Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 12, 2012
This book is the second part of my granddaughters Christmas present, the fairy costume. Whe she opens the costume the book is in the bottom of the box and I hope to read it to her when she is wearing the fairy costume.
on July 15, 2011
Very sweet and special little book for a grandma to read to a 5 year old little princess...at Grandma's house...not to be taken home with her to get torn up or sold at a garage sale. It's a bonding book to be read with an adult, with "big" words that might need explaining in a fun and sweet manner.
on March 27, 2013
They often say not to judge a book by its cover, but I think in this case, that would be entirely appropriate! My daughters were absolutely spellbound by the glittery artwork gracing the cover of this beautiful book, and they were equally pleased to dive into this wonderful story. They immediately identified with Gerry and her love of all thins sparkly and glittery, and they especially loved that she sings while she works (something my daughters can definitely relate to). They laughed at the scene where Gerry is emptying her dresser looking for just the right thing, leaving a mess on the floor - after all, how many times have they, the little princesses, forgotten to tidy their own rooms? And they absolutely cheered Gerry on as she spoke encouraging words to every person in her class, and then got to celebrate the perfect Valentine's Day with her class and someone special who just happened to pop by - her Daddy.

The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart is delightful through and through, containing a positive message about being a good friend and sharing encouraging words (even for a boy in her class who she doesn't get along with!), accompanied by wonderful pictures and artwork. Although the book contains a Valentine's theme, it's appropriate for every day of the year - and I have no doubt I'll be reading this book with my children many a time between now and next Valentine's Day!

I highly recommend this children's book and award it 5 out of 5 stars.

Book has been received courtesy of the publisher, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, for the purposes of this unbiased review.
on February 23, 2013
Great and very sweet graphics.
A bit wordy for my 4 yr. old. Probably because she was more interested in just looking at th e pictures when she first saw it and not in reading it.

I will probably buy more books in this series.
on February 10, 2016
The book arrived without a dust jacket and the corners of the book were tattered. This was to be a gift and in this condition, I did not feel good about giving this as a present. The book itself is delightful.
on February 20, 2013
I love these books. We have them all and my now 4 year old daughter enjoys reading them over and over. This one has a great message and shows that you can find something to love in everyone.
on November 7, 2014
I bought this book last month and gave it to my daughter. She's still a toddler - 3 years old. She's just starting to read and write because she is preparing for school. I have decided to give her this picture book.

Last week, I visited her and she narrated the story to me. At first, I did not have any idea of what she was talking about, and she said that the story is from the book I gave to her. Oh my, she really loved it!
on March 2, 2013
Gerry is very excited - Valentine's Day is coming (which is a Fairy Princess' favorite day of the year)! She works her hardest to make the best, sparkliest (is that a word?), Valentines ever for her classmates. She puts her perfect hand-made Valentines in one of her Daddy's green work folders to keep them safe. But when she gets to school, there is a BIG problem. The folders got switched and her very perfect Valentines are at work with Daddy (how UN-sparkly)! Gerry thinks fast and solves her problem in a very fairy princess way!

This is a VERY cute book! I like the sparkles that are with Gerry. They are VERY cool (in a Fairy Princess sort of way ;) ). I like the illustrations they are VERY well drawn! Gerry is a great character (even with me being a boy, I don't mind all the sparkle and my sister LOVES all the sparkle)! Gerry is VERY kind, VERY sweet, VERY caring, and VERY VERY creative! I think this is a great Valentine's Day book that kids will love!
**Note a reviewed a copy of this book my sister got as a gift :D
on November 21, 2012
This is such a charming book! My granddaughter loved it and I loved reading it to her - it's such a fun story and so well-written. I highly recommend it for any little girl who is into fairies, princesses, etc. They'll love it!
on February 25, 2013
Sweet story and nicely illustrated. I bought three for granddaughters for Valentine's Day. Great message - learn to think outside the box.