5.0 out of 5 stars Get Ready to ROCK your body and ROLL your heart!!!!!
After reading some reviews in this forum I really understood the magnitude of the light and influence of the mighty Hasselhoff. He has changed the life of a variety of people around the world: old and young, men and women, cancer survivors and junkies, italian monks and iraqui insurgents, even the unforgeteable gay peruvian.

It's good to know that I'm not alone...
Published on September 6, 2005 by Oswaldo Graziani

3.0 out of 5 stars The best introduction to the most lavishly produced golden throat artist in recording history
These are all professional recordings: Hasselhoff most likely is the "front" in these recording projects, and someone (many someones, I'd venture) blew a mint several times over floating these singles' projects.

One kicka** song, a great rhythm production, though it's in that vein of synth-pop rockers with a late '80s feel: "Looking for Freedom." EVERYTHING...
Published 17 months ago by Son of Flintstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Ready to ROCK your body and ROLL your heart!!!!!, September 6, 2005
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)

It's good to know that I'm not alone when I think It's amazing how a man can reach so many hearts and transform so many souls with his astonishing, yet sublime, voice, and the sincere charm of his fashion.

I can tell you this: It surely enhanced my life and yes, I have my own story to share, even though it may not be nearly as incredible as the ones I read.

My name is Ed Asno, and I'm an active member of The Richard Dean Anderson Fan Club; for those of you who dare not to know he is the man behind the superb MacGyver... my own personal TV GOD. (I used to be in the Geraldo Rivera Fan Club but I quit when I find out he had an affair with Bette Midler... but that is another story.)

Well, as you can imagine, with the kind of TV icons I just mentioned it's difficult for The Hoff to be the only master of the industry. For me he is on the Top 5 most influential men to ever touch the face of earth, but little did I know that it would become an unbeatable number 1. As you all come to realize, a true genius has the power to transcend other horizons like a shooting star in the sky. And oh boy, this is how I find it out how the "Knight Rider" did it:

Herbie, the president of the Fan Club, threw a party at his house to show us his new memorabilia collection: "TV's Little Men, Big Souls", dedicated to Paul Fusco, the man and mind behind ALF, and Gary Coleman, the charming and somehow cute Arnold in Different Strokes.

At 5pm all of us were wasted on a high of pop tarts and kool aid when Herbie decided to change our lives forever: He put his radio shack speakers to the ultimate test: The one and only Very Best of David Hasselhoff.

Well, my friends, I just can say that It blew me away!!! The songs, the rithyms, the melodies, the holy voice, the chest hair. All the party, and with "ALL" I mean ¡The four of us!, just got into an abstarct, almost hypnotic mode that I had never, ever, felt before. The air started to smell like roses, the lights went dim, and the rush, oh my gosh, the rush was like (and forget my french) an orgasm.

Since that day my mind hasn't stop repeating the celestial lyrics of the master piece, the opera prima, Hot Shot City:

"11 o'clock we are ready to rock,

11 o'clock yeah we are ready to rock!

Hot Shot City in a Saturday Night

We are gonna party down into the morning light!"

David Hassehoff may not be Richard Dean Anderson, Geraldo Rivera, not even Tony Danza, but he surely is the savior of the music industry, a man who truly dare to go where no other has gone.

Make you a favor: Buy this album and get ready to rock and roll!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rednecks love him too, March 9, 2005
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
Me and my man were cruising for a real romantic night on the town. We had left our 14 children with their grandfather, all though he has also a father to 2 of them...but thats another story. We headed to the local Walmart for our big date in our Chevy.

Had a little problem with opening the door cause Randy had padlocked it shut to keep the Racoons out of the door while it was in the trailer park. When we got to Walmart, Randy took me to the music counter for a big surprise. He had pre ordered a copy of David Hasselhoffs best of album. I was so excited I thought I would pee. Sadly, due to a little problem with Walmarts pre order system, they had forgotten to place it on their list and they had sold all 5 copies they had brought in within 2 months. I was devastated. However, Randy made it up to me by taking me to Dunkin donuts. It was the best night ever! I think I am now pregnant with my 15th child - who I am going to call David in honour of the Master!!! Hot Shot City is our theme song! Go the leather panted David!!

