Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 18, 2013
I use this watch at night. The light with the digital readout is perfect for looking at the time when you wake in the middle of the night. This is the thinnest watch I own, which aids in the comfort factor. I don't think I will ever wear it in the daylight because the display washes out easily in most any light. Also, the band is very small if you have big wrists.
on August 11, 2014
Visually appealing. Surprisingly super thin. I've gotten many compliments on it. Many think it's a smart watch. But it's far from a smart watch.

Functionally, I'd give it a 1 star. Can only tell time. No alarms, no stop watch. To even look at the date you have to press and hold a button. There is a dedicated one push set button, which is extremely aggravating. Many times, something would accidentally hit it without my knowledge and then my time would be all screwy. In most watches, you'd have to hold on to it for 3 seconds to prevent accidental presses.

The description said "water resistant up to 30 M" but don't shower or submerge it. How does that make any sense? Up to 30 meters of what? Water? But you can't submerge it! Needless to say, I got this as a gift and didn't know the details. I showered with it fine for a few months and figured it was waterproof. Then I started seeing condensation and bubbles in the display. Then went to a pool and forgot to take of my watch and it died.

The End
on November 27, 2012
VESTEL MEN'S DIGICHORD DIG009 Black White WATCH REVIEW

Features: 1 star * - (minimal features)
Quality & Durability: 2 stars ** - (mediocre/fragile)
Value for Money: 3 stars *** - (reasonable)
Price: 4 stars **** - (good price @ $42.00 paid)
Appearance: 5 stars ***** - (excellent appearance also nicely boxed with display stand.)

OVERALL RATING: 3 stars ***

This watch comes in a fairly decent & nice looking dark blue box with well made pull out adjustable display stand. Each watch also comes with a useful guitar pick with Vestel Logo, which is a nice unexpected touch.

This is a very nice looking inexpensive fashion watch, both on and off the arm. (best suited for people with slightly beefy wrists IMHO) ..... *The strap is not all that long so if you have extra wide wrists, it could be a tight fit.
The watch has a SURPRISINGLY THIN PROFILE and is also VERY LIGHT WEIGHT, making it a real pleasure to wear. (Best Uses: Casual & Smart/Casual.)

If you are looking for a watch that has many features with all the "bells & whistles", .... you best look elsewhere!
THIS IS A VERY BASIC DIGITAL WATCH with TIME & DATE ONLY with a nice unusual Aqua Colored BACKLIT DIGITAL NUMERALS - THAT'S IT!

Construction:
The Face and Outer Case of the watch is PLASTIC which certainly helps in keeping the watch very light and also very thin in profile, HOWEVER it can VERY EASILY be SCRATCHED and MARKED. The Band is made from a nice comfortable and decent looking polyurethane type material which looks and feels well made and well designed.

The back of the watch is made from stainless steel with an interesting design. Unfortunately the plastic casing makes the watch look somewhat inexpensive (which it admittedly is), yet it's STILL a very NICE LOOKING WATCH and one that can be worn proudly.
There are 2 buttons in front for TIME SETTING and DATE and 2 buttons on opposite side for illuminating the the digits in a beautiful Aqua Blue color. (one button would have made more sense IMHO)

Although the watch is rated to be waterproof, I would definitely NOT want to put it to the test, that's for sure! At best I would rate this watch as SPLASH PROOF Only .... and would NOT RECOMMENDED the watch be submersed in any depth of water, regardless what they may rate it as. (JMHO)

If your expectations are not too high, you should be very satisfied with this watch. You can't go wrong for the price!

