5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for its size!
I've had several book lights but this one beats them all! Spendy but I thought I'd try it. The thing it, its brighter than all the other popular ones I have tried. I put it up side by side with the most popular bookight that Amazon sells, and this one beats them all, it covers all the way to the bottom of both Kindles I own, the 6" and also the 9" DX. It is super...
Published on December 13, 2010 by Diane in Milwaukie

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little light and rechargeable!
Update: March, 2011

I just wanted to add some more info after having owned this light for about 3 months now. I have had to downgrade my rating of it and thought the reasons why might be valuable to some here. I am still pleased with how bright this light is, the design, placement, and the weight are all good. What has become negative to me though is the...
Published on January 14, 2011 by Ravenant211

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted in a Kindle light, January 29, 2011
Westley (Stuck in my head) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The main reason I've loved my Kindle is that I can carry it with me anywhere and read at any time. Sometimes, though, I find that I want to read in places with less than optimal light, such as dimly-lit restaurants. Given that the Kindle is not back-lit, it's like reading a book in the dark. So I decided to purchase the Verso light. My main criteria was that I wanted a rechargeable light (I despise buying batteries), and I also wanted one that was fairly intense. The Verso fits all my needs. It comes with two different sized clips (one for Kindle and one for other e-readers), which fits very snugly on the top, sides, or even bottom of the Kindle. So one can adjust it depending on where one likes to grip the Kindle. In bed, for example, I often lay on my side, so clipping the Verso to the side of the Kindle works well. The light intensity is just about right. I sometimes I like to read under the bedcovers on cold winter nights, and the light provided enough illumination to do so (it's pretty dark under there!).

Charging the Verso is extremely easy; it comes with a charger cable that plugs a USB port (the cord can also be used to charge the Kindle). I haven't used the Verso for extended periods of time, so I cannot say how long a charge lasts, but I did fall asleep with it on once and it was still going strong after a few hours. The Verso doesn't fit in my Kindle case, but it is compact enough that I can carry it in my pants or even shirt pocket. The only debit is that the Verso appears a tad flimsy, especially the swing-out bar on which the lightbulb is located. I have been a bit worried about the arm breaking off (the arm has to be extended fully for the light to go on), although after using it for about a month during which time I rolled over on it at least once in my sleep, it seems to be holding just fine. I'm quite satisfied with this light and its features.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wanted so badly to like this!, November 8, 2011
J. Stockslader (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verso Rechargeable Arc Light for Kindle, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Keyboard (Graphite) (Accessory)
Purchased this in August. The light is sleek, good looking, and casts a lot of light. We didn't use it much, but when we did, it worked very well. It didn't add a lot of weight to the kindle. However, that's where the pros end.
You cannot store it with the kindle, or close the kindle cover with it attached. The light handle is very flimsy, and feels like it is going to snap off at any moment. It stopped lighting (even though it said it was fully charged) in October, right when I was to take a plane trip and would have loved to have it.
$40 for 2 months worth of periodic use does not make it worth it. I emailed the company in hopes that they will replace it, but since it is outside the "return" period, I don't know what can be done.
I wish Amazon would come up with a better solution to the light issue, or just suck it up and make a kindle with a backlight.

****update: the company gave me a full refund, saying that the quality was questionable and they were refunding money rather than replacing it. Great customer service!! We also decided to get the Kindle fire which does have a backlight already, so no need for another light. ****

1.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light, February 4, 2011
I returned this product to Lightwedge because it would not hold a charge. After twenty minutes or so, the light began to flicker and dim. I tried recharging it on three different computers, but the green light never came on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this light for my Kindle 2, January 1, 2011
This light is replacing my Book Owl light for my Kindle 2. 1) Love that it's rechargeable with my Kindle cord. I was constantly replacing batteries with my other light (and not the type you usually have on hand of course). Batteries for the Book Owl light only lasted for a couple of evenings. This is rechargeable so no more more expensive battery purchases or finding that I want to read in bed but don't have replacement batteries. 2) The brightness is great! It lights the entire page on the Kindle from top to bottom and side to side. 3) Fits great. The Verso comes with two clips, one for Kindle and one for Nook or other e-readers. 4) The pictures make the Verso light look large and bulky but it's really quite sleek. The light arm swings out and automatically turns on and off based on the position. It's really quite sturdy and looks nice on the Kindle. I can still close my Kindle cover with the light attached. I would highly recommend this light and wish I had purchased it a year ago when I first got my Kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, January 21, 2011
This is the worst book light I have ever paid money for. It is not worth the money. It does not fit the kindle properly, turns off when slightly moved or bumped. I have had it for 2 weeks and it no longer works. My advice is to purchase a different light and save yourself the aggrivation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great light but only lasted 2 weeks, January 13, 2011
The design and features of the light are perfect, but the quality of the product is poor. Mine died after it's third recharge, after only 2 weeks of use. It simply refuses to turn on even though it indicates that it is fully charged. Loved it while it lasted, but ultimately a waste of $40.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted it to work, January 23, 2011
This light is great in all theory. It fits nicely on my kindle, it is light and it looks sleek. However, the light flickers on and off with the slightest movement, and you must wiggle the charging cable back and forth to find the "sweet spot" so it will properly charge. I might have kept it if it cost five dollars, but for forty it is a ripoff.

2.0 out of 5 stars The little bulb STINKS!, September 28, 2011
If this light's bulb was not so fragile, I would have given this light 5 stars instantly, however that's not the case. Everything else on this light kicks butt. If you touch the swing arm near the bulb, it twinkle's on and off. If you hit that swing arm hard enough (I'm talking less force than dropping it) the bulb will break all together. My wife turned the swing arm to the off position with a touch of force, and that was it. You can't replace the bulb, so you're SOL...

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, November 8, 2011
I bought this light before going on holiday. Worked great on my kobo touch (quality light, last long, etc) BUT after 3 weeks the light stopped working and impossible to charge it again. Looks like an issue with the mini USB slot due to the very poor construction. Don't buy this - way overpriced for that level of quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect...until it broke, October 27, 2011
My husband surprised me with this light about 3 weeks ago. I had not splurged and gotten it for myself because I hesitated to spend so much money. I was using this with my K3 in a case. It fit along the top of the case and the Kindle well and was held securely. The light covered a decent area, although the bottom of the Kindle was a bit dark. The ideal thing about it for me is that it is rechargeable, and holds a charge for several hours worth of use. I thought it would pay for itself with my savings from batteries, and it also makes it a very light book light.

I fully charged the light according to the instructions and began using it the next day. The charge lasted long enough for me to read a couple of hours every evening for almost 2 weeks. One night it started fading markedly so I charged it according to the directions. Once I tried to start using it again, it seemed fine for a couple of minutes, but then started flickering. After a few minutes of flickering, it went out and I could never get it to light again. I was so disappointed that it broke, but was thankful that my husband had purchased it from a local store so we could return it fairly easily. If it had lasted a couple more weeks I wouldn't have been able to return it, and I would be really angry if that happened. This light is way too expensive to be so undependable. Perhaps Verso will replace the light if you get a dud like mine, but I would be sure of that BEFORE buying one. I myself am not willing to take that chance, and continue with my quest for a perfect book light for my Kindle 3. :(

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›