PS:Since I wrote this review I have given birth to a lovely little girl we honour with the name David.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like your soul is huffing paint, July 10, 2004
Beau J Pinkham (Iowa City, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
I admit I have not listened to this album, in any physical sense.
Last night, I took a moderate amount of opiates and stretched out on a bed of fine silk. I was tired, physically and mentally. My new kitten, Whiskers, licked my hair until I fell into a small trance.
An angel borne upon the back of silver whale erupted from my ceiling and hovered before me, naked and imperious. The cherubic face of the angel shined down on me, and I began to weep. He said only one thing:
"Listen."
And I did. I stared into his face for the entire time, his smile an even better drug than I've ever experienced before, and I listened.
When I woke up, I knew, just KNEW, that the angel was David Hassehloff, and the beautiful music that played as he copulated with my soul was his latest CD.
So please, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Man or Superman?, July 5, 2002
Fritz von Kampz (West Norwood, Upper Saxony) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
When Nietzche posited this question, David Hasselhof wasn't even a zygote in his mother's ovaries. Following in the tradition of the great musical geniuses: Bach, Brian Wilson, Nik Kershaw and Michael Bolton - Hasselhoff nails his sails to the mast, puts his money in the ring and it's wrestling time.
I particularly like track 14, Hot Shot City a dynamic song. The lyric, an imagined romance between Kitt (the car from Knight Rider) and the "luscious Lancia" (from the film Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo), Hasselhof shows not just dynamic vocal range but an admirable grasp of the principles of the four-stroke internal combustion engine.
The Best Is Yet To Come is a Ronseal song, that does exactly what it says on the tin. It sets up an expectancy that lasts for the rest of this compilation.
"Je Taime Means I Love You" - Hasselhoff as language teacher? It could work. Before that I never understood what that Serge Gainsbourg was on about. Thanks Hassy.
"Flying On The Wings Of Tenderness" - I just love that image, I mean, what does tenderness look like? Magic. Hasselhoff as poet? Certainly.
"Du " disappoints slightly. I think it should be called "Du is the familiar second-person participle in German". Hasselhof as language teacher? Maybe he needs teacher training. Don't let this put you off. Buy this incredible CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Perfect, February 21, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
Holly. Presley. Lennon. Bolan. Hendrix. Morrison. Cobain. Hasselhoff.
Why do the good die young? Sadly David is no longer with us, but this album will cement forever his place in Rock's Hall of Fame. The standards have been raised in Rock Balladry, and I will put my reputation on the line to state that they will never be breached.
David Hasselshaft was simply ahead of his time. He will be greatly missed.
God bless you, David.

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly ear-friendly, June 22, 2006
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
I always ignored the works of David Hasselhoff, both as an actor and singer.
For me it always was a bit too high-brow.
The critically acclaimed television series "Knight rider" and "Baywatch" were far too complex for my taste.
As fascinating the friendship of Michael Knight and Kit in "Knight rider" was, they too often spoke in riddles, forgetting that those complex stories needed to be accessible and understandable for a television audience.
Hasselhoff never made an attempt to communicate with his audience, to simplify and translate things of his, strongly by performance art influenced, creation.

So I was pretty pre-judged by his singing project, expecting an experimental complex and complicated musical universe.
Having only recently come in terms with my dislike for serial composers like Pierre Boulez and Stockhausen and finally accepting my limited intellectual capabilties, I didn't want to confront myself with yet another inaccessible masterpiece.

True, "Do the limbo dance" requires a couple of listening sessions before it reveals its secrets.
Its dense and complex structure may be a turn of for most listeners, but I bid you to be patient, the glorious moment of recognition and comprehension will come and it is definitely the most powerful and convincing piece I heard in a very long while.

The rest of the tracks are surprisingly ear-friendly.
Though pretty complex in its instrumentation, the musical themes actually aren't that difficult to follow.
You could say, this might sound ridiculous, pop music is the biggest influence on this album.
"Hot shot city" is a good example of how Hasselhoff's creative and unorthodox writing couples with a nice upbeat pop-influenced musical jacket...surprisingly easy on the ear.

