Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Verso Versailles Case Cover for Kindle Fire - Black/White (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 16, 2011
I bought this cover for my Kindle Fire, and I love it. As another reviewer mentioned, it does fit quite tightly in the bands, and I wasn't sure if it would fit at all when I first tried to put my Kindle in it. However, it does fit. The cover does have a slight manufactured smell to it, but mine is not as bothersome as the other reviewer's smell. Also, a bonus that I did not expect from only seeing the picture is the textured material. I was expected a smooth fabric feel, but it is a little rough and seems very durable. It feels like the rough fabric covering you can find on old books. The binding is not real leather, but it doesn't look cheap. I also wasn't expecting the enclosure band that holds the whole thing together. I've seen these bands on journals before, but never a cover for a reader, but I really like it because it holds the cover closed tightly when I'm not using my Kindle. The inside fabric is very soft like moleskin, and I was surprised at the quality of the materials used. Overall, this product exceeds my expectations, and I'm very happy with it.
11 comment| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2011
I recently purchased this case for my Kindle Fire. The description says that it is certified for the Kindle, however the packaging reveals it is for any e-reader. The case is sturdy and I appreciate the material of the cover. The fire is a tight fit in the case. It does fit in the elastic bands, but you have to really push it in. Once it is in though it is tightly secured and I feel like it will not come out. The only thing that bothers me about the case is the smell. I have had it for approximately two weeks and the case does have a strong manufactured smell to it. I am sure that will go away with time, but for now it is bothersome.
on December 29, 2011
After reading the other two reviews about this being a bit tight for the Kindle Fire, I decided to order it for my Kindle touch, which is about .5" shorter and it fits perfectly! It is a really nice quality case - sturdy and feels more expensive than it is. I love the elastic band that keeps it closed. I did not notice any smell unless I held it right up to my nose. Like the other reviewer said, the cover is actually textured like a nice, thick fabric. All in all a beautiful case at a great price - I couldn't be happier.
on December 26, 2011
The only 2 flaws this cover has is that it does not provide a dedicated opening for a stylus and it could use an anti-slip around the edge of the cover to allow it to stand on smooth surfaces such as a desk or table.
on January 4, 2012
I just got my Verso Versailles Cover for my Kindle Fire. I read the other reviews prior to purchase. The cover does have a "new" smell to it, I dont mind it, and cant smell it unless I put my nose to the cover. My Kindle Fire fit perfectly into the cover, it took me no time at all to fit it in. I do have to say in the picture it looks whiter than the one I got, which was more off-white, kind of matches my cream couches. Hopefully with it being off-white it will hide dirt better. Also, if I fold the cover inside out, (on a non-slick surface), the cover props up my kindle for me, for when I want to watch movies or something. Overall great product. I would recommend.
on January 14, 2012
After receiving the Kindle Fire for Christmas this past year I found the need to purchase a case to protect it. After looking through the available products, I decided that this Verso Versailles case was the perfect one for me. I read the reviews and saw that many thought it was a tight fit (which is is) and that it has a strong chemical smell (which is does). But even taking those two factors into account, this was the best purchase that I could make. The case protects the Kindle Fire screen and while the fit is tight, it makes it feel more secure and less likely to fall out. One other benefit I found with this case is you can stand it up so that your Kindle is propped up - great for reading at lunch when you don't want to hold it in your lap. Yes, it does take a little maneuvering but it can happen. One thing I was disappointed in is the strong chemical smell when you first take it out of the package but I fixed this real quick. A large zip lock bag and four bounce dryer sheets, wrap tightly and let sit for twelve hours and now it's dryer fresh - note DON'T PUT IT IN THE DRYER! The design is exactly as pictured and it does have a pocket on the inside - a great place to store coupons or an extra dryer sheet! All in all I am thrilled with this case.
on December 28, 2011
I just got this cover in the mail today and I LOVE it! It is super adorable! My kindle fits in it perfectly. Some previous reviews said that it was too small, and it is a little tight, but I am confident that it's not going to fall out, it's nice and snug. I am very happy that I chose this case!
on December 29, 2011
This case is great! Very easy to use and also has a tight little pocket on the inside for whatever.

The only thing is the smell, which smells like gasoline to me. I'm sure it will dissipate in time. Over all, well worth it.
on December 27, 2011
It does have a little bit of a smell to it but nothing unbearable! Love the look of it with the textured outside and the velvet inside. Bought for my Kindle Fire and is a little bit of a sqeeze in there but just took a little pushing and pulling but it's in there nice and snug!

Overall, really like it!
on January 16, 2012
The beautiful material is firm and fits beautifully over my kindle fire. I started using a stylis, and I can clip it to the elastic band between the kindle top and the cover. The stylis rests flush across the top.