Top positive review
40 people found this helpful
Works As Expected
on November 5, 2009
I purchased this waterproof cover to use my Kindle2 in the kitchen (with cookbooks I've downloaded or listening to books while I cook.)I have also used it in the bath tub (while my 1 year old splashed me!)
I ONLY use this cover in those places. This is not a cover to "keep" your Kindle in but one to use at a certain time.
- It is large enough that I can fold my M-Edge GO cover back and slide the Kindle2 in while still in the cover. (I like the fit better this way too, it's tighter but nice.)
- I like the sliding drawstring so that I can hang the Kindle up over the sink and still glance at the text while using the text-to-speech/read-to-me feature. Hanging also gives me the feeling that it's safer than sitting on a countertop where it can fall into something or be splashed.
- I can easily hit the next page and previous page buttons, which are the only ones I really need while actively reading with this cover on.
- Have to open it to slide my Kindle's "wake" switch. Though if I'm actively using the Kindle it doesn't sleep and this is not a real problem.
- The sliding drawstring is not removable to I have to tie it up if I use the Kindle in the bath.
- It's a process to get into the case if I do need to open it while reading.
- Difficult to use the cursor while in the case... difficult but doable.
- Don't like the tinted purple edge, sure I can see the whole screen but I wish it was all clear in the front. This tinted edge makes it seem as if the cover weren't made for Kindle and is more like an all purpose waterproof bag.
Entirely does what I expected it to, which is keep my Kindle safe from splashes and muck. It's not the Otterbox I have for my iPod video, but with limited waterproofing choices for the Kindle, it's better than a Ziplock bag and worth $14 (but not more!)