Hasselhoff didn't choose for strings and other acoustic instruments, instead he chose the synthesiser as main instrument.
A stroke of brilliance I must say, yes, I agree that synthesiser can add too much "high-cultur" to music, but Hasselhoff's music wouldn't sound right with the ordinary strings or other acoustic instruments, his dense musical structures are just too sophisticated for it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this album.
Yes, it is experimental, complex and, at times, it does require some serious and concentrated listening, but when you finally 'get it', it stays with you.
Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A breathtaking work of staggering genius., December 3, 2002
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
Wow! Hasselhoff lays his musical credentials on the line and the gamble pays off. The sheer depth and breadth of this man's talent defies belief. From the opening rock magnificence of "Highway to your heart" the album is breathaking. It runs the gamut of contemporary music from Latino ("Do The Limbo Dance") to miserabilist slacker-rock ("Yesterdays Love"); he even gives rapping a go on "Hot Shot City", although admittedly this is perhaps the least succesful moment on the album.
Other moments of Flaming Lips-style experimentaion include the Linguaphone-inspired "Je t'aime Means I Love You". Leaving pauses for you to repeat phrases back is an interesting concept, but the song doesn't stand up to repeated listenings.
However, these are the only two tracks which fail to sparkle; the rest are solid gold. "Everybody Sunshine", for example, sees Hasselhoff bravely dumping correct grammar for an attempt at a spherical song; against all the odds this comes off. Babylon Zoo's Jaz Man could learn a lot from this innovator.
However, my favourite moment is undoubtedly the much-vaunted "dream ticket" - Hasselhoff's collaboration with The Scorpions on "The Best Is Yet To Come". A paen to tantric sex it is both moving and witty, and a far more interesting prospect than Sting ever managed.
All in all, this album shows off a creative genius at the height of his power. In turns touching, amazing, witty, innovative and downright booty-shakin' groovy. I can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aural pleasure with Hasslehoff, September 3, 2005
jaggerbog (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
David's musical career began in the 80's following on from his awesome acting abilities in the seminal `Knightrider'. The records he produced during these years were decades ahead of his contemporaries work. Better even than 'We Built This City on Rock and Roll' by Starship.

His talent made an incredible promise and instead of backing down from that promise he delivered and delivered and delivered for twelve years until the full implications of his delivery hit him: with his awe-inspiring rendition of the `Baywatch' theme, (track 8) he was finally staring into the wet, glistening jaws of genius.

"What about `Hot Shot City' ?!", I hear you cry. Well, let me tell you, David's performance on this song is particularly good. Originally released in 1993, this song re-introduced him to a wildly receptive American audience, instantly making him a huge musical celebrity. In fact, he is enjoying himself so much singing, that this song seems to be to him, the most important thing he has ever done in his own life, and the three minutes it lasts has to be among my finest ever life experiences too. I am certainly not ashamed to say I have had aural pleasure from David Hasselhoff.

This could be the most perfect set of songs, nay, pocket symphonies, ever recorded.
Simply blind-mowing.

5.0 out of 5 stars American dream, January 25, 2005
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
I used to be an Iraqi insurgent but after attacking and blowing up the lastest road block I stumbled upon what I can only describe as nirvana - David al-Haselhoff's greatest hits. Why oh why was this walking god amongst men not sent to us before? When I played it on a looted stereo I was instantly struck by the melodies that could only have been sent to earth by angels, I was sent into a frenzy of excitation that could only be previously achieved by shooting Americans.

I have now given up my bloody resistance and have pledged to become German.

