Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on November 17, 2005
I must be the only reader who likes a series to contain characters from the previous books. I have been chastised in some reviews for this trait. I was left hanging with my mouth open when I reached the end of this book. No resolution was even attempted. No connection with Magnus's brothers in the previous two stories. No idea what will happen to Magnus and Angela, although we can guess at that one. To me this was a missed opportunity to gather together the time-traveling Viking clan and have a truly romantic, funny and enduring ending to the series. I also felt there were many characters whose lives and stories were left unfinished. I still enjoyed reading this book even though some of the things were becoming repetitive and tedius from previous books in this series and the love scenes were also repeats with slightly different touches (ha!ha!). If you have not read any of the books in this series, you will probably like this one and none of my problems will concern you. But as a fan of Sandra Hill I find this less than her best work.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2012
This is first i have ever read anything by this author. My loving friend knows i am a helpless romantic and bought a five of these Viking Romances for me and i decided to start with The Very Virile Viking(because of both the interesting title and the HOTTT ass guy on the cover!). Magnus is a very hot guy but not my favorite hero. He has 11 kids which he gained from four wives and several concubines, and he is basically the laughing stock of his village. He becomes depressed by all this and decided to go off with his kids to dicover new lands. Through certain happenstances he ended up in the 21st century where he met Angela who is a real estate agent and Grandma Rose's daughter, the owner of Blue Dragon.

I liked this book because is of the vasts amount of humour and sexual tension between the hero and heroine. Though most people thought the sex scenes were too much, i absolutely loved it! She had to let her hero live up to his name people! The Very Virile Viking remember!
Anyways thats just about it for me, certain things were left questionable. I needed a little bit more action, i'm a major Jude Deveraux fan and i am used to getting action and adventure between romance. I wish the author would haved placed her readers there when 'Big Bird' attacked and Magnus got shot. Also it would have been nice is Magnus actually accepted and went and did a little acting with Darrell. I don't think i needed to know that all the kids were possibly not Magnus's blood, that kind of spoiled the affection i had for them.
The dialogs, though funny, were a bit undeveloped at times for people over 30 years olds. I just cant imagine a grown man saying "Whatever!" Not to mention a man like Magnus who was described as heavily muscular and tall as a tree!

While reading, i kept thinking this novel sounded all too familiar, then i realised it was a bit like A Knight in Shining Armor.

Anyways the book is a good read if your looking for a few good laughs and crazy sex scenes(not to mention the dry tuppings). I enjoyed it but it wasn't one of those novels that grabbed me. I dont think i will be reading the others i have on my shelf now because i have a feeling it might just be the same story repeated but just with different characters: Boy leaves tenth century on a long ship and ends up in the 21st century, then meets a beautiful girl then falls in love after a few saucy mouthings. Yeah, i think i'll pass on 'em.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse