5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best for the New Kindle
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:14 Mins
I wanted to cover some of the features of the light that others had left out. Hope this helps you in your buying decision.
Published on April 11, 2011 by M. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Comparison between 7(!!) different Kindle (touch) lights...
I tend to obsess about finding the perfect solution for things, and this happened also with my search for a light for my new kindle touch, that I absolutely love. I ended up trying 7 different lights, and will post this comparison as a review for all of them. Hopefully others can benefit from my experience...

- Might Bright XtraFlex2: It is, indeed, mighty...
Published on December 29, 2011 by Peas on Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best for the New Kindle, April 11, 2011
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Graphite) (Accessory)
Length:: 4:14 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Erin Is Right About This Light!, December 23, 2010
BluIgwana (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought my first Kindle in late November, I disregarded reviews and bought the Kindle Lighted Leather Cover. The light is horrible, bottom half of the screen isn't lit well at all! So, looking to get better lighting...I researched options on Amazon and saw Amazon Reviewer/Shopper Erin Cormier's video review of the Versa Clip-On Light. Her video showed all of the features and convinced me to buy the Versa Clip-on Light.

As Ms. Cormier's video shows, this light clips on the top or side without covering the screen. It is very flexible so I can shift it depending on where I am reading.

Two unexpected benefits. First, I can leave the light clipped to the Kindle and bend it across the top of the closed case...I don't have to take it on and off as I expected. Second, the light came with extra batteries!

There is a reason this light keeps selling out. Don't waste money on a lighted cover, get this light instead!

3.0 out of 5 stars Comparison between 7(!!) different Kindle (touch) lights..., December 29, 2011

- Might Bright XtraFlex2: It is, indeed, mighty bright, but more in scope than in intensity. It casts light on a HUGE area, enough to disturb my partner in bed... On the kindle itself, it is only slightly brighter than other lights. Not enough to justify its size in my opinion. Which brings us to its other flaw - it is BIG. The clip is too large to clip straight onto the top of the kindle. I had to clip it diagonally. It seemed to work and be stable that way, but it is a big beast, and would not be convenient for travel, for me. Given that the illumination onto the kindle itself was only slightly brighter than other lights, I didn't think it was a good solution.

- Verso clip-on: Good travel size, very very blue light, not very bright, and it actually POPPED OFF my kindle when I tried to adjust the head of the light to shine in a slightly different direction. And while it's fairly small, it does not fold in any particular way, so it's not very compact.

- Verso Arc: Nice form factor, but I found the bright but somewhat uneven, and worst of all (which is why I returned it), if I held it in bed in a particular angle that I happen to like, the light reflected off the top of the screen in a really annoying way. Also, the light was VERY much on the blue end of the spectrum ("cold").

- Octovo: Also a compact light, but I found it very weak.

- Belkin Clip-On: As *light*, this was the best light of all. It is the only one that was truly "warm" (more like daylight), rather than blue. I loved the *light*. BUT, it is NOT adapted for the kindle touch!!! The adapter they send is for the kindle *keyboard* (as off Dec 2011). It just keeps falling off the kindle touch. With tried it with my partner's keyboard, and it fit perfectly. So watch out for that. Furthermore, it IS bulky. I could live with the bulk because I loved the light itself so much, but if it keeps falling off, that makes it useless. If they ever come out with a version for the touch, I might buy it just to have by the bed, and use another light for travel (see below).

- Kandle (regular): Form factor wise, it is the nicest and most elegant. Fits on the Kindle like a glove, and even fits into my Belkin sleeve for the kindle. Yes, the light on the screen is a bit uneven (weaker at the bottom or on the further side, depending on whether you have it mounted on the side or the top), but not terribly so. BUT it has two major flaws. (1) When you close the lid, the light does not shut down automatically. And once it's shut, you don't notice it's on. Easy to go through a set of batteries per day in this way... And (2), the on/off button is too easily pressed. I pulled it out of my purse to find the light on, when I know I shut it off. So if you'll have it anywhere where it might come in contact with other things, again, watch out for battery issues...

