Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on November 4, 2002
For those who would like a pocket size new testament bible that is a bit classier than most. It has a leather-like look, gold edging, and a red ribbon marker. Sometimes the red-letter is off slightly from the black lettering, but generally, its what you need to carry anywhere you go. It litterally fits in any pocket. I've found myself pulling it out while walking or during prayer times.
It does not include proverbs, unfortunately. I wouldn't call it a children's bible either, though it is advertised as one.
on November 2, 2013
I bought several "pocket" bibles on here and else where trying to find one that was exactly what I wanted and this was it.
It had to be:
-King James Version
-red letter text for Jesus Christ's words
-the type face had to be easy to read.

One thing I've learned when looking at pocket bibles is the typeface is VERY important. Just as much so as the size of the letters. A good typeface can make small letters much easier to read. This bible has a very legible typeface.
Another thing I like is the pages themselves. It's not something you'd normally think of, but it was something I thought of after i bought a pocket bible a few weeks ago and the pages felt like construction paper. I had never seen a bible made out of construction paper, and I don't know why, but I didn't like it very much.
This bible met all my requirements, even the paper type. I'd highly recommend to anyone who wants a very portable quick access to the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Also, in the back is a guide to all the important events in the New Testament, including all the parables.
on September 3, 2011
This is a great little Bible that is the smallest I've seen that actually looks nice. It has a ribbon marker and words of Christ in red letter. I would have loved it more if it had Proverbs in it as well (and Ecclesiastes---but I've never seen that included in any compact Bible that isn't complete). Important to note that this is the King James Version. Though the font is small it doesn't seem hard to read. I have purchased a couple of these.
on September 27, 2015
This is my favorite pocket New Testament KJV on the market. It's an absolute must for me to have the Word of God with me at all times. Forget Bible apps, you need the real physical word with you.

The print is clear and readable and the red letter is nice. The only other one I've seen that has red letter are the New Testaments from the dollar store. It has Holy Bible written on the front, subject headings at the top, a nice long red ribbon marker and it is actually a perfect pocket size no bigger than your wallet so is very portable and practical. The cover isn't real leather quality but for the price it is nice. I believe this is the best all round pocket New Testament in print that you can buy.

Now for the "but" and despite all the pros this is a big "but" and may effect whether you purchase this...If you carry this every day with you to work it will most likely fall apart. Nelson got everything right on this except for one thing...The binding is glued not sewn. After about 6 months it started to come apart from the cover towards the end of Psalms and now almost a year after purchasing it has come completely away from the cover, the glue having become unstuck. I'm really gutted as I absolutely love this and thus why I persevered even after it started to fall apart. This is the one I want to have with me at all times but now am forced to retire it as it is now unusable.

For a more durable New Testament I'd advise purchasing this one that you can find using the ISBN number: 978-0834004436

This is the one I now carry. I don't like it as much as the print is not as dark, it doesn't have red letter, a ribbon marker or Holy Bible written on the front. But what it does have is a sewn binding which means it will last a lot longer. It also has the book of Proverbs.

I will probably purchase this Nelson KJV pocket New Testament with Psalms again at some point as I love it so much. But just be aware that if you carry this with you to work everyday don't expect it to last more than a year. If you want a more durable one I advise you purchase the one I listed the ISBN for.
on February 14, 2014
In the description no dimensions were listed and should be. It is 3" x 4 3/4". If it were an inch larger both ways it would be "just right", but then, it does nicely fit into a pocket if that works for you. It is a lovely little Bible in all other ways, very well constructed, a perfect little miniature. I would have liked to have the proverbs added.
on December 10, 2012
This New Testament was advertised as being leather bound. But instead, it was bonded leather. It would have been best for it to have been advertised for what it actually was.
22 comments12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2014
very hard to read format and font. do not recommend
on April 2, 2015
I want to write a review for this little Bible, which is better than the on-line description, with a leather-like cover, gilt edges and a ribbon bookmark. It is about the size of a cell phone, but the print is very dark and easy to read. Besides that, we received it only a few days after ordering it. For those who love the poetry of the King James version and want a pocket-sized New Testament for reference, this version is absolutely ideal. Thank you.
on February 10, 2015
Love it great for taking with you anywhere. Just what I wanted. :)
on May 1, 2015
In my auto-fits anywhere and I can still read the print!