Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Color: Black/Matte Black|Change

on April 20, 2015
While I'm not a big fan of the huge watches that are currently in fashion, I must admit to really liking this one. I was initially drawn to this watch by the fact that it is a "lefty". As a left-hander, I wear my watches on the right wrist, and it's a bonus to have the (screw-down) crown on the left where I can get at it without going through contortions.

There are three versions available: ZR4002 (stainless steel case, black face), This one, ZR4003, (Black case, black face) and the ZR4004 (stainless steel case, white face) The ZR4002 and the ZR4004, at the time of this review, are selling for about twice as much as the ZR4003, making this a big bargain in more ways than one.

Make no mistake, this is a BIG watch. The stated measurements: Case diameter 53 mm, thickness 15 mm. So that's OVER 2 INCHES ACROSS, AND OVER 1/2 INCH THICK in real money, folks. And it's a fair weight too, the description says 16 oz (i.e. ONE POUND) I haven't weighed the thing on a scale, but from the feel of it on my wrist, I'd say that's pretty accurate. So just be aware! Some reviewers have expressed surprise at the size and heft of this beast. I can only assume that they didn't read the specs that Amazon provides, or that they're unfamiliar with metric measurements.

A couple of reviewers also complained about the inadequate length of the strap. Now,either the manufacturer listened, because the strap on the watch I received is exactly as long as every other strap on every other watch that I own. Or, those reviewers have enormous wrists. I have an 8 in wrist circumference, and I wear this buckled into the fourth of the eight available holes on the strap. Comfy silicone strap, in my opinion, by the way...

The face is simple and easily read at a glance. One nice touch, the 1 thru 9 numerals are prefaced by a 0, so ALL the hours have two digits. It creates a very balanced look to the watch.

The 120-click bezel is unidirectional (anti-clockwise), knurled to the 15 minute mark, and has luminous indices to the 20 minute mark.From 20 minutes onward the bezel indices are simply engraved, with no lume. The numerals on the face of the watch are also luminous, as are the hour and minute hand. (Though oddly, and unusually in my experience, the numerals are more luminous than the hands) The lume is adequate, but not the best I've seen.

I have showered, and swum wearing the watch, with no ill-effects, but as to it's performance at depth, I cannot say, though it appears robust. The Japanese quartz movement has performed faultlessly so far, and the mineral crystal is unblemished after being banged into a door handle or two.

All in all a VERY solid timepiece, but also a VERY big one, too.
on December 3, 2013
Overall a nice watch and does have some features which a "true" diver would appreciate. There is a screw down crown which (hopefully) makes it water tight. And it does have the heft of a divers watch. However, the downside is the band which barely manages to fit around my wrist. If I were wearing a wetsuit - this watch would not fit around my wrist and the silicone band could not take the physical abuse which is a part and parcel of scuba diving. The last bit is the dial mechanism - it's placed at the inner portion of the wrist vs. out. If you are moving your wrist a lot this part would be subject to more bumps. Recessing it would be better.

At the end of the day - bought it on Amazon's Black Friday deal and it was reasonably priced for a distinctive/heavy watch for just wearing about...on land.

p.s. after wearing this watch a month...it does have some drawbacks. The heaviness gets to you after a while. Sometimes the sheer weight makes me think it's made out of depleted Plutonium because it's really got mass to it. So much so that wrist was starting to get a funny twinge. And I am no lightweight guy as I lift weights. After I stopped wearing it for a week the twinge went away. Plus, the large form factor gets in the way when you are sifting through backpacks, briefcases, wearing a long-sleeve dress shirt. I think I will reserve this watch for those days where I need a costume watch. For everyday watches I will wear a Nixon, Sport Tag Heuer, Timex or other.
on March 18, 2016
This watch is an eye catcher. If you haven't worn a real diver watch (I am certain I wouldn't dive with this watch), know that they can be quite heavy. This is a heavy beast. I have owned a few - and ran the first until the battery died, and I cracked the crown. The second came DOA - dead battery. Batteries are going to run about $20 plus installation, making this model pretty much disposable. It is, nonetheless, a very attractive watch, and doesn't feel, nor look cheap.
on April 22, 2015
This is a beautiful, big watch. It feels heavy when I first pick it up, but after that I don't notice the weight. It's well-made and durable. The dial is big enough for me to read the time without putting my glasses on, which nowadays is becoming a big issue. This is my second Vestal watch. I will buy more.
on May 11, 2015
I received a nice watch, at a fair price. But...with a dead battery. So, now I must spend more to have a new battery installed. Then, the stem broke after trying to adjust the time after wearing it once...once.
on September 5, 2014
Super heavy and a very big watch. The watch itself still looks nice and it glows in the dark which is nice but like I said it's very very heavy
on September 27, 2014
Watch is just a little heavy meaning you will feel some weight but that's because it's made solid and it's durable. It's not so heavy that it can't be worn for long periods; it's hardy noticeable. Hey! It's a man's watch and it looks beautiful. The band is very comfortable as well. But the watch you'll love it!
on December 19, 2015
Appearance wise it is a cool watch but it is simply too big and the strap too small. I'm 6'7" and 280lbs and this watch is too big for me. As people have mentioned it is heavy and it does after prolonged wearing start to cause discomfort (nerve irritation) in your wrist. Because of the size of it the crown digs into your wrist or arm when you flex your wrist (I tried wearing it on both my left and right wrist with equal discomfort). For the price you get a lot of watch - but in the end you won't use it much.
on July 18, 2015
If you want a watch that is simple, big, and just tells time, this is the watch for you. It's my go to watch i wear on my hunt for the perfect "big watch". If it had the date, it would be ideal. I'm 6'10, 8.5" wrist, and it looks great.
on June 19, 2015
First time in the pool...full of water. Not exactly waterproof. I took it home and opened it up to see the battery and the backside of the face was all scratched up. Looks like a refurb or like someone had their hands on it before me. I bought it 2 months before it was worn (Father's Day gift) and now it cannot be returned. There goes my money. I will update if the seller can help.

See 1 answered question