Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

I received a Versace Apollo watch for review and wasn't sure what to expect. The pictures in the Amazon listing made the face appear plain and the time difficult to read. In addition, from the illustration this watch seemed to lack the detail I would have expected in a designer timepiece. Once I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised! The watch exceeded my expectations based on pictures in the Amazon listing.

The watch face is subtly embossed with the classic Versace, I think they call it Greca, pattern. The watch face isn't a flat white as it appears in the photo but appears slightly iridescent. I believe Versace calls it "sunray". All I know is it, along with the highly polished hands; it gives the watch an exquisite appearance that is also easy to read.

The packaging is important because watches like this are frequently given as gifts. In this case, the quality of the packaging is on par with its contents. Everything combines to give a feeling of subtle sophistication.

I've included a video to show the impressive packaging along with the details of the watch which you can't see in the listing. I recommend watching it at "full screen".

Despite being stainless steel, the watch is only about an ounce heavier than some titanium watches I own and it looks a heck of a lot dressier. In addition, at only 0.3" thick it has a classic size without being bulky. Both the watch and bracelet have a finish that exhibits quality I would expect to see in something costing several times more.
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2015
This watch is so elegant and beautiful. It's a steal at this price! I started buying Gucci watches before I started looking at Versace , wish I would of looked at Versace first. My gucci watches don't even compare
review image review image
on December 18, 2015
I purchased this watch on heavy discount during one of Amazon's lightning specials. After receiving the watch, and getting it properly sized, I have to say I very much enjoy the look of it. I tend to receive several compliments on it a week, and it definitely works for a variety of different looks and outfits.

One major complaint I have with the product is with the band. It is very prone to scratching, and finding a replacement is nearly impossible. I'd highly recommend looking into getting a less expensive, but equally attractive band to place on it to avoid damaging the Versace band that comes with it.
on December 18, 2015
This timepiece is sexy, classy, and noticeably beautiful in a way that doesn't make you look like you are standing out. The face is nothing short of elegant and masculine at the same time. I've only been wearing it two days and received several compliments. I love this watch and definitely will be upgrading to the silver Apollo when I can afford it! Even though this one looks exactly like
review image
on August 15, 2015
Bought this as a gift and he loves it! It has a large face so you don't have to squint to see the time and it looks absolutely gorgeous on his wrist! As for endurance...don't know yet because I only bought it a couple of months ago...but it seems to keep perfect time as well.
on January 1, 2015
Purchased as a birthday gift for the hubby. Says it's one of his favorite watches! It's on the thin side, as opposed to thick and clunky, and is smooth and classic with both shiny finishes and matte ones. Very happy with this watch!
on April 9, 2015
It is the watch I wear every day. Unlike Rolex who makes a dark stainless steel, this one is alive, almost platinum in its reflectivity. The dial especially has a bright 'looks like white gold' look to it (it's matte).
on December 6, 2014
The quality is evident. Great looking watch, superb quality
on February 26, 2015
I gave this as a gift and he loves it!
on June 23, 2014
beautiful and big enough, I though it is a good present, of course I buy it during the big promotion.
11 comment1 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse