5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar
Published on January 26, 2000 by Wayne Grabbe

3.0 out of 5 stars mellow and easy listening..not over the top jazz
Jazz muzak for the most part but thats ok sometimes. I had been expecting much more but I forget how people's idea of what is good anything differs..use the listen to songs sample before buying. dont depend on reviews for music.
Published on August 10, 2012 by DSE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar, January 26, 2000
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
This series gave me some new insight to some wonderful jazz artists I have been missing in my library for sometime. I am an avid collector, of Earl Klugh, Peter White, Dave Grusin, Kenny Gee, David Sanborn, Wes Montgomery, Patrice Ruschen, David Benoit, Tommy Flanaghan, Nancy Wilson, and so many more I can't cover. This series is one of the best I have heard in some time. I gave it five stars, because its tops in my book. Such variety, such style, such CLASS. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Smooth Jazz CD Ever, April 14, 2003
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
I purchased this album in Singapore 5 years ago at an HMV music store where it was the featured CD in their jazz section. It was then, and is now the finest Jazz CD I have ever heard. I gave a copy of it to the owner of a Jazz bar I frequent near Tokyo, and he plays it every Friday night. Amazingly popular with guests, and generally anybody that listens to it, it will make a smooth jazz lover out of anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real foot-tapping experience!, August 15, 1999
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
Whoever decided to put Ronnie Jordan's "After Hours" as the opening track should be given kudos galore. It is the perfect intro to a brilliant selection of guitar tracks that represent a feel for good times with good company. For me "After Hours" and "Playing For Time" are the best tracks because they give such a soothing touch to your eardrums. The others are groovy and funky in their own nature. I could go on forever talking about each track, but I should simply say that it deserves its five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely the very best of smooth jazz guitarists!, June 19, 1999
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
I'm holding on to my third copy of this CD. I put it in the changer whenever we're entertaining and it is purchased by guests willing to pay three times its value after listening to it. Believe me, this CD is that good. It's not only great for entertaining but wonderful for "stress-relieving"...just sitting and listening to master guitar players at work. A most have if you enjoy smooth, cool, jazz guitar music.

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree, December 31, 2001
don (N. Dartmouth, Ma. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
I agree with all you fellow reviewers on this CD.And being rather particular about my collection of smooth jazz, I do believe this complementation does deserve 5 stars just on the well produced/written material, not to mention an excellent way to broaden your horizon on artists you may not be familar with. Inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Nights, September 14, 2001
Mark A Erichsrud (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
I have the 4 volume set of "Best of Smooth Jazz", but this CD is by far my favorite. Whether I am at home, in the car, or in the boat, this compilation of artists will touch your heart and leave you begging for more. In fact I am in search of a similar CD. I would highly recommend this CD to anyone interested in soothing, relaxing smooth jazz. Chieli Minucci is awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars I found what I was looking for!, December 31, 1999
Bond Fan (Minneapolis, Minnesota USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
Ever listen to really smooth jazz music on the radio and not remember the titles? I found those great tunes from Chieli Minucci, Larry Carlton, Peter White, etc. on this CD. What luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing album, December 28, 2005
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
Whether you're a jazz connoisseur or not, no collection would be complete without this cd. Anytime I'm feeling stressed I put on this cd and it just melts away all the tension and anxiety. This is a must buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely an all-time best album, August 17, 1999
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
This really is a must-have album. When I listened to "After hours", I became hooked immediately. I listened to it 5 times in one day I think. The tunes are fantastic-you want to sing them. Really, the artists are 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars smoothest jazz ever, November 29, 2010
This review is from: The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD)
i have all of carltons & foreplay, foreplay ia carlton bony james on keys, if you want to drive down the street and have everyone ask what radio you have on tell them a dvd of smooth jazz, we put the top down and cruz phoenix playing dvd of lary carlton, cheilli manucci, lee reitenhour, mark antoine, never fails someone asks what radio we have on and we say dvd bose stereo dvd, then we tell them the artist, young havent cought on to the beauty of smooth jazz but it is growing at an alarming rate due to the smooth jazz radio stations all over the usa in england that is all you hear, amsterdam people sit at coffee houses and tork up and listen to jazz and drink coffee, wine or amareto on the rocks,,, we did it is legal, it was our first time we smoked a joint or smoked at all it was cool especially when we knew the artist or bought it from Amazon, Amazon has a great selection of smooth jazz artists.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar
The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar by Very Best of Smooth Jazz Guitar (Audio CD - 1998)