The track 'Hot Shot City' is particularly good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REVIEW FOR THE COMMON MAN, September 17, 2007
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
Dümple Hüügelögg's 'Very Best Of' album currently has over 100 posted reviews, which are for the most part, very eloquently written. However, due to the album's compositional complexity and sheer overwhelming beauty, many are also very ornately written. As a result I am concerned that all of the complicated verbiage and numerous inevitable comparisons to the great Classical Masters of centuries past may be disconcerting to the "common man". Consequently, while it is not my intent to be a boat rocker, I think someone needs to exercise a little restraint, for John Q. Public, and reduce the verbose language use to a bare minimum. A difficult task to be sure, but I intend to do my level best to translate Dry Hümmpsplööge's musical genius into the vernacular of the common man. And granted, with this oeuvre, Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000, Baywatch, Baywatch Nights and a number of other highbrow works, Dögie Hümmpïnlègg obviously caters to those who are the Crème de la Crème of high society. Nevertheless, it is still my aspiration to make uncomplicated His majestic talents, and post a review that the working-class Average Joe can appreciate. After all, even though most are likely to presume, this CD is not solely for the cultured, perspicacious, erudite and aristocratic.

REVIEW:
This Doogie Howser sumb!+ch can sing, and I mean sing like nobody's damn business. If you think TV's Captain James Tiberius Kirk or James "Sonny" Crockett can sing, you ain't heard nothin' yet. And it is my belief that if you dropped William "Captain Kirk" Shatner and Don "Sonny" Johnson in a heavy-duty commercial mixer, and pushed the "emotionally stir" button, you could come no closer to reproducing the unearthly sound stylings of Dipyer Höggînbutt.

Dirty Hässanchezz is quite simply a musical and lyrical mastermind, and in my opinion only one other person on this spinning Rock nears his talent, and that person is TV's Tom "Luke Duke" Wopat, from Hazzard County, Georgia. YEEEE HAAAAW! And in the off chance you didn't know, Wopat is also a card-carrying member of the bronze skinned, hairy chested, mullet sporting, fast car driving, TV/Singer superstar club. Who likewise not only drives a car with a b!+ch!n' name, but also drives the ladies absolutely wild with uncontrollable, insatiable and utterly immoral carnal desires. Can you imagine the mayhem if these two mother truckers sang a duet!! Holy d!p$h!+s, that would be an amalgamation of high-octane testosterone the likes of which the music and the free world has never seen. Any CD unleashed on the public by these two alpha males would definitely require a highly visible disclaimer/warning label. Because I have not a doubt that if a fertile female even glanced in the direction of that testosterone-laden disc, the world would bear witness to the first Immaculate Conception since that of Jesus Christ.

But now, about this CD specifically. It's hasstonishing, and try as you might, you simply will not be able to get these songs out of your head. There is no point in discussing the songs individually because they are all brilliant, and for me, picking favorites would be like trying to decide which of Pamela "CJ" Andersons heaving/glistening bosoms I find more alluring. I just can't do it, sorry! However, if I were simply asked to pick a particularly good song, it would be, 'Hot Shot City'. The only modern-day song I can justifiably compare it to, in terms of pure emotional songcraft, would be, 'Stairway To Heaven', ...... from Pat Boone's 'In A Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy' album. Boone's rendition of STH will penetrate your soul deeply and forcefully and leave it weeping in the fetal position in the corner of your "spiritual closet". Yes, it's just that good. The consummate crooning of these crazy cool cats will completely conquer your cranium. (Sorry about that, I couldn't help myself.) In fact, listening to either of these two music icons' compiled works will leave your ears and your mind feelin' like they've been sweetly and dexterously finger-frigged. Yes, they are just that good. More simply put; these guys ROCK! (Caps and punctuation properly used.) And I would not be the least bit surprised if we someday learned that Bonesauce and Hërrshëysqüirtt are half-brothers and the b^st^rd offspring of Chuck Berry, the 'Father Of Rock And Roll'. Granted, time lines and pigmentation levels would make things a bit sketchy, but possible nonetheless.

In conclusion, it's probably not too far-fetched to believe that music such as what's contained in this 'Very Best Of' compilation is the ultimate reason why CDs were invented, nay, God gave us ears. Please don't let your precious gift go to waste. As soon as you get your next paycheck head directly over to Wal*Mart and buy this CD, that is, if it's not sold out. Given that this CD must sell like Coors at a NASCAR event. But please, for the love of God, nay, Mitch Bucannon, do not let that deter you, because somewhere in this great country of ours is a copy of this genius work with your name on it.

Very Best of
Very Best of by David Hasselhoff (Audio CD - 2001)