Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on February 25, 2013
I've been an apple iTouch guy for years. I bought a Nexus 7 and got hooked. This mini pc will make a cheap flat screen into a smart tv which look the same as a Nexus tablet. My parents are aging, their laptop computer died and they were looking at a new laptop at $700. WHAT!!!! they're retired 85 years young and they get the whole apps thing. So I took over this mini pc and a wireless keyboard over, plugged it into they're flat screen. In less than an hour they were set up and emailing their friends. Thus the reason I've had to buy another mini pc.... FYI - it works with MagicJack, Netflix, Facebook and everthing else. I strongly suggest you also buy the [BobjGear USB to RJ45 Ethernet adapter] It's plug and play, no setting up needed and it makes websurfing fast. If you want to add hard drives and thumb drives to the mini pc, buy a powered USB hub with at lease 2.5Amps power supply. Oh, one other plus for my folks that travel. Plug this mini pc into a hotel tv and use the WiFi in the room. Everything your use to at home, is there in your hotel room. That include the MagicJack, thus if a person calls your home phone number, it will ring in the hotel room. Cool huh!
55 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
I have used it now for 2 weeks and can't find words to praise this tiny device. Video streaming of live TV from my vulkano device is little out of sync with audio sometimes which is not as bad as i had earlier on different android tablet. It looks like an issue with vulkano app on android otherwise video is crisp and clear on my 1080p TV.

I have also tried streaming movies from the hard disk attached to my router and it's smooth as i expected. Wifi is solid all the time without any connection drops. Bluetooth is working very well with the bluetooth headset. I downloaded tons of apps from Google play store and it was lightning fast to get the apps installed on it.

I watch netfilx movies through it and picture quality is perfect.

I have added a USB hub to connect external hard disk and 2.4 Ghz wireless remote to the usb port on the device.

I have not experienced any issue with it so far. I must say that i'm very impressed with this tiny deive so far and it has met all my expectations so far.
99 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
This was exactly what I expected... for one month. Then it went into boot loop.

I didn't root it, I didn't changed the firmware, I only installed these apps from Google Play: Netflix and Angry Birds. I didn't turn it off by unplugging it; I've always used the switch off button in the task-bar. Still, it went into boot loop for no reason.

I contacted the manufacturer and didn't get any answer back.
66 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
The differences can be subtle, but the swift boot-time and the snappy menu movement makes this an absolute pleasure to use.

I bought an MK802 II for half the price, and after a week of stuttering on mouse input and jittery menu switches, I thought "there has to be something smoother."

It took me about three minutes to download and install all of the week's accumulated app's from the Google Play store. It had a better bundle of programs, right out Of the box.

Haven't yet tested Bluetooth, and my next goal is to find which media players offer hardware acceleration (I've personally seen 1080p video played on these without choppiness, and all visuals are scaled down to 720p output, but the person complaining about choppy playback probably didn't optimize for player strengths, file formats, etc ... Some things just arent hardware-powered and it tries to muscle through with tiny CPU power.)

In all, 2x performance is worth the 2x cost, to me. Only thing I'm missing is the third USB port from the MK802. But the UG007 shows much promise.
on November 16, 2013
Pretty smooth. This was a gift for my father who had is laptop die on him. He loves his big HDTV, so I thought this would be a good replacement of his rare computer use. This works for everything he needs. Browses Facebook, pays bills, checks emails. All with a remote keyboard + trackpad. He says it crashes occasionally, so next time I go there, I will be updating the Android OS and see if that helps.
on February 12, 2013
I bought this to stream IP security cameras to my TV and it works well with the many IP camera apps in the GooglePlay store. Also great for streaming Netflix. As of 2 days ago I could not stream HuluPlus which appears to be an issue with Hulu, not the device. There is an error message in the Hulu app saying it is unavailable but it looks like they may add support for it in the future.
on March 14, 2014
Here is what i ordered ( UG007 - 8G mini PC TV Dongle, Quad-Core RK3066 1.6GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB Internal SD storage, Google Android 4.2, HDMI, 1080P, integrated WiFi and Bluetooth ) waited from February 18, to March 14 and here is what i got ( some clone of UG007 - 8G mini PC TV Dongle, Duel-Core RK3066 1.6GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB Internal SD storage, Google Android 4.1 integrated WiFi and Bluetooth ) can you say Bait & Switch.
And I am sad to say that i fell for this crap twice now and on this turn they didn't pack all of the accessory that comes with it ( Hdmi extension and US standard power adapter ) . Also lets kill the myth of 1080p playback because this duel-core stick can barely play 720p without skipping and the Bluetooth don't work with everything that include BT mics, cams etc.

So in closing this is so wrong that some company would blatantly do this to customers and think they can get away clean and shock that it's happening on amazon.
on January 14, 2013
Android on your TV, works great with Google store. As far as my experience with it, WIFI is poor, it crash a few times on me on different apps like Netflix and Google chrome but however it able to stream movies fairly well with pretty good screen resolution. It does get warm but not too hot. It looks and feels like a cheap piece of plastic. Mine has scratches marks on it out of the box and you can see where it was poorly cut from the plastic molding. Well for $70 bucks you get what you pay from China.
on January 25, 2013
I almost bought the white model that was slightly less powerful. I decided to go ahead and get this one since i was using my Amazon points. I really like the device! I installed Plex and HBOGO and my BrightHouse apps on it and it works like a charm. I will probably be getting another one since my kids want to use this on their TV all the time.

UPDATE: I have had to request a return for my Android Stick. Once I removed the device from one TV to install it on another it decided to go belly up. It will initially show Tux (the linux penguin) in the upper left hand corner. Then it switches to the splash screen displaying R-BOX. At this point it hangs. I let it go for a while to see if it just needed time to reconnect or something. No dice. I hope to exchange it for another one to try again. I really liked it but I hope this was just a case of getting one of the few bad ones. I'll update again soon
on April 18, 2013
Okay, this is a plastic device. The casing is definitely not the highest quality, it feels fragile. I have a heckuva time extracting the optional micro-SD card and the reset hole is hard to use while simultaneously unpowering/powering on the device. On the plus side, once you place a large micro-SD card in, you likely won't need to extract it and the reset hole is far better than the old method of having to mess with the innards to reset. The plastic casing looks fragile, and I considered purchasing one of the aluminum covered android sticks, but I've heard of other models having wifi problems and this one has better wifi reception than my 4g smartphone.

The UI that came with the stick sucks. My internet was slow, the screen display didn't look HD (it looked more like something from the 1990's). Once I rooted it and placed a different ROM on it, I'm amazed at the difference! Far faster than I expected.

Reading online, it sounded like rooting was going to be super easy. This is very important because the difference between the software that came on the phone and rooted is enormous. I was able to root it without a computer. What worked for me was placing clockworkmod recovery on it, then downloading a zip file that I flashed in the recovery.

I did make an added purchase of a powered USB hub. It's not really needed though. Between the 8gb internal SD card and an old 32gb microSD card I added, I haven't needed an external hard drive. I have used the hub to hook up my phone's storage, so I can share pics/videos/music with the stick.