amazon and the only think they would offer is a $8 rebate... now I am stucked with a fake parfume.. NOT GOOD

$88.00 $44.38
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.