In a Nutshell: SHARP LOOKING Fashion watch however NOT GREAT ON DURABILITY! - WATER RESISTANCE VERY QUESTIONABLE - WELL DESIGNED STRAP - GOOD PRICE - Best Feature: It's VERY SLIM PROFILE - RECOMMENDED.
on February 24, 2011
The Vestal Digichord Watch is thinnest watch I have ever purchased! It is very sleek and the display is just beautiful. It shows the time on top (Hour and Minutes) and on the bottom shows the seconds. The bottom right button displays the date (Month and Day (No Year)). The left buttons are for light. A basic and simple watch that is very sophisticated, but at the same time casual looking. The only cons if there are any, is that if you wanted a digital watch that are like the G-shocks that has a stop watch, alarm, bomb detonator (sarcasm intended), etc. then this watch is not the watch for you. It's a basic digital watch that will give you the time and date. What is misleading about the images is that in the images the background display shows a light grey and the font is black, but in fact its the total opposite. The background display is actually black and the font is grey. If you go directly on the vestal offical homepage they would should you the actually image of the watch which is much nicer, in my opinion. I never really like a grey background. On the official site this watch is sold for $65 here on Amazon is only for about $42, purchase it when you still have the time!
on August 7, 2014
This is an outstanding watch. Very light, very simple, minimalistic in design. It has an easy to read display, and the light is sufficient to see the numbers in the dark.

The strap may yellow after time, but you can obtain straps from the manufacturer. They have very good and attentive customer service. I contacted them to purchase additional straps and they sent me straps for free, even paying for shipping.

I own several of these watches and can recommend them.
on November 2, 2015
The watch is very thin and very lightweight with minimal functions: time; date; and light. No stopwatch or alarm and doesn't even beep. It is extremely comfortable to wear, and I wear it quite often (situation dependent).
Unfortunately the face is made of soft acrylic and scratches very easily on zippers, rings, even other plastic. I am hoping Novus Fine Scratch Remover Polish NOVUS 7136 Plastic Polish Kit - 2 oz. will help to remove the scratches.

Love the style, but disappointed with materials. I have the Black and White version.
review image
on July 29, 2013
I am known for having lots of watches. This one purchased on a whim since it was so cheap. And despite the fact that I have watches far more valuable than this one, EVERYONE always complements me on it. Crazy. Well made. Easy to use. Looks like it was designed for future space flight.
on March 14, 2011
This watch is pretty awesome. First thing I noticed - just like the first reviewer - is that the LCD display on the pictures shown is not what you get. It is a much nicer display than that on the pictures. Gray numbers with a black background. That makes this watch beautiful and fashionable. The LCD display is exactly the same as the Vestal Men's DIG010 Digichord watch.

The watch has two light buttons. Doesn't bug me much, especially since the light it emits is a nice blue, much like the indiglo from Timex.

Although the watch is unisex, it is big, and in my opinion makes it seem more geared towards men. While the band's width is big, the band is shorter in length than other watches I've had. When on my wrist, I use the second-to-last hole when fastening it. I have an average-sized wrist and am used to having at least 3 additional holes available when fastening.

It is definitely a watch I'll keep and admire for a long time, which is something I can't say about other watches I've had (Esq. quest, Casio G shocks, Invicta automatic watches, Timex Ironmans).
on September 22, 2014
UPDATE: Couple splashes of water when washing my hands and the watch battery died. They want 10 dollars for them to repair the watch. Any warranty described should be taken with a heavy grain of salt. WASTE OF MONEY!!!

Bought this watch for work because it was simple and very lightweight. The watch looks cool and tells the time. It can hurt my wrist after 8 hours of use. That is because of the rigid design and the fact that my job has me constantly moving my wrist around in the watch.

Since the new applewatch has been released I get comments about my watch on a daily basis. Everyone thinks it is a smart watch. I like this watch.
on April 1, 2013
This is a great simple watch. It's stylish, very thin, and very light. The time is very easy to read in the the daylight and the light button makes it great for looking at the watch in the dark. The watch is so light I sometimes forget i'm wearing it. I also like the strap and it's design. The one downside to the watch is that it DOES scratch easily. You have to be careful bumping or scratching its face against other objects because it WILL scratch. If it weren't for the scratching, I'd give this watch 5 out of 5 stars.

See 1 answered question