1,184 of 1,193 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Verso + Style = Versatile.
I ordered this booklight with a reasonable amount of skepticism. In my past experience, booklights have been bulky, clunky, heavy, and they all seem to drain their batteries really quickly. However, this is far from the case with the stylish and small Verso. Good things come in sleek packages. The design of the product fits right in with the style of the Kindle...
Published on July 20, 2010 by Stephen Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful little light but......
Published on August 9, 2010 by Jackie P, SXM

1,184 of 1,193 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Verso + Style = Versatile., July 20, 2010
Stephen Black (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)

First of all, the Verso is compact. It's small enough to fold up and easily fit into your purse or pocket. Second, it clips onto my Kindle with ease, and works even with the leather case I have. The design of the Verso clip is done in such a way that it conforms to the shape of your Kindle. Third, the Verso is extremely lightweight. It doesn't weigh down the Kindle, and the responsive bendable arm makes comfortable adjustment a cinch. You also don't need to have it directly over the Kindle to give you enough light while reading.

Which brings me to my final and perhaps most important point: the Verso is BRIGHT. But not 'ah! there's glare on my screen!' bright. It gives the perfect amount of natural looking light that is easy on the eyes. It also comes with two spare replaceable batteries, but I honestly can't imagine using those anytime soon. I've been using the Verso with my Kindle every night since I purchased it, and it shows no signs of fading.

With these awesome features and ease of use, the Verso was a strong contender when I was shopping for booklights. The $19.99 price just sealed the deal. Overall, it's a fantastic product for the money, and I would highly recommend it to those looking for a little e-book illumination.

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful little light but......, August 9, 2010
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
Light is bright and excellent illumination for the Kindle screen! If you don't travel a great deal, it's a delight for sleepers who have reading spouses! Have only rated it a 3-star because of a battery compartment design issue. We travel a great deal and there is no case nor protection for the on/off switch. Therefore, the light inadvertently gets turned on while in the bag, then has no battery life left when needed. To get around this problem, we must remove the batteries after each use and then re-install, which is time consuming and awkward. Please re-think the design and give us something more travel friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kindle Light !!, June 18, 2010
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
I have been a long time Kindle owner and have tried a bunch of different lights. I love this one. It is nice and small, very bright and light weight. The clip fits perfectly on the Kindle frame and also works great on my Kindle cover. Most importantly, there is no problem with glare like I have experienced with the other lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison of Verso, Mighty Bright and Belkin, November 8, 2011
C. G. King (Horse Country, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
I've now tried all three of these lights on my Kindle 2 and while there are good features to each (and downfalls), the Verso is the keeper for me and here's why. I started out with the Mighty Bright. I liked the brightness, the spring clip that allowed me to secure it to my Kindle in its leather case with the cover folded back and the ease to change from one setting to another easily and one-handed.

When I loaned it to my son during a power outage at his house, he liked it so well, I had to buy another for myself--you know how that is :). Because the Mighty Bright is rather heavy (its only downside for me) I decided to try a different light. The weight of the Mighty Bright isn't an issue when I'm reading using a stand, but when holding the Kindle I was aware of the extra weight and depending on how I was sitting or reclining, that weight sometimes made for a balancing issue or tiring hand.

I decided to try the Belkin light because it's not so heavy. It is in fact much lighter but it had other issues. The clip is adjustable but is not a spring clip, rather it slides from a narrower opening to a wider opening, but that's all. It fit fine on the Kindle 2 alone (too big for the slimmer Kindle 3, by the way), and even accommodated the cover back, but would not fit the Kindle plus two thickness of the cover when it is folded back. Because of the Belkin's somewhat bulky clip even though you can attach it to one thickness of cover and the Kindle, or two thickness of cover when folded back with the Kindle resting in front of it, the result is too lumpy to sit smoothly in the stand and you can't even hold it well if you don't like the front cover dangling free. Not satisfactory at all. Obviously this is not a problem if you don't use a cover, but I do. I have no problem with the watch-type batteries since I can get replacements at the battery store as needed and appreciate the lighter weight, but the clip was a deal breaker.

I fully intended to order another Mighty Bright since the Belkin didn't work out for me, but the Mighty Bright wasn't perfect so I decided to try this Verso light and happily this one's a keeper. I really like it.

The small spring clip on the Verso doesn't accommodate the Kindle with folded cover either, but it is so thin at its edges, it doesn't tip or unbalance the Kindle when attached only to the folded cover so the Kindle plus light and cover still sits nicely in the stand and is comfortable to hold. It is very lightweight. The shorter neck is a plus. You don't need the greater length of the Belkin or Mighty Bright neck for the Kindle. It just adds weight. The switch setting is a one-handed operation push button which I like and the one brightness setting is all I need. All in all, this light seems the best adapted to Kindle use and the one I will stick with. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Kindle book light!, July 17, 2010
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
I have tried a number of Kindle book lights and this one is by far the best. It is light weight and clips easily onto my Kindle both with the cover on and with the cover off. The neck is the perfect length - not too long to be awkward to use and difficult to store and just long enough to allow light to shed over the full screen. Best of all, the light is bright, yet doesn't create glare or shadows. I can comfortably read in a dark room. Finally a well designed, practical and effective light for the Kindle!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little light, July 2, 2010
EP (Athens, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
I got this for my husband to go with his new Kindle and he is pleased. The light is sufficiently bright (at least for reading the Kindle) and the clip is small enough that there is no danger of clipping on the screen and causing any damage. It would have been nice if it had two light levels like some other models, but I felt the smaller clip was more important.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light, nice and bright., July 20, 2010
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
This is an excellent light for the Kindle.

I'm a long time Kindle user and read by booklight most nights. I've had a few different lights and this one is by far the best. Its solid and fits well. Very bright (brighter than other lights I've used) but no glare. Everything I need in a Kindle light.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Kindle - and more, October 13, 2010
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
I specifically wanted a book light that I could use with my new Kindle 3 - or that I could use when reading a "regular" book. I prefer the flexibility in being able to use this book light with both reading formats (vs the light that's powered by the Kindle - there's no multi-functioning there). The light is *very* strong - not like those little inexpensive reading lights you find in the check-out area of your local superstore. It has no problem lighting up the entire reading space of my Kindle - in fact, it's a little TOO bright and I get a slight amount of glare from the Kindle screen. It takes just a little bit of adjusting to get rid of the glare, and it's worth that hassle to have a device that can be used with multiple reading formats vs being limited to just the Kindle. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dislike, not bright, October 31, 2010
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
Very disappointed in the brightness of this reading light.
Staple's has one with a three way switch: off, bright, and brighter, for the same price.
It lights up the whole page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Light For Any eReader, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Verso Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (White) (Accessory)
I've purchased two other book lights before buying the Verso clip-on light for my Nook. While the other lights were adequate, they were a bit too big as they were for actual books. What I like about the Verso light is that it's small and lightweight, making it perfect to clip onto an ereader. The neck is just the right length -- not too long or too short. The rubber pieces inside the clip ensure that your ereader doesn't get scratched when clipping the light onto it. Some other reviews say the light isn't good enough for reading, but I find it to be a good amount of light when reading in bed with the lights turned off in my room. If it was any brighter, it'd be blinding and not very comfortable to read with.

The product description here says this light is for the Kindle, but it'll fit pretty much any ereader on the market today, including the B&N Nook, Borders Kobo, and the Sony Reader.

Rate and Discover Movies