- Kandle Flex: This is the one I ended up with. Again, like the other kandle, fits on the kindle like a glove. It's very compact, easy to adjust the direction of the light without disturbing the base (unlike the mighty bright or the verso clip-on), very compact, small form factor, and decent light. Because the direction of the light is adjustable, it's easy to get relatively even light throughout. The only negative I have is that the light is not quite as warm as a the belkin (but I am not sure it's doable with "watch" batteries), and is a touch weaker than I'd like, again, I think because they use watch batteries. In exchange, you get a very nice, light, compact form factor. So, while not perfect, it is, in my opinion, the clear winner in this lot, and the one I ended up
keeping.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Light and Damaged My Kindle, December 30, 2010
I was immediatley disappointed with this product. The light creates a bright round glare where the light falls and illuminates little else. I angled my light facing up as much as I could to reduce the glare (which further reduces functionality) and continued to use the light. When I unclipped the light one day, I noticed a large crack right along the top of the kindle where the light has been clipped. Although my Kindle is still functional, I don't appreciate the damage caused by simply clipping a light onto it, as directed in the Verso instructions. I do NOT recommend this product!!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT what I wanted!, November 1, 2011
M. Mccullough (Mandeville, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
I bought the Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle to use with my M-Edge Kindle cover, based on reviews. One reviewer criticized the shortness of the M-Edge light, preferring the longer length of the gooseneck on the Verso. My experience with the Verso was: It was okay for angling the light for optimum reading, but the clip kept popping off the edge of my Kindle! This was annoying, at best! Then, the battery ran out within a week, and its having a CR2 battery really made this problematic! The Verso came with an extra set of batteries, so I replaced the original set. Not only did the Verso keep popping off my Kindle, there was no way to store it in the M-Edge cover, so I just left the Verso light at home whenever I took the Kindle with me anywhere. Meanwhile, as I watched the Verso's second set of batteries drain, I ordered the M-Edge light. Like night and day, to make a very weak pun! The M-Edge takes one AAA battery, the advantage of which is HUGE. Also, the length of the gooseneck has little or no bearing on aiming the light. The fact that the M-Edge light can be angled up or down parallel to the long edge of the Kindle lends much more variability to aiming the light. Also, I've had the M-Edge light for a week now, using it to the same degree as I did the Verso, and I've not noticed any dimming of the light. It's also helpful that the M-Edge light has an automatic timer: it shuts off after 60 minutes. I'm not worried about the battery draining, since I always have AAA batteries on hand. So, if you're debating which light is better for use with the M-Edge cover, the M-Edge light is far superior. I'm now just using the Verso light on puzzle books, but even that isn't too great since the light has become dim, and it's so heavy, it keeps making the pages where it's clipped flop down, even if it's almost the whole book. Then it becomes unclipped and falls off.

1.0 out of 5 stars I loved it - while it lasted..., June 14, 2011
I was so excited to receive this light so I could read in bed without disturbing my husband. However, the batteries that came in the light were dead, so I replaced them with the extra set that came with the light. Those batteries died after using the light for approximately 45 minutes. I thought maybe the two sets of batteries that came with the light were old or defective so I purchased new batteries, but each set only lasts for one use/or about 45 minutes. It's just not worth purchasing a new set of batteries each time I want to use the light so now it just sits in my nightstand drawer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Back It Went, January 23, 2012
I read a lot of the reviews for the Verso Book Light and decided to take a chance.
The light arrived very quickly and was banging around in the box. Kind of surprised that it was shipped without some kind of packing. Anyway, the light already had two batteries installed and did not work! I took them out and installed the second set of batteries that came with the light. The good news: It worked! The bad news: I couldn't turn it off! I would have had to install and uninstall the batteries every time I wanted to use it, so.....Back It Went! I will say that Amazon was very nice and promptly refunded my money. I found a nice booklight called the E-Luminator Touch @ Staples for 29.99...works great. Maybe I just got a 'lemon'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough, February 4, 2011
Gatzpup (United States) - See all my reviews
After LOTS of reading about reading lights, I decided on this one for my Kindle DX. I really like the compact size, the fact that it takes lithium batteries (you can get 25 for $4.50 on Amazon!), and the way it adjusts. The neck is flexible enough to adjust to your needs, but sturdy enough to not feel cheap. The clip has foam on it to protect the kindle and I am able to clip it on the top, corner, or side. I have noticed, however, that there is a hot spot, or a glare, and I have to adjust the light to find just the right angle. That, and the fact that the light doesn't quite reach the bottom of my screen (I can still see the screen in the dark, but it's a strain), are the reasons I took away one star. Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice light, for about 3 hours, February 6, 2011
Bought this light to go with the Kindle for my daughters birthday. It worked for 1 reading session, and then would no longer come on. Tried the replacement battery, same thing. Tested the batteries, and they were fine. Promptly returned it and received a refund from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the glare., February 7, 2011
The Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Graphite) is very bright and illuminates the entire kindle. However, I found that the light caused a glare on the kindle screen. To circumvent the glare the arm need to be moved to another part of the screen in order to read the full page. It became annoying and as a result i purchased the Amazon cover with the built in light which does not cause a glare. The Verso Clip-on light is great reading light for books - no glare - so its not wasted.

Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Graphite)
Used & New from: $13.50