5.0 out of 5 stars eric carle umbrella
I bought this for my 3 yr old granddaughter and she loves it. The plastic seems durable and she can open and close it without pinching her fingers. I especially like that she can see where she's going while staying dry.
Published on June 12, 2011 by Cynthia

2.0 out of 5 stars Smells like a cheep plastic
When I got this umbrella it was covered in the white powder. Not sure if it was dust or some industrial staff. The umbrella smells bad, like cheep plastic, which resembles burning tire. I would not buy it again.
Published 12 months ago by BooksAAA

5.0 out of 5 stars eric carle umbrella, June 12, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable!, May 1, 2011
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
we love this umbrella! i couldn't believe how hard it was to find a clear bubble umbrella for kids--this one is perfect--sturdy, easy to open and close, and no pinchy things or sticky-outy things or pokey things.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, July 4, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
My 3yr old son loves this umbrella. it is little enough for him to hol but big enough to keep him dry. it is also so cute. i love it!!!!!
I also love the it is see thruough so my son doesnt run into anything or have to lift it up to see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute but smelly, July 18, 2013
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
I bought it for my 3 y/o toddler. I was surprised when I unpacked it upon receiving. It smells terrible and is really covered with some kind of powder. You might think it's a poison or something because it smells like very chemical material... I checked labels. There's no notice about this powder or care instruction before starting using it. I've put it away with a thought to return it. Such a disappointment. I was looking for see-through umbrella for my little one. Few moments later I decided to check the reviews and found out that the smell and powder is a common issue and followed one customer's instruction to wash it and let dry in the sun. And it helped. It looks nicely and is very easy to use. Child can watch rain drops falling on it and those colorful spots makes them look funny. Could be bigger...
In conclusion, it is a lovely thing. Not best quality you could expect and it takes effort to make it usable. Is it worth all of this (money, washing etc)? I would say yes...because I love my child, who loves the rain so much and I believed this umbrella just gonna make him enjoy it even more. I wasn't wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars World of Eric Carle Umbrella, January 6, 2013
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
The umbrella was very cute actually, but also not the best made. My nephew wanted his own umbrella, so purchased for Xmas. He loved it, but as being all boy, probably won't last long. Good thing was he enjoyed it!

I would probably recommend because the price was right and he loves Eric Carle books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for preschoolers, April 30, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
Bought this product for my average sized 3-year-old daughter. She is gentle with her things so I can't speak to its durability, but so far it has worked very well for walks in the rain. She isn't able to hold an umbrella up high enough to clear her line of sight, so it is great that this umbrella is see-through and she can still see where she is going. The size is great, offering good coverage in rain. It is big enough that I think she can use it for a few more years. The colorful dots on top are bright and cheerful. It is a very fun, cute umbrella, and just right for a preschool-aged child.

5.0 out of 5 stars ladybug umbrella, June 9, 2011
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
My son loves this umbrella! Especially since he can cover himself with it but still see thru it so he doesn't trip! Makes our rainy days so much more fun :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it..., January 27, 2014
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
Did notice as someone said it had an awful smell when we opened it, since
we had time until our granddaughters birthday we opened it to air and I
washed it in the shower with some ivory dishlotion. No smell now and it
is adorable. She hasn't gotten it yet but I am sure that it will be a hit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smells like a cheep plastic, July 4, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy, July 8, 2014
Dianne da Mata (Cape Town South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella (Toy)
My boys love it - it is just so perfect for their small size.
I love that it is transparent as they can pull it down far over their heads and still see where they are going.
A lovely sturdy handle just perfect for their little fingers.

Don't be put off by the comments on the site about the smell upon opening package - it is just a typical plastic smell from being boxed.
Once opened and rinsed - it is perfect for use.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella