Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: New Version TrendyDigital WaterGuard Waterproof Case for Kindle 1, 2,3 (First, Second and Third Generation Kindle), Kindle Fire and other 6" or 7" Android Tablet (Purple)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 5, 2009
I purchased this waterproof cover to use my Kindle2 in the kitchen (with cookbooks I've downloaded or listening to books while I cook.)I have also used it in the bath tub (while my 1 year old splashed me!)
I ONLY use this cover in those places. This is not a cover to "keep" your Kindle in but one to use at a certain time.

PROS:
- It is large enough that I can fold my M-Edge GO cover back and slide the Kindle2 in while still in the cover. (I like the fit better this way too, it's tighter but nice.)
- I like the sliding drawstring so that I can hang the Kindle up over the sink and still glance at the text while using the text-to-speech/read-to-me feature. Hanging also gives me the feeling that it's safer than sitting on a countertop where it can fall into something or be splashed.
- I can easily hit the next page and previous page buttons, which are the only ones I really need while actively reading with this cover on.

CONS:
- Have to open it to slide my Kindle's "wake" switch. Though if I'm actively using the Kindle it doesn't sleep and this is not a real problem.
- The sliding drawstring is not removable to I have to tie it up if I use the Kindle in the bath.
- It's a process to get into the case if I do need to open it while reading.
- Difficult to use the cursor while in the case... difficult but doable.
- Don't like the tinted purple edge, sure I can see the whole screen but I wish it was all clear in the front. This tinted edge makes it seem as if the cover weren't made for Kindle and is more like an all purpose waterproof bag.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:
Entirely does what I expected it to, which is keep my Kindle safe from splashes and muck. It's not the Otterbox I have for my iPod video, but with limited waterproofing choices for the Kindle, it's better than a Ziplock bag and worth $14 (but not more!)
on June 10, 2009
This case is a terrific way to keep water and sand off your Kindle. The seals are very good and the cord allows you to hang it around your neck for extra security. Keep in mind however that the clear plastic is GLOSSY not matte. It makes sense for keeping it dry, but it does make finding an angle to read your Kindle at a little challenging at times.
on May 10, 2009
I purchased this to protect my K2 when we travel to the beach or our local waterpark. So far I'm pleased with this product. My K2 fits in the case, with a 1/2 inch or so room on either side. The kindle can slide from side to side, so I generally position it more to the left so that it's easier for me to click on the right side buttons. If you're a lefty, I'm sure you could just position it more to the right, since the fit isn't snug or form-fitting. I'm guessing the extra bit of room is to allow both the K1 and K2 to fit, hopefully someone who uses this with their K1 can also review this product.

You can't turn the kindle on/off if it's sealed in the case, and it can be a bit difficult to select your book once the kindle is secure inside. I'd recommend finding your spot in the book before sealing your kindle up inside. There's two different ziplock areas at the top of the case, which are folded and then snapped under for extra protection. The fit is a bit tight, but I imagine it'll snap easier with more use. This keeps the kindle very dry and secure; I'd have no problem reading in the tub or next to the edge of a pool.

For the price, I'm very happy with this product and expect to get lots of use out of it this summer.
on August 2, 2011
As a pool owner I purchased this product to protect my kindle. This last week I got just the bottom wet for a quick second and it filled with water and ruined my Kindle. I would not trust this product as I had to purchase a new Kindle today. Even if they would send me a new cover I would be to nervous to even us it. Unfortunatley this little leak cost me $115.
The company did not back their product and in fact told me after the fact that I should have tested it daily by putting a papertowel inside and immerseing it in water. No where on the product does it list doing this and if it had I would have sent it back immediately. Terrible product, worse company!!.
on January 10, 2010
This product is a must if you are going to a beach. The blowing sand and moisture can't get to your K2. I use it whenever I am at the beach and also on our boat as an added protection.

You do need to turn the Kindle on and I find that it does help to select your book first. The 5 way is a little hard to use to navigate, but it works well to just turn pages. Not a huge negative since I really want to use it to read my books.

I also read the New York Times with it, I start with page one and just click next page. I would rather have this quality protection rather than something that is too thin to protect well.
on April 26, 2009
This is a great Kindle accessory. It fits the Kindle 2 perfectly; its easy to use; and, it makes it possible to read with confidence in the tub, at the beach, etc.
on February 9, 2010
I bought the purple case about eight months ago for my Kindle. I only used it about five times. The sixth time I used it the seam split on the side rendering it useless :(. It was cumbersome when I had it, but it worked well and I felt my Kindle was safe. I'm just sad that it didn't last past six uses.
on September 22, 2010
Great plastic container that provides complete protection for kindle by the pool or at the beach. It has a double sealed closure with a button closure on top of this. It keeps out all the sand and moisture. It does have a small amount of glare so that, in direct sunlight the angle of reading has to be tweaked, but is definitely worth getting. Be careful with sunscreens that have Helioplex because they permanently smudge plastic - and this case is no exception.
on May 19, 2011
I bought the waterguard cover to take on a cruise. I used it on the beach at Half Moon Cay and on a catamarian/snorkeling trip in Grand Turk. While I never actually had the kindle and cover in the water - it was protected from my sunscreened hands, sand, condensate from drinks and overall moisture of the air. The cover and kindle survived. My only challenge was turning it on/off was its a bit difficult to slide the little button while its inside the plastic cover...and I dared not open it with all those elements putting my kindle at risk.
on July 21, 2012
I originally bought this for a Kindle 2 w/keyboard, and it worked just fine. When I bought the Touch, using this bag is a big frustration. The weight of the plastic touching on the screen changes pages, sometimes multiple times. It also causes the font to change size. Yet when I try to "touch" the screen to turn a page or change chapters, it's nonresponsive half the time.

So this works fine with the nontouch kindles, but NOT the touch.